Harvesting Droids

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Harvesting Droids

Post by Memnoc » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:56 am

I was out using the harvesting droid and in mid way the droid stopped harvesting. I like the extra bonus I get when using the droid but the droid itself worked then froze then I'd have to store it and get it back out again.

And this kept happening over and over. Any idea's when they will fix the droid issue. Plus I'd like to see droids harvest milk its a pain in the azz too follow a creature around to harvest milk ..then it says "your to far away to harvest milk" and your right beside it.

SOE has too really sit down and revamp crafting and new items and repair old stuff including weapon crafting.

But I doubt they will do anything until they have revamped the theme parks and other stuff before crafting gets a look at.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:21 pm

My harvey has the same issues, from what I can tell, the droid tries harvesting before server side determines the creature is dead, which of course it can't, but then it tags the corpse as being already harvested, and voila no harvesting possible. Darned annoying that the SOE servers lose sync with the remote pc.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:25 am

There is that problem. A idea for the harvesting droid would be the chance too take samples. If you could make it take a wood sample then a ore sample or a tuber sample that would be really awesome.

But first they have too fine tune the problems the droid is already having.

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Re: Harvesting Droids

Post by quantanao » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:04 pm

I had the same problem with mine. What i did was making a macro that is doing:

/tellpet follow;
/pause 4;
/macro droid;

I did this because i first thought he is just too far away to notice the killed creature however i'm not sure if that is the real problem for it. Although it is harvesting as intended now :)

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Re: Harvesting Droids

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:47 am

I've noticed the same problem, however, if your droid is older and still has the harvest command programmed, this might work for you. I'm not sure if this works with harvest droids created since the ability to program a command to harvest disappeared on us.

/tellPet "harvest"
/tellPet "follow"
/pause 30;
/macro Harvest

I use this and it keeps the droid harvesting and following me from lair to lair. I spent all day saturday doing the Whisper Bird Butcher collection and finished without ever having my pet quit on me. With random harvest option set, I came away with over 150k each of avian meat and avian bone as well.

Also, the tellpet command is very specific on spacing and capitalization. It has to be done as /tellPet command