Split: WAS ???

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Locked
Tedt
Novice Crafter
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:49 am

Split: WAS ???

Post by Tedt » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:52 pm

Hm...if you take a Munitions and if he crafts a Armor piece you see OQ:33%, SR:33%, UT:33% out of 100%

If you get atleast 962 on all of those stats (OQ, SR, UT) it gives a 100% result, because its 33% out of 100%. I don't know if they say 1000 = 100% so a OQ of 960 = 96% or if they take it eg: OQ:955 = 100% of the resource Quality, now you say 955 = 100%, 4% from 955 = x to calculate the final result.
Good thing is that if you take an exact look, that the 3 stats needed on the Armor piece are for Condition, and as Armor won't get damaged with time it doesn't matter realy if you use 962 on all or not.

I say that you need atleast 962, though 960 also can get 100% at the end......I think this explains all the calculating at the top a little easier :)

Most shematics use 2 different stats some 3, getting 962 on all will give you a chance to get 100% on the experimentation line you use points on......if you have a high experimentation rate you get more points----> stack luck to get more Amazing or critical successes, this leats to the fact that you can spend more points on a second or 3th experimentation row because the effect of amazing and critical success just gives an extra on how fast you get to 100%. At the ende you can balance eg: a Weapon on dps, dmg and elemental values....problem is that sometimes if you get always amazing or critical is that you arrive at 98% and if you spend a point now you will waste it, because a usual experimentation roll give around 4-6% or more.

Thats why Assembly is important and the resources you use, because the better they are the higher the stats before you start experimentation ---> Overall Quality of the Item is good, mabe it lacks 2-4 points on dps but at the dmg and elemental value it holds more points.
Last edited by Zimoon on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split: unclear what this thread was a response to but it was not about the guide

User avatar
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Beginners Guide For Traders

Post by Savacc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:52 pm

Welcome to our forums Tedt :D

I am not sure what your question is, since the posts leading up to yours are about vendors resetting after server reboots.

Your issue with 962 vs 960 being the stat needed to get to 1000 after the bonus for Resource Refinement is an old one. All of us originally thought like you, that we would need 962. Later we discovered that the bonus is not 4%, like the devs say it is, but +40. So a stat of 1 becomes 41, a stat of 100 becomes 140 and a stat of 960 becomes 1000. We also discovered that the bonus is not added to each individual resource (like I just did in the previous sentence :roll: ) but rather added as a single bonus at the very end after all other calculations for the schematic.

Your statement about wasting a point to go from 98% to 100% is kind of confusing me. If you want the line "capped" then it is not a waste to get it to 100%. If your point is it might be better to spend it on a secondary line, I would say it depends.

Z covers all of this in the guide, including a chart on the value for each experimental roll. Your estimate of 4-6% for a "great" or "amazing" is too low, by the way. :wink:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Beginners Guide For Traders

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Yes, welcome around Tedt, always nice to see new folks around :)

Like Savacc I wonder which post, if any, that you replied to? Or if it just was a general comment before you read the guide in full?

Either way, have fun with your crafting and see you around

/Zimoon

Tedt
Novice Crafter
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Beginners Guide For Traders

Post by Tedt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 pm

It was a reply to the first post did not see that there were more posts coming ^^

....If you craft a Saber, you need OQ and CD, but a Saber gets up to 98%, though CD just is eg: 760....so I calculated and as a result I think that if they say it is 33% then the other 67% already is taken by the item itself and you just do eg: CD 670, now 0.33*670 + the 4% bonus = 696.8* 0.33 = 229.944, 67% = 670 ---> 670+229.944=899.944 (900).

So wehn the other Slot is maxed with OQ (+bonus of 4%), means 100% (1000) ---> 1000+900=1900 ----> 1900*100/2000=95 --> 95% (as crafting reslult.....mabe get 96% if they arent that exactly or you use the 40 point bonus you mentioned)

Do you think thats possible ?....did not read all, the calculating at the start was hard to understand at the beginning.
Last edited by Tedt on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: England

Re: Beginners Guide For Traders

Post by AtiInc » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Tedt wrote:It was a reply to the first post did not see that there were more posts coming ^^

....If you craft a Saber, you need OQ and CD, but a Saber gets up to 98%, though CD just is eg: 760....so I calculated and as a result I think that if they say it is 33% then the other 67% already is taken by the item itself and you just do eg: CD 670, now 0.33*670 + the 4% bonus = 696.8* 0.33 = 229.944, 67% = 670 ---> 670+229.944=899.944 (900).

