Carbonite Steel

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

ralgur
Novice Crafter

Carbonite Steel

Post by ralgur » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:25 pm

I was looking for some of this to make the interplanetary survey droids. I've only been back a couple of weeks. I left back shortly after NGE. Anyway, I searched SWGCraft, the SWGCraft UK site and every planet for Carbonite Steel.

I've not seen any spawn since I've been back, and I check pretty much every day. I may have missed it though. Is it that hard to find now or did I just miss it. I don't cherish the thought of having to manually fly to every planet and search every time I want to see if there was a resource shift.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:42 am

This is the deffinitive work on the subject:
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70
This is the way it works. You are guaranteed one steel to be in spawn on your server, plus the two "JTL steels". Lunariel identified this as the "minimum pool". Once these minimums are met, addditional resources can spawn from the "random pool". The random pool seems to be weighted towards the big three minerals: steel, alluminum and copper. You will see between two to five additional resources of each of these big three. (polymir and liquid petro seem to follow the same priority) On average, about four steels are in spawn at any given time.
There are ten different types of steel, of which Carbonite is one. (plus the two JTL steels). Mineral spawns average ten days before spawning something new.
So on average, Carbonite Steel should spawn once every two weeks.