experimenting on generic tools

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

experimenting on generic tools

Post by gelgamesh » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:28 am

has anyone figured out how to experiment on crafted generic tools?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: experimenting on generic tools

Post by Savacc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:13 am

yes :wink:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:22 am

The generic crafting tool isn't supposed to be experimented on but we should use the elite tools. But I know Savacc found a loophole somehow :P

/Z

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Good Answer! :?

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:17 pm

There really isn't a reason to go with the work around to experiment using a generic. If it is the tool given to you at the beginning, it has a rating of 0.0, so even with it's slight bonus, it doesn't match a 15.0 rated tool. And if you're making a 15.0 rated tool, you might as well make a profession specific crafting tool anyway.

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:58 pm

I suppose i'm barking up the wrong tree. Just wanting something to impress my fellow jedi guildies with. So, where should i send them to get Top of the Line Lightsaber Crafting Tool?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:38 am

Im just rattling your cage a bit Gelgamesh, sorry couldn't resist when I saw it was you asking the question. :lol:

To experiment on a Generic Crafting Tool, you must stand in front of a Weapons/Droid/Gen Crafting Station and open a Generic Tool. Start to make a Generic Crafting Tool but stop at the "add resources" screen. Leave that window up. Now click on the W/D/G Crafting Station and select "examine". Leave that examine window up. Go back to the Generic Crafting Tool and proceed normally. You should now get the option to experiment. And that's how it's done folks. :wink:

I posted this last year on the SOE forums and the entire thread got deleted. So they must consider it an exploit. I didnt get any PM or explanation of any kind, but thats to be expected over there. The mods here are much nicer and more professional. :roll:

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:30 am

gelgamesh wrote:So, where should i send them to get Top of the Line Lightsaber Crafting Tool?
To a Jedi with at least 10 points of lightsaber experimentation and some 1000CD metal.

You use a Weapon, Droid, and General Item Crafting Tool at a Weapon, Droid, and General Item Crafting Station and experiment it to max. Nothing special involved.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:57 am

And as always, Research Center and Bespine Port. The Assembly line is also great since it is that one that sets the foundation onto which experimentation adds to.

/Z

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks Savacc! I knew you would pull thru for me.
Holden, Are you telling me that the Lightsaber Tool IS the WDG tool?
and Zim, Can you elaborate on the Assembly line or point me to the thread that gets me more info?
Thanks Guys! :mrgreen:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:17 pm

I don't know how much the cost vs. LightSaber Assembly is worth really, but high Assembly makes the probability for an Amazing or at least a Great the better. Which will make the initial % the better. Pyollian Cakes boost the Assembly.

/Z

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:28 pm

If you are a "master", assembly is not an issue for you. The 100 skill points and 15 from expertise are plenty to get you the desired "great or amazing" results. Remember, in assembly, "great" and "amazing" results are exactly the same. :wink:

I donlt know what Jedi get for assembly. If their assembly skill is low and they aften get less then "great" assembly results, well, that would suck. :cry:

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:34 am

Jedi like assembly for sockets. Given that the high end saber schematics are single use loot drops, making sure you hit that socket the first time is generally somewhere between "essential" and "critical."

Gelgamesh: I'm telling you that you make Lightsaber Crafting Tools with the WDG tool, and that it uses Lightsaber Experimentation. You then turn around and use the Lightsaber Tool at a WDG station. Only Jedi can make the Lightsaber tools, and they need to use 1000CD metal to make +15 tools since Jedi don't receive the 4% resource expertise.

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:35 am

Thanks savacc,
Worked like a charm, I just can't believe that the manu schematic won't show up When i go to put it in the Factory!!! Bah, foiled again! :lol:

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:14 am

gelgamesh wrote:Thanks savacc,
Worked like a charm, I just can't believe that the manu schematic won't show up When i go to put it in the Factory!!! Bah, foiled again! :lol:
Opps, should have mentioned that they dont work as factory schematics, or at least that is what I have been told. :oops: