Harvestors and Power, bugged?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

JediScout
Novice Crafter

Harvestors and Power, bugged?

Post by JediScout » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:48 am

I've noticed something on one of my mineral harvesters, it seems to continue to mining ore even if the power drops to zero. I was checking a set of harvesters and found one of them out of power (the rest where fine). I also noted that it had pretty much the same amount of ore as the other harvesters. It seemed odd that I would have come upon it just as it ran out of power so I did a test, I didn't repower it. Checked my other harvesters, topped them off as normal. Came back the next day and that "unpowered" harvester had done the same extracting as the other powered harvesters.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Harvestors and Power, bugged?

Post by Savacc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 am

I have been away from the game all summer, but I recall this bug from before, so has it resurfaced?

Let us know what happens when you redeed the harvester, does it ask you to pay the power costs before redeeding, if not, does it allow you to place the harvy on another spot with a "negitive" power level?

JediScout
Novice Crafter

Post by JediScout » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am

Savacc wrote:I have been away from the game all summer, but I recall this bug from before, so has it resurfaced?

Let us know what happens when you redeed the harvester, does it ask you to pay the power costs before redeeding, if not, does it allow you to place the harvy on another spot with a "negitive" power level?
Went back to the harvester, and the status shows zero power, no negative. When I turned off the harvester I couldn't turn in back on due to no power (still showing zero). Upon redeed, nothing unusual, didn't need to pay any extra power or the like. Just the maintenance fee as normal. Was able to replace it again, nothing out of the ordinary. I had to deposit 1 power to be able to start the harvester again, but otherwise nothing unusual.

Will check in a bit, it should have defiantly run out of power with only one unit.

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Is this any relation to the not-null bug with elite harvy self-powered deeds? To clarify: with standard harvy deeds, the power will read as "null". But with one of the deeds I have, any harvy I use it on will read as 0 power, not as null, and yet it works just fine, keeps on harvesting, no matter which harvester I use it on.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

JediScout
Novice Crafter

Post by JediScout » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 pm

I've tested this on a heavy mineral and have not applied any no power deeds.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:29 am

That is exactly how the bug used to be, as long as you gave it one unit of power, the harvester would operate till the resource despawned (as long as you didnt shut it off).
Sorry to see this bug back again. :(
Perhaps one of our senators, or maybe even a dev :shock: , will see this and look into it.