Subject: Collections XP Rewards--not just for combat profs!

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Subject: Collections XP Rewards--not just for combat profs!

Post by Onyx » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:41 pm

(Reposted from the official forums http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=593402. )

Collections which state that you will receive "A small/medium/large amount of XP" as part of the reward for completion aren't just for combat players! The XP is granted to you regardless of your profession. That's right, crafters and entertainers can partake of these as well. The actual amount of XP awarded is dependent on your profession.

One simple collection, which grants a medium amount of XP, is the Dust Durni collection (http://www.swghuntersguild.com/Codex/Co ... aspx?c=144) that can be completed without any combat on the new Nova Orion space station.

Another XP-granting collection is the Datapad Collection (http://www.swghuntersguild.com/Codex/Co ... .aspx?c=54)--which is the 2nd part of the three collections started with the "Tatooine Collector" in Mos Eisley. (That is the collector the chapter 7 publish reward took you to.) You can do that quests even if you didn't get C3P0's Comlink publish reward from Chapter 7--you just don't get the reward paintings but you do get the badge and XP. The second part has you kill three different types of very low-level NPCs just outside the city and grants small amount of XP. Note that crafters and entertainers don't get the XP from killing the NPCs, but do receive the reward XP once the collection is completed.

This offers crafters and entertainers a little relief on how they can gain experience--and can provide some diversion as well. Not all collections grant XP, but those that do can give you a boost and get you out of the cantina/shop for a while.

Kudos to Zimoon for discovering that the initial collection gave XP:)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Subject: Collections XP Rewards--not just for combat profs!

Post by kelsaka » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:10 pm

That's a great news, especially as I might have a new trader born next week (I'm torn between Architect and Smuggler).
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:58 am

Before you go smuggler, just a bit of advice, invest in a heavy duty cup. Don't get me wrong, I love playing my smuggler, but as for adding anything to a group, we definitely take the multiplayer out of MMORPG. And so far as I can tell, "giving something to the smugglers" means we're getting another junk kicking.

Sad thing is I have more fun playing my poor little gimped smuggler more than my commando.

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Yeah, I've spent quite a bit of time browsing the Smuggler forums over the last few days.

I'm thinking I'll respec Mai from Engineer to Structures and make my newbie an Engineer. With the new decorating commands I've had a fun idea for a shop :D
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:30 pm

You might leave your engineer as such and run your nubie up the structures ladder. I didn't mind the leveling of my engineer too much, making swoops, and seeing the return on investment, but experimenting them all up one swoop at a time cause some serious cramping issues. You could make the archi run just making structure modules, into walls then houses, factories, and have a bunch left over for when you top out and can cook up elite harvesters. Sure the leveling may be a little slower (more combines) but at least you're actually making something rather than just "grinding"

I understand you don't need any elites for yourself but there is still a fairly brisk trade in elites, if you price yourself competitively.