Hand sampling droid modules vs Pets

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Hand sampling droid modules vs Pets

Post by dratsablive » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:39 pm

I've yet to use the new droids with the hand sampling bonuses, but can't find any real info on them either. I have full expertise in hand sampling and a pet with resource scavenger skill.

How would one of these new droids (assuming maxed on sampling bonus) compare to the pet + resource scavenger?

Thanks

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Hand sampling droid modules vs Pets

Post by Paria » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:31 pm

The pet grants a +50 bonus

See Module - Hand Sample or how 6 modules +9 gives a Mining Droid MK3 with +56.
It seems that the cap in +10 per module so probably +60 is the max ...

EDIT
+60 max can be found in several threads of SWG forums, this one for example: which droid is best for hand sampling & how much?
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Post by dratsablive » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks - looks like I'm in the market for a new droid then, and Pebbles is off to the glue factory.

THERAT
Novice Crafter

Post by THERAT » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:42 am

um i did several side by side all night sampling with droid on one toon and pet on other
both toons have the same sampling macro and a full sampling tree, both toons did a /follow the pet so they didnt move (much), both toons used Chandad(not sure if it helps but hey its a buff)
results were only like 38.5k for droid and 37.8k for pet they were sampling radioactive

pets will still work with no food vs droid will stop when power runs out (droid was at 32% after 8hours)
perhaps you can have a battrey in toolbar for the macro to hit (if that is possible)

pet will defend you(some what) droid will watch you die

but pet will take one point in exp tree

you can order your pet or droid to "stay" then do /follow(zoomin and face it) and you wont wake up in lake of fire or cloner
hope that helps :)

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks for the feedback :D

PS: my old none-experimented droid battery, crafted with recycled resources by a non-Engineer have 1 charge, they hardly last 8 hours :lol:

dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Post by dratsablive » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 pm

THERAT wrote:both toons used Chandad (not sure if it helps but hey its a buff)
Chandad does help, as does the Chu-gon cube surveyor's bracelet - the increased surveying skill lessens the chance of a duff survey roll, as well as the quantity that you hand sample. As far as I know, these are the only two items that increase surveying skill, but correct me if I've missed anything.

I still think it's a bit "off" that the pet collection is made immediately obsolete by an off-the-shelf droid, but I can roll with that one.

THERAT
Novice Crafter

Post by THERAT » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:20 am

yea wasnt trying to bash pets in fact both toons use pets now and the droid is collecting dust