So wehn the other Slot is maxed with OQ (+bonus of 4%), means 100% (1000) ---> 1000+900=1900 ----> 1900*100/2000=95 --> 95% (as crafting reslult.....mabe get 96% if they arent that exactly)

Do you think thats possible ?....did not read all, the calculating at the start was hard to understand at the beginning.
This is a link to my saber calculator I made

Just put the stats in and it will caluculate

http://www.filefront.com/error.php?errno=320

Remember that the cap for sabers is 97.5%
Image

Tedt
Novice Crafter
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Beginners Guide For Traders

Post by Tedt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:27 pm

AtiInc wrote:
Tedt wrote:It was a reply to the first post did not see that there were more posts coming ^^

....If you craft a Saber, you need OQ and CD, but a Saber gets up to 98%, though CD just is eg: 760....so I calculated and as a result I think that if they say it is 33% then the other 67% already is taken by the item itself and you just do eg: CD 670, now 0.33*670 + the 4% bonus = 696.8* 0.33 = 229.944, 67% = 670 ---> 670+229.944=899.944 (900).

So wehn the other Slot is maxed with OQ (+bonus of 4%), means 100% (1000) ---> 1000+900=1900 ----> 1900*100/2000=95 --> 95% (as crafting reslult.....mabe get 96% if they arent that exactly)

Do you think thats possible ?....did not read all, the calculating at the start was hard to understand at the beginning.
This is a link to my saber calculator I made

Just put the stats in and it will caluculate

http://www.filefront.com/error.php?errno=320

Remember that the cap for sabers is 97.5%
It if you use a CD of 960 it will be 100% I think, it just a question on luck if the server drops the right resources (friend got 99% on his)

Tedt
Novice Crafter
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Beginners Guide For Traders

Post by Tedt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Mabe it was 98% but I did 97% with the same...once I also had a lucky shot, usually it could not get 100% tried it 3 times but then I got some amazing and with a little pushing and pulling it went 100%....things happen ^^

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Beginners Guide For Traders

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:52 am

Tedt wrote:It was a reply to the first post did not see that there were more posts coming ^^
I split this post to its own thread. It was not about the beginners guide and it it did not quite any post to be replied to. No harm I hope?

Welcome around Tedt :D

User avatar
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Split: WAS ???

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

I almost split this off the first time since it didnt seem to be about the guide, but I wasnt really sure what it was about...

First, Jedi do not get the 4% (really +40) Resource Refinery bonus. Only Traders get that expertise option. Jedi are stuck with the raw stats when building their sabers.

Second, when AtiInc says the "cap" for sabers is 97.5%, I think, he means using the best known resources across all servers, the best saber ever was 97.5%. You would be correct in assuming that if you had resources of all 1000 CD and 1000 OQ, that a saber could get to 100%.

Third, you really need to read Z's guide through. I think Z has done his best to simplify and make it as clear as possible. If you have suggestions on places it doesnt seem clear, then make them. Z is constantly updating, adding to and improving the guide.
It seems to me you are trying to come up with shortcuts. We all do that. I "eyeball" resources all the time to judge if they are worth harvesting, without actually doing all the calculations. To an extent, your crafting tool does that too, it gives you that "green bar" to judge a resource before it is used. Some people have put together tools, like the one AtiInc mentioned, that will tell you the results of using resources before you put them into a schematic. If I understand you right, your idea of taking the CD of a resource and multiplying it by 0.67 is a way to "eyeball" it to see if it will be good enough to use in saber crafting. I do that, look at resources and make rough calculations in my head. Maybe other people grab a calculator and get better figures, or boot up a "Little Helper" program and get it exactly. However, I think it is important to know exactly what is happening in your crafting tool when you click the "Assemble" or "Experiment" button. Because I do know, that lets me make better guesses without it. For instance, I "eyeball" resources all the time by adding +40 to the stats, to determine if I will harvest or use that resource. I know that is not how it happens in the crafting tool, that in reality that resource will be weighed for amounts, adjusted for caps and averaged with all the other resources before any +40 is added, but it works as a quick guesstimate, to handicap the resource.

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: England

Re: Split: WAS ???

Post by AtiInc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:09 am

Savacc wrote:
Second, when AtiInc says the "cap" for sabers is 97.5%, I think, he means using the best known resources across all servers, the best saber ever was 97.5%. You would be correct in assuming that if you had resources of all 1000 CD and 1000 OQ, that a saber could get to 100%.
I probobly should have worded it better :P

But yes, all the best LS Crafting resources can get you 97.5, the actuall cap is 100, but this has not been obtained yet.
Image

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest