Foraged "rare components"...

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Foraged "rare components"...

Post by Monty Burns » Fri May 09, 2008 8:16 am

Do they have a purpose or are they just a worthless space filler?

I just dont get this whole foraging thing, I load up my crafter and go foraging and I get tons of items and die a constantly to every mob that spawns, so I get my fighter out and go foraging and get screen after screen of "you didn't find anything".

Is there something I am missing here, do crafters have some innate ability that my combat character doesn't when it comes to foraging?

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Foraged "rare components"...

Post by kelsaka » Fri May 09, 2008 9:48 am

They are used in the portable deep fryer, which is the reward for one of the collections. There is a great guide to the collection here

Once you have the fryer, you place 1 Exceptional Milk, 1 Exceptional Egg, 1 Cereal Flakes (made by chefs) and one of the foraged rare components inside and make some Corellian Fried Ice Cream. However, your character doesn't like the ice cream made with most of the foraged components so it might take quite a few attempts to find the ones you do like. The non-liked ice cream will give you a pair of debuffs but if you find the right combos for your character some of the positive buffs found are:
Cure ailments: remove up to 3 debuffs
Remove weakened state
Increase experience gain by 3% (lasts 1 hour)

Oh, and make sure you use the fryer in a building you own, the ice cream is a no trade item.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity