How do you craft top quality anything?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Owarr
Novice Crafter

How do you craft top quality anything?

Post by Owarr » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:23 am

I've recently returned to the game and seem to be lost when it comes to crafting. I'm a master structure trader. I've noticed (for example) crafting stations with a 45 functionality rating. I grabbed some resources, not the greatest but very good still, and made my own attempt. After experimentation results of 99% I came out with something like 14.98 FR. How in the world are people making 45's and would the system they're using apply to all crafted item results?

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:48 am

You will not be able to make a 45.0 crafting station, the ones you see were created on a specific server due to a minor tweak/bug that SOE reversed the next day. The best you will be able to make is 44.99992. In order to do so, you will need to find a droid engineer to make you the micro sensor suites, control units and droid storage compartments. These items will need to be capped as well to get the highest qualtify crafting station. FWIW, many people have experimented with crafting stations os the 44. something variety, and found the difference between using the 44. something and a 45.0 to be negligible.

Owarr
Novice Crafter

Post by Owarr » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:05 am

I see. I was under the impression that the optional parts didn't have anything to do with the FR.

Thanks much for the enlightenment. :D

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:03 am

check my FAQ in the architect forum
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=277

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:39 am

TradeMaster wrote:FWIW, many people have experimented with crafting stations os the 44. something variety, and found the difference between using the 44. something and a 45.0 to be negligible.
There has also been a debate on this in the past (and I have lost the collection of links I had, so do not ask). Some guys set up a fairly exhaustive test with crafting tools at different levels in combinations with stations at different levels. Chances of a better outcome increased with a better combo, as expected.

However, they did see that the increase took jumps at certain levels. More precise, they noticed that each 5 the sum of the tool and the station made for (such as sums of 25, 30, 35, etc.) made it for a little bump. That could possibly imply that a 45-station will do more than a negligible result, iff combined with a 15.00 tool, as that would sum up to 60, which is divisible by 5.

Notice though, this is not statistically proven, even though they had a few hundred tests it was not enough. But it makes for a long and hot debate over the possibility of what would happen if ... ;)

/Z

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:50 pm

What could happen: The server shuts down because all of a sudden a crafter gets a super amazing result and that doesn't code! Because you can't have something be a 102/100 quality!

/sarcasm off

I already get a pretty fair consistent amazing results, usually about 1/4 or more often. (Thats with a 15 point tool, 44.999 station, in a research center, with an experiment skill of 136. I am SOOO hoping that I can get a +5 experiment to food when they bring out Origins... I will be the only 14 point chef on the server! or likely be the only 14 point chef).
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:15 pm

Feralmonkey wrote:What could happen: The server shuts down because all of a sudden a crafter gets a super amazing result and that doesn't code! Because you can't have something be a 102/100 quality!

/sarcasm off

I already get a pretty fair consistent amazing results, usually about 1/4 or more often. (Thats with a 15 point tool, 44.999 station, in a research center, with an experiment skill of 136. I am SOOO hoping that I can get a +5 experiment to food when they bring out Origins... I will be the only 14 point chef on the server! or likely be the only 14 point chef).
All it has ever taken is one amazing result, combined with 9 good, to get an experimentation percentage that would exceed your resource quality. The game has always taken that into account and capped your experimental result at the quality of your resources.

I wouldnt hold my breath about your chances of becoming a 14 point chef. You notice they didnt let you combine old style crafter clothing with new style REed bonuses? I was amazed that the expertize bonus stacked with clothing.