SWG Sales Tracker program

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

SWG Sales Tracker program

Post by Rackle » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:50 pm

I wrote this in VB5 to keep track of everything I sell. It's a one file executable, is not a "mod", and runs completely independent of SWG. It works by monitoring the Windows clipboard, and then records the important information. Buyer..vendor name...item..price...date recorded...etc...

Once you've done that, you can open the text file in Excel, and sort by whatever column you want to study.

I've been working on it on and off for a little over a month (It's a simple program, I'm just not an experienced programmer). I had one big bug that kept preventing it from working, but I changed around some code and over the past couple weeks it has worked flawlessly for me.

If anyone would like to try it out, and give me some feedback on how to improve it, or expand it's functionality, please feel free to download it from my website...

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Another Sales Tracking Program is The Merchant's Friend.

Back when I was active, I used this program (Although it had some flaws such as crashes), but it never gets updated anymore. Should still work unless SOE ever changed vendor mails.

http://www.geocities.com/illiya_darklight/

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:03 pm

Sobuno wrote:Another Sales Tracking Program is The Merchant's Friend.

Back when I was active, I used this program (Although it had some flaws such as crashes), but it never gets updated anymore. Should still work unless SOE ever changed vendor mails.

It still works great. The crashes occur when you have some corrupt mail in the folder, I tend to move the recent mails (newer than when MF did not crash) and then move back them 10 at a time until MF crashes, then I have only 10 mails to browse through. Often it is one of the header lines that is corrupt somehow. Correct it or delete the mail.

Stobbart
Novice Crafter

Post by Stobbart » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:37 pm

Sobuno wrote:Another Sales Tracking Program is The Merchant's Friend.

I love this little program, no problems so far. However is there by any chance a program that will allow me to open all mail? Not just vendor? Would really help alot too store orders etc.
Starting up on TCPrime now.