Hi everyone!

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zeth
Novice Crafter

Hi everyone!

Post by Zeth » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:22 am

Hi there!
Been looking around alittle on this great site, and thought it would be time to register :) I'm fairly new to SWG (played about a month now) and crafting has grabbed my attention. I've dabbled around alittle on TCPrime with a Structure Crafter, but now considering to play on a Live server. Regarding the Trader profession, are there any branches that are more popular, and why?

Looking at the activity on the forums, seems it is ranked like this:

1. Structure
2. Domestic
3. Munitions
4. Engineer

Also another question, can a Beast Master use a pet and droid at the same time?

Look forward to learning more about crafting in SWG.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:45 am

Welcome here, warmly welcome :D

I actually don't know about the order. Many Traders have multiple accounts and play more than one Trader profession, so the popular-ness is kind of hard to tell.

Domestic:
Chefs make food for buffs which is both in demand and profitable once you have got great Flora resources. They also craft (manually) pet food which has been in high demand for a while now.
Tailors make clothings which is in demand by RP folks of all kinds, but it takes a while to gain the customer base, you need to be skilled and have great ideas to gain attention. Plus RE (reverse engineering) of course. Some components for Armorsmiths. Bulk LQ resources.

Engineering:
Engineers make droids and the novelty high-end combat droids are in demand. But also space accessories and droids, and droids for many other uses. RE-ing. Artisan stuff, whereof some must be top-notch, for Architects. Both LQ and HQ resources.

Munition:
Armorsmiths' goods are always in high demand. RE-ing. HQ resources, a lot of Creature resources.
Weaponsmiths have a hard time atm but hope for some upgrades soonish. Great resources of different kinds. HQ resources.

Structure:
Architects have an easy ride to Master and can sell stuff from day one == no need for speed grinding, often you level up just from crafting a larger item including the components you need. Furniture and housing is always in demand it seems. Plus all the crafting related structures and machines. Lots of LQ resources but HQ for crafting equipment.
Shipwright is sought after and in demand. I believe every galaxy always lacks something in this area, anything from small consumables to certain kind of ships. Takes massive amounts of resources though, both LQ and HQ. You are not a good SW until Master.

Did this help?

I believe any player can only have one pet/droid out at a time. Pre-NGE Creature Handlers were the only ones that could control multiple pets, DE couldn't do that. So it is a ether one choice.

/Zimoon

Zeth
Novice Crafter

Post by Zeth » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:56 am

Thanks for the information :) It helps, but it's still difficult to choose. If only there were more than 2 characters / server :wink: Ofcourse, TCPrime offers 4 characters... but low population makes me want to try a Live server instead. I've also been looking at Beast Mastery, so for my 2nd character slot I plan to have a BM.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Since Structures have the best leveling and does not really require HQ resources from start and you can sell stuff from day one, and it is equally educational as the other professions, why not? The only thing you won't be able to play is ground RE, but then you have space RE. And you will be able to craft your own Incubators. In the end, when you want to respec, there are always the three Profession Counselors in Coronet, Mos Eisley, and Theed.

/Zimoon

Stobbart
Novice Crafter

Post by Stobbart » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey Zeth, it's Reeve.

If you want any help with crafting on TCPrime at all let me know. I can help you out.. Domestic is good as many people need others to RE. I think on TCPrime there are less Armoursmiths so I think they are in demand.

TCPrime is new so it needs the crafters to feed the economy :)

- Stobbart
Starting up on TCPrime now.

Zeth
Novice Crafter

Post by Zeth » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Heya Reeve :) Good to see another TCPrime resident here. Been thinking about it alittle, and will give TCPrime a chance. This way I also can have 2 combat toons that I want to have, aswell as 2 traders. Will continue my Structure Trader, possibly focusing on Shipwright when I reach Master. For my 2nd Trader I'm not sure yet. Droids seems alittle interesting, but if Armorsmiths are in demand, perhaps go for that instead.