Making good credits

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

prea
Novice Crafter

Making good credits

Post by prea » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:19 am

I am a struture crafter and like some guid lines as to what to sell and for how much. I have beed selling a little but not much, i just want a little of the pie to. I guess the mane resone for starting crafter is to have credits and to help others i like doing that and to help myself get mando for my bh that would be very cool, so if you can help let me know thanks Prea.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Making good credits

Post by Savacc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:11 am

Just about everything in Structures sells. For someone new, I recommend you start out making Architect products: Houses, Furniture, Factories, Crafting Stations and Harvesters. The big money in Architect is in the two hardest things to make, Crafting Stations and Harvesters. We discuss how in the Architect Forum FAQ and threads.
Once an Architect has gotten established, they can begin to branch out into Shipwright. It will take a long time to gather all the quality resources needed to compete in Shipwright, so start by making Chassis and Missiles. Then make the other componants as you secure the necessary resources. Structures is a huge profession, but if you are willing to put in the time and effort, success is almost certain. :D

prea
Novice Crafter

Post by prea » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:42 am

cool got any price list for harveys houses thing like that i want to make good cred

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:11 am

prea wrote:cool got any price list for harveys houses thing like that i want to make good cred
I must sadden you with the standard reply: "Browse the market and see what is the prices at your galaxy. Each galaxy has its own prices so it is impossible to tell."

And welcome around :D

/Zimoon

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:47 am

It's worth adding that with chapter 8 coming soon, you may want to be prepared to move quickly on the shipwright side. Stock resources, learn which parts are in demand, etc. There's a lot of information on this at the SOE board in both the Pilot and Trader - Structures forums.

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 pm

prea wrote:I am a struture crafter and like some guid lines as to what to sell and for how much. I have beed selling a little but not much, i just want a little of the pie to. I guess the mane resone for starting crafter is to have credits and to help others i like doing that and to help myself get mando for my bh that would be very cool, so if you can help let me know thanks Prea.
Resources is the single biggest item to sell, the trick to selling them fast is to be realistic with your pricing on them and knowing the wheat from the chaff. Its possible to earn an awful lot of credits from just dealing in resources, the side benefit to that is you don't have to sell all that you harvest as you can set some aside to build up your own resource stockpile for making high end server capped items.

Starting out as any crafter isn't easy, most of us you will find who are making either capped goods or large amounts of credits have been working towards it for several years and its all based on keeping on top of resource spawns/shifts. As Z has said check the server prices for stuff, don't be fooled into thinking either that just because someone is looking for a stupid amount of creds for something that they then sell those things, the best traders will be making stuff and selling it at realistic prices, that guarantees them repeat business which is worth more in the long run that a quick million credits here or there.

A small side note, i have ground out a few structures traders on about 6 servers now. I start out every one the same, i get enough of skills to let me make paint kits/small house deeds, i craft a few and keep the bazaar stocked for several weeks, this gets me both xp and credits. Next phase is about me increasing the size/quality of my harvester fleet, i look for ber13/14 heavys and generally buy the ones that have power and maintenance allready in em, i use these then to start and increase the volumes of resources i can gather. Selling the bulk of the resources and using some to further increase my skills and selling on more small houses etc. Once i am selling about 100-200k of resources a day i then can start to focus more on the grind, i tend to power level the next part here, i have the creds and the resources by now to do this. Once mastered i now hit the dilema of what to sell, first of to compete with established traders is near pointless. They have the in depth resources, the skill tapes and the customer base.
What i do is sell resources, i am currently building up a nice resource reserve on starsider that is aimed at making ship parts there, i only mine what is either sellable or will let me make a capped part. I have a deal with an established trader who will buy my resources in bulk for 3-4 cpu, this benefits me there as A) its not my main server. B) I get rid of all the resources in one go. C) No vendor relistings to do. I login there every 2-4 days and check the harvs, if something is worth mining then i hit it hard, if not then i will static mine if a decent enough % is below the harvs. One other thing, don't be scared to keep selling of the bazaar, you can do a lot of trade by bringing your wares to the market rather than let the market come to you, obviously only sell stuff that can turn you a profit at 20k or under.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:54 pm

prea wrote:cool got any price list for harveys houses thing like that i want to make good cred
Most Architect items seem to go for 3-5 cpu (credits per unit of resource), so add up all the resources it takes you to make something and multiply by 3 for a low price and 5 for a top price. Furniture, because it takes so few resources (compared to houses) often goes for more, say 5-10 cpu.

I would agree with Z though that you should check the Bazaar search for prices on your server. Some servers have big time Architects who do massive factory runs of products and price at only 2 cpu. Other servers have few active architects and prices may go in the 10-20 cpu range.