Experimentation Caps

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Experimentation Caps

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:29 pm

I read the part in the Beginners Guide to Crafting about experimentation, and saw that (ignoring the shipwright pieces that allow more) there is a cap on experimentation points of 13.

Is there also a cap on Experimentation Skill mod (again, ignore those shipwright pieces that exceed the norm)?
100 base experimentation,
+10 from expertise
+24 from Clothing, Armor, and Weapon SEA's

This would give +134 (divide by 10, round down, to get the number of experimentation points)
Ignoring the Bespin Port and Research Center for now.. would power ups help?

Assuming 149 RE skill and a +35 power bit, you could get a +experimentation power up of 26
((35*2) / 4) * (149/100) = 26.075

3 of these (weapon, clothing, and armor pups) would give another +78, bringing your experimentation skill mod to +212.

Is that breaking the cap?
Okopte Jagerman - Structure Trader

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Experimentation Caps

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:38 pm

No, to our knowledge there is no such cap. Actually, all seasoned and capped masters experiment in Research Cities and drink so much Bespin Ports that would send them straight to AA, just to get as much Experimentation as possible.

The higher Experimentation skill the higher probability for Amazings. Plus, the higher the Luck the higher probability for Critical Success, which also has +8.05. But Experimentation has precedence when you choose.

/Zimoon

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Interesting... Time to recruit my RE'ing guild members to make a full set of shipwright experimentation suits and pups for me. :twisted:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Remember that PUPs cannot take Experimentation skills, only Breastplate, Shirt, and Weapon Skill Enhancing Attachments.

/Z

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:33 pm

SpaceyDaFrog wrote:I read the part in the Beginners Guide to Crafting about experimentation, and saw that (ignoring the shipwright pieces that allow more) there is a cap on experimentation points of 13.

Is there also a cap on Experimentation Skill mod (again, ignore those shipwright pieces that exceed the norm)?
100 base experimentation,
+10 from expertise
+24 from Clothing, Armor, and Weapon SEA's

This would give +134 (divide by 10, round down, to get the number of experimentation points)
Ignoring the Bespin Port and Research Center for now.. would power ups help?

Assuming 149 RE skill and a +35 power bit, you could get a +experimentation power up of 26
((35*2) / 4) * (149/100) = 26.075

3 of these (weapon, clothing, and armor pups) would give another +78, bringing your experimentation skill mod to +212.

Is that breaking the cap?
Unfortunatly it is not just a matter of add up your experimentation skill and divide by 10 to get your experimentation points. This is what it is:

10 Experimentation Points from base skill (except those Shipwright Skills that give 15)
1 Experimentation Point for Expertise
2 Possible Experimentation Points from Skill Enhancing Attachments.

There are old Pre-NGE SEAs that will stack with the new SEAs made by REing. Combining them, it is possible to get some very high skills in Experimentation. However, +2 Experimentation Points is all you can ever get from SEAs.

Pre-NGE we were told there was a cap on SEAs of +25 Skill (all skills, not just Experimentation). Obviously with the new REed SEAs that is no longer the case, lots of skills go way over +25. So a lot of people believe there is no cap to Experimentation Skill any more either. The only cap would be how many Experimentation Points you can gain from that Experimentation Skill.

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:46 pm

Zimoon wrote:Remember that PUPs cannot take Experimentation skills, only Breastplate, Shirt, and Weapon Skill Enhancing Attachments.

/Z
Doh! I don't remember reading that part. Well that spoils my fun. LOL

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:47 am

SpaceyDaFrog wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Remember that PUPs cannot take Experimentation skills, only Breastplate, Shirt, and Weapon Skill Enhancing Attachments.
Doh! I don't remember reading that part. Well that spoils my fun. LOL
I haven't read it in any guide either but it is read at the SWG/SOE forums a few times. I specifically asked for a clarification once and the answer is that Experimentation mods are exotics within exotics.
/Z