Getting 140 exp to get your 14 points

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Tailor Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Getting 140 exp to get your 14 points

Post by dareninger » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to get your tailor to 140 experiment to get your 14 points or training? Trying to get this but cant seem to get over 134. 8 Weapon, 8 Shirt, 8 Chest plus your 110 to start.. 134.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Getting 140 exp to get your 14 points

Post by Savacc » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:47 pm

No, sorry, only Chefs and Architects can get 140 skill and 14 points.
I explain it all here

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Post by dareninger » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Great. Thanks!

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Post by dareninger » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:35 pm

So we should save the money on the power bits and get ourselves to 130 max. :)

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 pm

dareninger wrote:So we should save the money on the power bits and get ourselves to 130 max. :)
Probably, unless you think they will someday add a building like the "Diner" for the other crafting professions (or raise the Helper Monkeys to +6). :shock:

Can I ask a question? I had thought there was nothing in Tailor that needed experimenting, so why do you want to get to +13, or even +14, if you could? :?:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Savacc wrote:...Can I ask a question? I had thought there was nothing in Tailor that needed experimenting, so why do you want to get to +13, or even +14, if you could? :?:
Same reason that a combateer must-have that last point in DPS but we all know it makes no difference?

Couldn't resist 8)

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:45 am

Savacc wrote:
dareninger wrote:So we should save the money on the power bits and get ourselves to 130 max. :)
Probably, unless you think they will someday add a building like the "Diner" for the other crafting professions (or raise the Helper Monkeys to +6). :shock:

Can I ask a question? I had thought there was nothing in Tailor that needed experimenting, so why do you want to get to +13, or even +14, if you could? :?:

Tailor expertise is used in crafting beast master items, I've been wondering if the helper monkey is for both tailor and chef or just chef. I already have the diner so if it doesn't help tailor it's probably not worth all the trouble trying to make 20 of those necklaces. I have 2 done so far :roll:
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:16 am

redwhitenblue wrote:
Savacc wrote:

Tailor expertise is used in crafting beast master items, I've been wondering if the helper monkey is for both tailor and chef or just chef. I already have the diner so if it doesn't help tailor it's probably not worth all the trouble trying to make 20 of those necklaces. I have 2 done so far :roll:
SWG Wiki wrote:http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Domestic_Helper_Monkey
Buff Duration: 15 Minutes
Buff Stats:
* Tailor Experimentation +6
* Tailor Assembly +5
* Chef Experimentation +6
* Chef Assembly +5
* Does Not Stack with Diner
But as Savacc said, Tailor is capped at 125, the only benefit would be that extra chance to get another amazing. Many players say that Luck affects experimenting, I have not really verified or canceled those statements and neither has the Devs, so...

/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Was I wrong? :shock:
If the Helper Monkey for Tailor is +6 to Experimentation, then Tailors can get to +14. :idea:
I was also not aware that the Helper Monkey was for "Domestics" as in both Tailor and Chef. Doing some research I see that the "Munitions" Helper Monkey covers both Armor and Weapon skills, and the "Engineering" Helper Monkey is for both Droids and Cybernetics. I guess I am too focused on Structures, where we have two separate Helper Monkeys for Architects and Shipwrights. :roll:

What do Tailors make for BM? Are there two lines to experiment (like "Mutagens" and "Purity"), or just one?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 pm

I wouldn't say SWG Wiki is always accurate, but most often. Let's check it up. That I lack a monkey is obvious, is it not 8)

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Most of the BM subcomponents are made by domestics, and yes there are two lines of experimentation. Purity always comes first but getting the mutagen in the positive numbers is essential for mutating pets. Without it I have gotten stat mutations but never an appearance mutation. I haven't been able to find anyone that actually has the domestics monkey, and it is very difficult to get compared to what I have seen of the other crafting collections. Anyone have NS necklace schems on flurry they need crafted? :D
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884