finding resourse

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

prea
Novice Crafter

finding resourse

Post by prea » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:33 am

is there some where in the forums that can tell me where a type of resourse spone is

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: finding resourse

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:55 am

nope, sorry :cry:
I once heard of a site where the idea was that SWG players could post waypoints to good resource spawn sites. You had to post a certain number of waypoints per week to gain access to other postings. I suspect it never really got off the ground.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:32 am

That perhaps was MyRES, the tool many of us have been using for 2½ years now. However, the developer's site got hacked at the same time he quit SWG (at NGE I think) and he never restored it. Right, the site never really lifted off ground. I guess people are too greedy wit their great spots to first please themselves and best friends rather then tell the world.

In short, surveying is a mini game in the game, find the good spots when they are there. I love it, others hate it. Those that hate it hires miners for the job. Cooperation is the way to play the Trader as it is almost impossible to do it as the lonely wolf, unless you have unlimited time.

Finally, seeing you are new around Prea, do not resurrect older threads. Not even if they seem to be on the topic you are interested in. We don't want old and outdated things to suddenly bubble up again, sometimes reigniting old disputes but other times confuse newbies with facts that are no longer valid. Consider a thread older than 4 weeks dead and let it rest in peace. Start a "new topic" as the button is named.

/Zimoon

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 pm

A wp posted to a great resource on a busy server would be pointless in a very short space of time, the area around the spawn would be filled with harvs leaving only a minimal % on its outskirts to place any newer harvs. Survey yourself and hunt them down or if your out and about and notice some harvs placed do a quick survey at that spot to see whats being mined and if its any use to you.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:51 pm

I agree and must admit I would ever never submit a WP until I am sure all my buddies know of it first. Exactly as they do for me. That will make for a delay of about two days. I guess all and every Trader that has a number of friends will do the same ;)

/Zimoon

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:28 pm

I remember that resource spawn website, I never ended up using it myself.

In our guild we send resource spawn details to one of the officers who then sends it out as a guildmail. This works out really well for us as we have quite a few people who check for new resources when they log in.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity