Initial Collection gives Crafting XP

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Initial Collection gives Crafting XP

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:51 pm

I am leveling another crafting toon the slow way. Once I met Gendra I thought it was close to the starting point of the first collection so I went over and chatted the girl. She was willing to let me do the collection, "nice," I thought, "well, wonder if gives any of the posters?"

I can tell you, they did not, just the first badge, which possibly badge hunters like ;)

But, to my big surprise, I leveled one crafting level at the second part (the kill-3-kinds-of-Tuskens-for-some-data-device-parts). Third part I more carefully read the text and it reads Combat XP. Still, I both got saw the fly over XP along with the Hoo-ti-nii and I got even more XP when I chatted her the last time. I was so surprised I did not take notes on XP so I lack that piece but I will soonish make a crap trader just to check out the details.

While at this topic: It looks as if Gendra is more generous with XP than the quest journal reads. I will check that as well. Unless someone rushes away and do it before I do :P

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Initial Collection gives Crafting XP

Post by Savacc » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Hmmm, wonder if its a bug, or they intended for traders to get XP from the collections? Be interesting to see if Entertainers get XP too?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:15 am

Either way it was not that much, about 500 to 1000 XP I think. so in the end of the day ... I wouldn't bother telling the Devs ;)

/Z

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Savacc wrote:Hmmm, wonder if its a bug, or they intended for traders to get XP from the collections? Be interesting to see if Entertainers get XP too?

I did some more testing and it's not just the initial that gives it. Any collection that says it gives "A small/medium/large amount of XP" grants that XP to you no matter what profession you are.

Before I posted the findings, I asked the devs if it was "working as intended" (and then said if it wasn't, please don't fix lol), and the reply was that it is indeed working as designed. :)

In fact, they said the amount of XP you get depends on your profession--which explains why it doesn't actually specify how much it grants. The amount a combat player receives is different from how much a crafter or an entertainer would receive.

I posted a note about it in the Gameplay Discussion on the official forums, I'll repost it here in this forum too :)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Great Onyx,

I must admit it isn't every day little Zimoon, and his in-game relatives, finds something undiscovered in this game :D

/Zimoon