Making a RE suit

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Tailor Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

EeheeStructureTrader
Novice Crafter

Making a RE suit

Post by EeheeStructureTrader » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:24 pm

im respec'n from structure trader to tailor to make sea's. im thinking adding luck and re chance to every clothing piece i can with a socket. is there anything else recommended to add? maybe an artisan assembly bit? also i have tried many times to make a +10 RE tool and fail horribly. i use almost max quality resources and my luck is pretty high.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Making a RE suit

Post by Savacc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:58 pm

We have an "RE Forum" with guides and threads on this subject, you should check that out.

Will you need to change your name if you have respeced away from Structures now? :wink: :roll: :lol:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:54 am

Yepp, find the RE forum nearby. Many Traders boost REChance, Tailor Assembly, and Luck in their RE-suit. The assembly to "warrant" a socket each on each crafted item.

Failing to get the RE-tool up to 10.00 :shock:
What level are you at? It should be no problem with it as long as CD on your Copper is above 960 and you have Resource Refinery in your expertize, otherwise you need a Copper with CD 1000.

Yeah, your forum handle will be odd in the Tailor forum :P :lol:

/Zimoon

EeheeStructureTrader
Novice Crafter

Post by EeheeStructureTrader » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:32 pm

im lvl 90 and i have resource refinement.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Then it should be no harder than to get a crafting tool up to 15.00; experiment 3-4 points at a time until done. If that does not make it I am puzzled.

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:26 pm

That is kind of wierd, were you next to a weapon/general crafting station when you were making the tool? Were you able to experiment?

As for the RE suit, you can add luck to every piece but for the exotic RE chance, you can only put on Weapon, Shirt, Breastplate. Furthermore, you can craft a weapon power bit to put into the weapon at the appearance stage to add a +1 RE chance, and you can also craft an Armor power bit at the appearance stage of the BP to add +1 RE chance there. You can't do that with clothing.

You should end up with +4 RE on the weapon, +4 RE on the BP, and +3 RE on the shirt. Use a +30 powerbit for RE chance at every stage, that should give you the highest capped RE chance.

EeheeStructureTrader
Novice Crafter

Post by EeheeStructureTrader » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:55 pm

yes. i have every crafting station in game all in 1 room all at 44.99992. no matter where your at in room u have icon under your name for all 5 stations. i am trying to craft it with my structure trader if that makes any difference.

so i would need a DE as well to make weap att for RE bit. can u put both luck and RE chance in att? i know thats a dumb question but ive read where if u put an exotic in att 1st u will always get just the RE and only a shirt att.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:26 pm

EeheeStructureTrader wrote:yes. i have every crafting station in game all in 1 room all at 44.99992. no matter where your at in room u have icon under your name for all 5 stations. i am trying to craft it with my structure trader if that makes any difference.

Should not matter, I believe it uses Artisan skill so...

so i would need a DE as well to make weap att for RE bit. can u put both luck and RE chance in att? i know thats a dumb question but ive read where if u put an exotic in att 1st u will always get just the RE and only a shirt att.

You can have up to 3 mods in a SEA.
If you want a breastplate/shirt SEA you MUST put in an exotic as the first bit, yes. See RE 101 in the RE forum nearby.

EeheeStructureTrader
Novice Crafter

Post by EeheeStructureTrader » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:02 pm

btw. when i craft RE tool i do not get the screen to use experiment points. it totally by-passes that part of the process.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:27 am

EeheeStructureTrader wrote:btw. when i craft RE tool i do not get the screen to use experiment points. it totally by-passes that part of the process.
Well that would explain why you cant get a +10 tool. :roll:

You do know how to experiment right? (I assume that you do)
Structures Teaders can make both the RE tool and the Componant Analysis Tool. The CAT is used in the Shipwright RE process and is made using a Shipwright Crafting Tool and Shipwright Crafting Station. A Structures Trader can make, but not use, an RE Tool (they are used by the other three trader classes). You would use a Weapon/Droid/General Crafting Tool and Station. It is probably possible to make an RE Tool with a Generic Crafting Tool, but you would not get an option to experiment when using a Generic Crafting Tool for anything. Is that what you are doing?

EeheeStructureTrader
Novice Crafter

Post by EeheeStructureTrader » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:20 pm

yes i do. that was kinda insulting but guess it had to be asked :D and i tried last night again and confirmed no experimenting available at that point in the creation process. dont know why. maybe im bugged. may have to send in a ticket SOE.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm

EeheeStructureTrader wrote:yes i do. that was kinda insulting but guess it had to be asked :D and i tried last night again and confirmed no experimenting available at that point in the creation process. dont know why. maybe im bugged. may have to send in a ticket SOE.
Which crafting tool do you use?
Have you confirmed that an icon for a crafting station that matches that tool is at your label?
Have you went out of the "crafting room" and back in after that the stations are loaded into the world?
Just wanted to ask 8)

/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:51 am

I really hope you know I wasnt trying to be insulting. :shock:

I was just thinking out loud and trying to puzzle through what your problem might be. Try using a different Station, maybe a public Crafting Station in an NPC city. I have heard of players fixing "bugged" Crafting Stations by picking them up and traveling to another planet and back. I have never done it so Im just repeating something I have heard. If you find you are doing everything right and its still not working, you may be right that you could be "bugged". That would really suck :cry:

EeheeStructureTrader
Novice Crafter

Post by EeheeStructureTrader » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:16 pm

i always go into doorway of guild hall and stand there till building fully loads. i have noticed that making this tool is the only time i cannot get experimentation option out of those items that can be experimented on. i have used all the crafting tools from other prof's to make a tool and still no dice. i will try to pick up all my stations and put back down to see if that helps. hopefully it will. and as far as the tool matching the icon, the room i have all my stations in ,(i have all 5), no matter where u are in that room u have all 5 icons under your name.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Really really odd, have never heard of but there is a first time for everything isn't it?

OK, next step can be to make a full scan of the game. That is done from the old Launchpad as the new StationLauncher does not provide that option (though I don't know what the Delete Scan Cache at the new launcher means).

If there is an error in a TRE file that might be corrected by a scan, if you are lucky.

Wish you luck :)

/Zimoon