Ok newbie question of the week...

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Ok newbie question of the week...

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:39 am

Does Kashyyyk have any resources?
I was trying to update the resource lists last night and found no minerals or gases registering in the survey.

Sorry if this is a little old but I have been away from the game for three-ish years and the planet didn't exist whenI last played.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Ok newbie question of the week...

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 am

Kashyyyk has resources, yes. You cannot put down harvies there though, and neither at Mustafar. Hand sampling. You cannot send out survey droids for neither Kashyyyk nor Mustafar, but they are visible in the 30k Vet Resource Crate which we tend to use as a sample tool rather than pop it.

Many, if not all, of the Mustafar and Kashyyyk resources are special and you can find them in the XML file at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles

/Z

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:02 am

Hmm well I hit the survey button several times and no minerals came up to allow surveying or hand sampling.

I wasn't sure whether my survey tools were bugged or whether there was just no minerals to survey.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:52 am

I have not surveyed a lot at Kashyyyk. It turns out there are no named minerals at Kashyyyk, hence there can be times where there is none present, but it sounds odd and I hope others chime in.

Kashyyyk has named organics of all kinds and kashyyykian fiber plast.

Mustafar has some named mustafarian minerals and a lot of other stuff.

/Z

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Ok, so when it's my turn for the noob question of the week, I want to know what the deal is with Artisan Terminal Missions. They give you a difficulty rating and a resource, but don't tell you much else. Are you supposed to bring a sample back? Because I'd read in the SWG forums that you just have to find the right percentage and boom, you're done, but I'd already tried that. On one mission I'd found a higher percentage even than was necessary and that was the required distance away, and still got no acknowledgement. So what exactly do they want, and how do you confirm that you've done it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:12 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Ok, so when it's my turn for the noob question of the week, I want to know what the deal is with Artisan Terminal Missions. They give you a difficulty rating and a resource, but don't tell you much else. Are you supposed to bring a sample back? Because I'd read in the SWG forums that you just have to find the right percentage and boom, you're done, but I'd already tried that. On one mission I'd found a higher percentage even than was necessary and that was the required distance away, and still got no acknowledgement. So what exactly do they want, and how do you confirm that you've done it.
You bring up very old memories and I have not tested out in a long time since they IMHO was really, really lame and not worth the XP and regular delivery missions gave quicker credits I did them. However, I believe you have to both find a concentration and at a distance of 1000+ meters from the start.
/Zimoon

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:20 am

wrackspurt wrote:Ok, so when it's my turn for the noob question of the week, I want to know what the deal is with Artisan Terminal Missions. They give you a difficulty rating and a resource, but don't tell you much else. Are you supposed to bring a sample back? Because I'd read in the SWG forums that you just have to find the right percentage and boom, you're done, but I'd already tried that. On one mission I'd found a higher percentage even than was necessary and that was the required distance away, and still got no acknowledgement. So what exactly do they want, and how do you confirm that you've done it.

The survey missions just pay the cash price for the said mission, these are a good way for a newish trader to earn a few creds but there are a couple of tricks you need to be aware of. Firstly only take survey missions where there are 2 artisan terminals within 1000m-1500m of each other, terminal A for example in Bestine, terminal B in xxxxxxx city 1500m to the south of Bestine. You survey what is available in Bestine and at the city to the south of it, once you know what is available you then take the mission types for them at the other terminal. So say there is a 80% gas spawn at terminal A and a 75% metal spawn at terminal B, you take gas missions from terminal B and metal missions from terminal A. Remember to take two missions from each and then keep going back and forth between them, whilst driving back and forth between them you can then grind craft, granted it isn't a lot you can do but you are getting paid for doing it:)

Approx 20k credits an hour can be earned doing this, plus then the extra level or two grinded whilst driving, bear in mind though this is only really for low level traders who need a few creds to get them started. A go with the flow buff would help increase the credits earned per hour should someone need to pull 20k plus in a short time.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Laidbacca wrote:
The survey missions just pay the cash price for the said mission, these are a good way for a newish trader to earn a few creds but there are a couple of tricks you need to be aware of. Firstly only take survey missions where there are 2 artisan terminals within 1000m-1500m of each other, terminal A for example in Bestine, terminal B in xxxxxxx city 1500m to the south of Bestine. You survey what is available in Bestine and at the city to the south of it, once you know what is available you then take the mission types for them at the other terminal. So say there is a 80% gas spawn at terminal A and a 75% metal spawn at terminal B, you take gas missions from terminal B and metal missions from terminal A. Remember to take two missions from each and then keep going back and forth between them, whilst driving back and forth between them you can then grind craft, granted it isn't a lot you can do but you are getting paid for doing it:)

Approx 20k credits an hour can be earned doing this, plus then the extra level or two grinded whilst driving, bear in mind though this is only really for low level traders who need a few creds to get them started. A go with the flow buff would help increase the credits earned per hour should someone need to pull 20k plus in a short time.
Norty you. How come I never thought of this idea? You beat me up insanely on this one 8)

Great suggestion.

/Zimoon