New trader here and I have a couple of questions.

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Wasahi
Novice Crafter

New trader here and I have a couple of questions.

Post by Wasahi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi there, just thought I'd introduce myself. I am a true newbie and I have been playing SWG for the first time for about a month now. I have read the beggining traders guide, as well as a few others relavent to my particular profession. My main questions after reading the FAQ are:

What is a SEA and what is a PUP? I don't recall seeing a definition for these acronyms in the guide.

I sort of chose being a structures trader by happenstance. After getting my ship shot up on my spy and blissfully landing without repairing or knowing about /escapepod yes, I was in serious need of some repair kits. Not seeing any beeing sold in the bazaar of Mos Eisley. I decided to make a shipwright to rectify that little problem <chuckles>. And so I got my start.

There is certainly alot to learn, I've been trying to grind as I mine the resources I need for grinding, while keeping an eye out for quality resources I'll need when I come into my own as a master shipwright. Currently I'm stalled at 59, as I have all the harvesters I managed to procur working on resources Ill need later on. So many things to mine currently its hard to choose which, so grind grade resources are definitely on the back burner. I started out making my own harvesters, until I realized what poor quality they were, and have since tried to procur better ones as I earn the credits.

I don't think I chose an easy road being a shipwright and there seems to be alot of established shipwrights already on my server, but I also plan on being a pilot and I cant think of a better way to support my piloting career. I am very much enjoying the game and the trader profession so far. and luckily it seems architect is a prime way to start learning the crafting ropes.

A couple more questions I have of unrelated topics:

What kits can be used to repair vehicles? I tried searching the bazaar but did not seem to find a category specific to vehicle repairs.

Also is it considered rude to craft at another player's private crafting station? I have 15 quality tools, but haven't priced the stations yet. I'm guessing the best quality are realy pricey.

Thanks for listening,
Wasahi Eemon of Ahazi

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: New trader here and I have a couple of questions.

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Wasahi wrote:Hi there, just thought I'd introduce myself. I am a true newbie and I have been playing SWG for the first time for about a month now. I have read the beggining traders guide, as well as a few others relavent to my particular profession. My main questions after reading the FAQ are:

What is a SEA and what is a PUP? I don't recall seeing a definition for these acronyms in the guide.

SEA = Skill Enhancing Attachment, a permanent buff added to a free socket on a wearable item
PUP = Power-UP, 30 munute buff added to certain wearable items don't need a socket
See
Reverse Enginnering 101

I sort of chose being a structures trader by happenstance. After getting my ship shot up on my spy and blissfully landing without repairing or knowing about /escapepod yes, I was in serious need of some repair kits. Not seeing any beeing sold in the bazaar of Mos Eisley. I decided to make a shipwright to rectify that little problem <chuckles>. And so I got my start.

LOL, sounds like a rocky start, indeed.

There is certainly alot to learn, I've been trying to grind as I mine the resources I need for grinding, while keeping an eye out for quality resources I'll need when I come into my own as a master shipwright. Currently I'm stalled at 59, as I have all the harvesters I managed to procur working on resources Ill need later on. So many things to mine currently its hard to choose which, so grind grade resources are definitely on the back burner. I started out making my own harvesters, until I realized what poor quality they were, and have since tried to procur better ones as I earn the credits.

I don't think I chose an easy road being a shipwright and there seems to be alot of established shipwrights already on my server, but I also plan on being a pilot and I cant think of a better way to support my piloting career. I am very much enjoying the game and the trader profession so far. and luckily it seems architect is a prime way to start learning the crafting ropes.

Shipwright is actually one of those crafting professions where you more or less must be a master to do the great stuff :( Architect has a better ride!

A couple more questions I have of unrelated topics:

What kits can be used to repair vehicles? I tried searching the bazaar but did not seem to find a category specific to vehicle repairs.

Only a few vehicles actually need repair kits, all the others you bring out when in the vicinity of a Parking Garage, crafted by Architects or found in player cities, as well as in many bigger NPC cities. However, Engineers (Master Artisan) makes a Vehicle Restoration Kit from 750 + 750 of some space resources, hence costly and sometimes found on some vendors, never at the Bazaar as such. Tools I believe.

As you love Pilot, do the quest line starting with Harrison in Kachiro, Kashyyyk, to get the mining equipment and read the mining FAQs in some Pilot forum. It was a while since I did it but it was fun. For a while. But tricky to use the tractor beam.

Also is it considered rude to craft at another player's private crafting station?

Not really, if s/he has the house public, why? And if s/he shows up, why not just start chatting and ask if it's OK? I would be surprised if you get a "no".

I have 15 quality tools, but haven't priced the stations yet. I'm guessing the best quality are realy pricey.

Always have a look at the Vendor Location search at the Bazaar to browse prices ;)

Thanks for listening,
Wasahi Eemon of Ahazi
Replies in red

Welcome around :D

/Zimoon

Wasahi
Novice Crafter

Post by Wasahi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:26 pm

I'll have to check out that mining equipment quest. Thanks for the welcome and the feedback.

Wasahi

Lanfear
Novice Crafter

Post by Lanfear » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:10 am

Welcome both to this site and also welcome to the world of SWG crafting, IMO still the best Crafting system in any MMO. :)

Wasahi
Novice Crafter

Post by Wasahi » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:25 am

Hmm I once knew a Lanfear, from DAOC on Hib/Nimue. Probably not the same one since the name does come from a series of books, but I figured I ask anyway, you never know...

Wasahi

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:47 am

Welcome to SWG and SWGCraft. :D
SEA = a large body of water
PUP = a young dog
Sorry, just kidding :lol:

Z, as usual, did a surperb job answering your questions. I would just add that I would invite anyone who wished to use my crafting stations. I will admit that people like Z and I, and others on this forum, are at the far end of the "helpful" scale. There might be some at the other end of the scale, who might object to you using their crafting stations. I would completely disagree with their sentiments, but I suppose people like that do exist. :roll:

Lanfear
Novice Crafter

Post by Lanfear » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:29 am

Wasahi wrote:Hmm I once knew a Lanfear, from DAOC on Hib/Nimue. Probably not the same one since the name does come from a series of books, but I figured I ask anyway, you never know...

Wasahi
Im afraid it wasnt me you knew, im just a really huge Fan of "The wheel of time" series.

Lanfear

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Wasahi wrote:Also is it considered rude to craft at another player's private crafting station?
It's not rude. But maybe the owner would like to know that you enjoy it.
You could snd a gmail with a short message (if the owner is offline)

best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Belisama wrote:
Wasahi wrote:Also is it considered rude to craft at another player's private crafting station?
It's not rude. But maybe the owner would like to know that you enjoy it.
You could snd a gmail with a short message (if the owner is offline)
*Nods* Before I got my 'craft anywhere' droid I would always send the owner a thank you mail if I needed to use their station :)
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity