Help with Gas Surveyor please

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

fishman
Novice Crafter

Help with Gas Surveyor please

Post by fishman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Hey,

This is my first post!

So I have been grinding my structure crafter and here's my problem:

As I have leveled up I know that different resources go away and are replaced by higher level resources. But right now I am a level 62 structure crafter and I can't gather Reactive Gas of any kind. =(

My gas surveyor only shows inert gas types and I have just ran out of reactive gas that I had harvested about ten levels earlier. I guess my question is, shouldn't I be able to harvest a reactive gas of some type regardless of my level? Why is reactive gas not showing up as even an option to survey?

I even destroyed my gas surveyor and made a new one. I have camped in and out of the game and even gone off world to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated as I can't make generator turbines right now without being able to harvest reactive gas.

Thanks,

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Help with Gas Surveyor please

Post by Zimoon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 pm

It is not the survey device that is broken but perhaps there is no reactive gas spawning at the moment, not at any of the ten core planets. Yes, resources come and go and some resource classes may be void for anything from a few days to weeks. Remember that often a resource is only available at one or a few planets.

However, use and submit to the resource listings for your galaxy at this site's main page, "current resources", and you will find out when what you are looking for shows up. Or install and make use of SWGAide, in my signature, which helps you with the same thing. The resource database at this site is user driven so the more people contributing to t the better :)

Welcome around and I good to see you here :mrgreen:

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:29 pm

Welcome to SWGCraft. :D
Reading your post reminded me of when I first started the game, how new and confusing it all seemed. In many ways it still is. :lol:

Two things first: have you found Z's Famous Guide? It was written for new crafters in this game. Be advised that you will not understand it all in your first reading, but Bookmark it and refer back to it when you get stuck. I still use it as a reference myself. Second, do you know about the "Current Resources" feature of our site? (Bookmark it too) Find it on the front page, set it for your galaxy and "All Planets" then scroll down to Gases and look for Reactive Gases. Note that we depend on players to report resources to us. We do not have a "feed" from SOE. Any other website or application that claims to be able to report resources to you is actually getting them from us first.

There should always be three Reactive Gases on every server. One will the JTL Resource (Unstable Organomatellic Reactive Gas), then the Mustafar Reactive Gas, then the randomly spawning Reactive Gas (sometimes, but rarely, a second random gas will spawn). The JTL Gas only spawns on one planet at a time. Then, of course, the Mustafar Gas only spawns on Mustafar. The random gas spawns on 6-8 planets. So at any given time, there will always be at least one, possibly up to four planets, that do not have a Reactive Gas spawning on them. When you open your survey device, on one of those planets, it will not give you an option to survey. Just go to a different planet, or check "Current Resources" here to find where it's spawning.

I wish you were right about each time a new resource spawns its better then the last :shock: . That would be so awesome. :wink: Unfortunately its all random. There are some patterns though and those of us who have been here a while keep searching for those patterns and report them here.

edit- I see Z posted faster then I did :D
Last edited by Savacc on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Im too slow

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 pm

I am just typing the less 8)

But that is also less accurate, so you complements more than well :D

fishman
Novice Crafter

Post by fishman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks for the help and links. =)