Crafting Stats

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Crafting Stats

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:11 am

I was recently looking around and saw that stats sometimes affect things that you wouldn't normally think based on the in-game descriptions. Thinks like Precision helping Jedi's who have almost no ranged combat because it helps with strikethrough or block chance or some random things like that....

Do any stats other than Luck affect the crafting process? Or is it just as simple as your assembly/experimentation, luck, station/tool and resources?
Okopte Jagerman - Structure Trader

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Crafting Stats

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:25 am

I've heard a rumor that precision may help a crafter but no actual proof. Personally, I'm figuring that for crafting I might as well make a luck/precision suit just in case (with experimentation on shirt, breastplate and weapon), and well, as I am working on REing my own bits, it's not like I have to drop 35 million for a suit or anything.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:26 am

In all games rumors are floating around like weed in the sea, and normally, as soon as they land upon a beach for inspection they stink equally bad.

However, to get my back free ;)
Games are made up by software made by humans. That makes for bugs to enter the arena, nasty bugs, hard to find, and not there when you look for them. Software engineers often call them Heisenbugs (go figure why ;)). So, of course some odd stat may erratically influence something it was not intended to. That said ...

One thing speaking against this rumor is the two so disparate game systems, what does the crafting system have in union with the ranged combat system? Luck should be the only factor I know of. Is there any reason at all to believe the engineer was fiddling with both crafting, the experimenting system to be exact, and combat at the time Precisions was dealt with in the ranged combat system? What is the odds for that?

I can imagine some genius of a crafter thinking, "heh, it takes a lot of precision to get these two droid modules together, wonder if ..." (replace droid modules with any item you may think of). And, loo and behold, the first and only attempt done to see what happens he got an amazing, and after that he has always worn Precision up over his teeth.

So, why not Strength? Think of all the walls and heavy modules Structure Traders must carry around while crafting a house or a huge POB or whatever. Shouldn't Strength be great?

I touched superstitious thinking, did I not? That is a powerful force in life, but a strong belief is not right just because it seems to work, looked upon from a certain angle. It must be possible to prove it. or at least hold for true from many points of view and not just from "my view".

As you surely have understood by now, no, I don't think Precision has any impact whatsoever. But, I have said it before, prove it and I will reconsider. Stats is the most often used instrument in a game. Repeat a few hundred times with Precision, then another series exactly the same way but without Precision. Tedious? You bet ;)

/Zimoon

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:57 am

Oh, I agree 100% Zimoon, but well pricepoint wise, it really costs me no more the make a luck/pre suit than it does to make just a luck suit. Now if I were having to purchase the suit, and there was a large change in price, I'd most likely go the cheap route.