Resource Storage

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Resource Storage

Post by Nautillus » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:56 pm

For my example I have created unique storage boxes each for Grind Steel, Iron, Copper, etc. on one side of the room then HQ Steel, Iron, Copper, etc on the other side. Since I have no domestics I only use 1 crate for Organics t cover mt corellian decidious wood, coen etc.

So I have about 20 crates al together.

Is there a better way? Just asking, as my WS has a lot of named resources, and my structures uses mostly Grind/Bulk.

Nautillus
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Resource Storage

Post by Savacc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:56 pm

a "storage vendor" with everything listed for 99999999 cr.
Just check it every couple of weeks and move stuff from the stockroom to sales as the time limits expire. Also mark your storage vendor as not searchable and not listed on the map.

gurgi1970
Novice Crafter

Post by gurgi1970 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Only thing I see wrong with this (in my opinion), is that since I have 3 accounts, with one of each type of trader, I can't share my resources between them. Or could we be able to put the access lock onto a vendor to allow that type of control?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:32 am

No, if you want multiple chars to be able to access it, you need to use a structure.

Harpua
Novice Crafter

Post by Harpua » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:45 am

Storage droids. They are kind of out of sight, out of mind, but they don't clutter up your house. You can drag one to a crafting hot bar for easy open/close.

There are some resources you won't use with your DE that you do with your WS. So each individual crafter has what he needs stored on a droid. Common resources can go in a chest.

May not be the solution you are looking for, but it is one route to take.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:03 am

Savacc wrote:No, if you want multiple chars to be able to access it, you need to use a structure.
Or just pay for the resources :lol:

(Could be done, as the money is just transfered from one of your characters to another)

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Hello guys :) I use all three methods ..storage droids for crafter specific resources, storage vendor for less used resources, and housing for common resources.

I add 30 item storage and crafting stations to my droids, soo just pop out the droid and there are your most used resources for that type of crafter.

When you need a certain resource from the vendor, just make a note and drop the resource in the house, when you log the vendor owner ..or you can dual log :)

Also if you use Z's tool or a spreadsheet to keep track of your resources, you will cut down on locating just the right one.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:09 am

May try the droid, resource crate combo, as it stands now I have gotten my resources loaded into SWGAID and added a few missing resources to swgcraft. Crates are divided int grind and oq resources. but there are uber munitions resources I will pop into droids for storage. Thanks for that tip. Do not like the vendor thing, maybe I'll store my 1m crates on a vendor.

thx
Naut
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Harpua
Novice Crafter

Post by Harpua » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

One other thing that came to mind is to use the storage in the crafting stations. I put all my space resources in my Space Crafting station. A lot of my resources and components for my Arch stay in the structure station. And I use it for my DE as well.

You can toggle back and forth between inventory and the storage in the station while you craft. But you can't see crates, so you'd have to pull them into inventory to use them.

As long as you're not hitting a storage limit in your structure, it's ok. Storage droids are good when you have no room to put stuff (or you are in the middle of a cave and run out of backpack room.)