Somewhat New to Crafting and Harvesters

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Locked
Alrynth
Novice Crafter
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:49 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Somewhat New to Crafting and Harvesters

Post by Alrynth » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:54 am

I just returned to the game within the last week after almost a year hiatus. My crafter is at level 47 right now due to grinding on "cheap" resources and items.

I am curious about harvesters. I know that each harvester placed takes up 1 lot. Does it take 1 lot again when you need to move each harvester due to resources shifting with time? I know that if you use the Destroy command that it will redeed if you have enough maintence in the structure, but is that the only way to move them?
Alrynth ~ Level 50 Jedi
Kalaan ~ Level 47 Structure Crafter
Server: Ahazi

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Colorado

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:27 am

the only way to move a harvester is to pack it up, which you would do using the "destroy" command. It's a bit of a misnomer, but there you have it.

Avi
Novice Crafter
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:03 am
Location: USA

Post by Avi » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:43 am

their are also elite harvesters now, which look the same take up the same physical space i guess if its actually space but take up 3 lots, they also instead of max BER being like 13 they are like 44 and work better for the buck vs space and so on
Avi, Elder Tailor
Vendors Located Lok, Sanitarium
4044, -983,

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:24 am

TradeMaster wrote:the only way to move a harvester is to pack it up, which you would do using the "destroy" command. It's a bit of a misnomer, but there you have it.
Just see to it you have enough maintenance credits remaining in the harvie and you will be fine. The text should read in green color. I believe you actually have to have the old numbers for redeeding harvesters remaining in it but it will only withdraw the new smaller amount.

/Z

User avatar
balazsk
Novice Crafter
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:57 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Artisan missions

Post by balazsk » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:42 am

Hey there crafters, I have a question to the more experienced. I checked out one of the artisan mission terminals, where I guess the available missions reflect the player's experience level. Anyhow, I took a resource gathering mission, but I didn't really understand the "efficiency" criterion. Does that refer to the resource pocket's concentration, one of the qualities of the resource type or something competely different?
Also, since it requires the specified resource to be collected at least 1024 meters (in this case) from the mission giver (I assume this is the terminal), is it possible to lay my hands on some sort of transport? I mean, I can run around surveying, but to cover that kind of distance on foot is time-consuming and, no to mention, sometimes dangerous.
Anybody have a clue on these?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 am

Firstly, I do not recommend the Artisan mission as they are not only lousy and not at all fun (unless SOE has completely changed them), they don't give much credits either.

You must find a resource concentration above a certain level, as you thought. That are the numbers read at the map of the survey tool. If you are completely new to surveying, this is probably the only good thing to these missions, to learn how to find a good concentration ;)

As a Trader you should have started out, once you landed in Mos Eisley at Tatooione, with talking to Gendra. One of his options is to give you a vehicle, a slow and clumsy one, but yet functional. It is also possible to survey while riding the vehicle, or a pet if you own one.

Finally, it looks as if you should benefit from reading Beginners Guide for Traders. Even though I haven't updated it in a while, the basics are the same.

/Z

User avatar
balazsk
Novice Crafter
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:57 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Post by balazsk » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:04 am

Zimoon wrote:Firstly, I do not recommend the Artisan mission as they are not only lousy and not at all fun (unless SOE has completely changed them), they don't give much credits either.
Agreed. :)
Zimoon wrote:You must find a resource concentration above a certain level, as you thought. That are the numbers read at the map of the survey tool. If you are completely new to surveying, this is probably the only good thing to these missions, to learn how to find a good concentration ;)
I knew that already, but thanks for the affirmation, I suspected that'd be the only gain from these missions.
Zimoon wrote:As a Trader you should have started out, once you landed in Mos Eisley at Tatooione, with talking to Gendra. One of his options is to give you a vehicle, a slow and clumsy one, but yet functional. It is also possible to survey while riding the vehicle, or a pet if you own one.
I recall that, but as I said before in the discussion on swgcraft.com, there doesn't seem to be an option for that now. I may have to chack again with Gendra.
Zimoon wrote:Finally, it looks as if you should benefit from reading Beginners Guide for Traders. Even though I haven't updated it in a while, the basics are the same.

/Z
Done that, it's my new Bible. :D Thanks for the help!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:29 pm

For Gendra, have you completed all the other quests? I think, but am not sure, that you are in the midst of a quest arch the option may be gone until you have done them all.
/Z

User avatar
balazsk
Novice Crafter
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:57 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Post by balazsk » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:31 pm

Okay, that may be it. I've finished the quests, so I'll try again with him now.
Good to be in the same timezone... :)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests