alternate craft list

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

alternate craft list

Post by Ibaum » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:41 pm

This thread has two purposes, one specific and one general.

In general, is there a list anywhere of alternates for each project? For instance, if you craft a fountain, you can actually make a normal fountain, a rectangular fountain, a circular fountain, a heroic fountain, a contemplative fountain, or a square or round brazier. I'm assuming there are more builds like that, I was curious if any of them are catalogued anywhere.

Specifically, on Starsider (though that is only for vendor/bazaar search purposes) there is a type of table I would like to build called "Table." There is only one person selling them for 500k each, and when I went to his shop he had dozens of them set up in his home. They are white, and look like they should "attach" to a wall with one part vertical and then another set horizontal to that. It looks more like a cubicle desk than anything else. Does anyone know how to craft these? When I try "Table" it only allows me to build a round glass-top table. Any ideas?

And while I'm asking questions, how do these interplanetary probe droids work? What type of droid are they, what do they do, etc?

And I suppose one more... I've heard that there are some things that can only be made with the help of a droid. Is this true? If so, can someone briefly explain what type, etc?

Thanks,

/Ibaum

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: alternate craft list

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:14 pm

Actually I think the only "multi choices" in crafting is fountains and gardens in the Archie zoo of schematics. I may be wrong though ;)

For the stuff you are looking at, can you find the image at http://crazydurni.com/portal/index.php? ... &Itemid=28 which is s great site with many cool images of stuff we can craft and we wish we can craft.

/Zimoon

Tyfo
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tyfo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:18 pm

What about statues, lamp posts, so on?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:22 am

Statues, Fountains and Streetlamps are the three I know of that have multiple options in the same schematic. The Gardens are all seperate as far as I know.

It is a possibility that the "table" you are talking about is a factional schematic, in which case most architects will not have them, and 500k is not an outrageus price.

Do Probe droids still work? Used to be, BH used them to track the "marks" from the BH mission terminals. I dont know how that works anymore.

You dont need a droid to craft anything that I am aware of. However, a droid can be crafted with "crafting station modules" in them that allow them to become mobile crafting stations. So you could use a droid instead of a crafting station in one of the many schematics that require a crafting station (or droid with the crafting station module)

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 am

Savacc wrote:Do Probe droids still work? Used to be, BH used them to track the "marks" from the BH mission terminals. I dont know how that works anymore.
I think the OP was referring to Interplanetary Survey Droids.

They're their own kind of droid, and even appear in their own category in the Droid Engineer's list. Basically, they return a list of resources (name and type, no stats). You doubleclick one to use (or fire it off the toolbar), select a planet to survey, and select a survey tool to use. Some time later you'll get an email with the resources available on that planet.

You can only survey the original ten planets with them, and the survey tool you use is consumed/destroyed in the process (so don't use the old Village "Inorganic Survey Tool" - you won't get it back).

Bala
Resource Co-Ordinator

Post by Bala » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:27 am

Ibaum wrote:This thread has two purposes, one specific and one general.
Specifically, on Starsider (though that is only for vendor/bazaar search purposes) there is a type of table I would like to build called "Table." There is only one person selling them for 500k each, and when I went to his shop he had dozens of them set up in his home. They are white, and look like they should "attach" to a wall with one part vertical and then another set horizontal to that. It looks more like a cubicle desk than anything else. Does anyone know how to craft these? When I try "Table" it only allows me to build a round glass-top table. Any ideas?
Your description sounds like the Imperial Faction Table. You would have to get a schematic from an Imperial recruiter using Imperial Faction Points.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:24 am

Ibaum wrote:And while I'm asking questions, how do these interplanetary probe droids work? What type of droid are they, what do they do, etc?

And I suppose one more... I've heard that there are some things that can only be made with the help of a droid. Is this true? If so, can someone briefly explain what type, etc?
Holden's description of Interplanetary Survey Droids is accurate. You buy these consumable droids in crates. Their two statistics while crafted control the amount of charges/uses to the droid, while the other control the time for the report to return. The survey tools can be manufactured using recycled resources which makes them extremely cheap.

While it doesn't sound much to get a plain report back that only lists all spawning resources it is a great help to figure out what is new and what is depleted. Only those, the new and the gone, must then be dealt with: travel to your idling harvester, or sample the new resources for their stats and update SWGCraft :)

The other droid you speak about, one that helps you crafting, the only option I can think of is if you mean a personal droid equipped with crafting station modules, which then acts as a personal crafting station out in the wild. Many droids can be equipped with one or several crafting station modules, one module each type of crafting station. Bring out your droid in the middle of a wood, a desert, or wherever and you have a personal crafting stations.

All this and more is described in the Beginners Guide for Traders.

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Zimoon wrote:While it doesn't sound much to get a plain report back that only lists all spawning resources it is a great help to figure out what is new and what is depleted. Only those, the new and the gone, must then be dealt with: travel to your idling harvester, or sample the new resources for their stats and update SWGCraft :)
Or check the stats of the new resource at a 30k-resource deed ;)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Thank you all for responding. You've been really helpful (as has the whole site).

/Ibaum
/Ibaum