Harvester Calculations

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Harvester Calculations

Post by Zimoon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:28 pm

Rommel wrote:That was it.

I just need to reorganize all the calculator functions now so everything is clearer.

A calculator would be a nice feature for SWGAide, I think I'll have to go make a detailed post over there :P
I think it was in the pipe line, the devs have just not got time for it yet I guess.

/Z

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:42 am

Zimoon wrote:I think I have a clue to the 16000/11 though. That is quite close to 24*60 which is the number of minutes a day. I am still curious why this number and not 24*60 is better? Should the servers run on some peculiar "galaxy time"?
/Zimoon
I think you are right. I think it IS 1440 actually. So, the KG rate is the production per minute then.

Actually, the value 16000/11 was something I calculated myself from watching the harvester runtime and output. But as you said, the solution of 1440 makes much more sense. I think the gap between those came from irritations in my watching process. Maybe the server was down in that period or something.

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:39 am

No worries :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Yes, each server reset adds about 30 - 45 minutes. The server are gone longer from publicity but I guess the actual timer in their software is off for only the reboot time. Then there is some internal integrity checks before open up for players again. But since there are only 3 server resets a week it ain't much to worry about.

The resets have more impact on some long time cycles then, such as the Bestine Museum paintings, they are at a 28 days cycle but since there is 3 resets a week, every now and then there is another day added. Same thing for the Bestine Election which is on a 16-weeks cycle.

I have updated the formulas in the beginners guide and added examples.

I was also wrong in a sense, or at least unclear. SOE has the taste for adding percentages as if it is plus and minus rather than multiplication (which is should be). So, Laidbacca is right, the Expertize and the Entertainer bonuses must be added together before computed with the reset. But it looks as if the 50% is added by itself before the bonuses. I will check that more closely soonish.

/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:16 am

There is a thread in the SWG/SOE forum discussing whether the Harvest Faire buffs is really working or not.

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Yeah I saw that, I will do some test later after I complete the contracts I'm on.