Helper Monkey help

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

AuntLou42
Novice Crafter

Helper Monkey help

Post by AuntLou42 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:59 pm

What is the easiest way to get a helper monkey. I'm an engineer and it seems quite hard cause it appears the collection isn't repeatable. Any tips or suggestions would be great. :mrgreen:

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Helper Monkey help

Post by Savacc » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Z talks about that in his famous guide (isnt everything in that guide?)

The Crafting Collections were not designed for one char to do them 20 times. The devs wanted there to be some interaction between combat chars and crafters. Your task is going to be to somehow convince, beg, coerce or pay 20 other chars to do the collection and bring the schematics to you to make. :shock:

AuntLou42
Novice Crafter

Post by AuntLou42 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:28 pm

The guide doesn't tell you that you have to beg 20 people to do the collection for it. 20 is quite extreme.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

AuntLou42 wrote:The guide doesn't tell you that you have to beg 20 people to do the collection for it. 20 is quite extreme.
I have two words for you... Trial Account.

These days unless you are lucky enough to be in an active guild the easist/only way to do these quests is by making a trial account doing the collections with them and then deleting the characters and making new ones.

I know it is not in the spirit of the game and some may even see it as an exploit but it is the only shot you have if you dont have 20 friends that dont have it finished already.