resource managment in house

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

resource managment in house

Post by NaeBliss » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:46 am

hi guys, i have a q: how do you sort out the resources in your house?
I mean some parts need res with high UT, other high CD, others all kinds.
Do you have a chest for every res?, or mayabe all res for say to make a Gen turbine in one bag?

Could use some tips here!

thx.

btw my crafters /harvester name ingame is O'sangar on chim.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: resource managment in house

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:21 pm

This is my personal style:
I have two houses, one Organic, and one Inorganic.
Each house has several chests, cabinets, etc., named such as Steel, Iron, Chem, Ore/Gem.
When a category becomes full I split the content into two somehow.
Same style for the Organic house.
I also have containers named Bulk/Recycled for LQ resources. These also contain the recyclers.

So, how to find what?
I use SWGAide to keep track of what resource is for what, the inventory notes field.
Once I know resource class and its name it is just to pick it up from its container.

That was me, but I can imagine others having it organized by usage first, then by something else.

Whatever, SWGAide is probably a good way to get started sorting things out :)

/Zimoon

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Post by NaeBliss » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:45 pm

k thx, got swgaid installed didnt look at the inv notes filed yet.

thx gain

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:32 pm

Zimoon wrote:This is my personal style:
I have two houses, one Organic, and one Inorganic.
Each house has several chests, cabinets, etc., named such as Steel, Iron, Chem, Ore/Gem.
When a category becomes full I split the content into two somehow.
Same style for the Organic house.
I also have containers named Bulk/Recycled for LQ resources. These also contain the recyclers.
I do something similar, although in a storage room in my large personal house. I like having it all in one place. Vegetables, Fruits, Cereals, Wood, Copper, Ore, Gemstones, etc etc, smaller bags for things like Bone, Hide, and Milk, separated so my chef and armorsmith materials don't get mixed up. A box for Grind stuff. Steel has two chests; so does Meat. A special bag for Bespin Port resources, and another one for the resources I use frequently for tissues. If you're short on floor space, you can use bags arranged on the wall vertically, rather than chests and such. I also keep relevant grind resources inside my crafting droids, so that I can make schematics for things like alcohol and synthetic cloth, right next to my factories - with the new droid storage capacity about to increase from 10 to 30, we'll be able to store even more!
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:19 pm

Hoi,

i use a vendor for my resources. Since server transfer i wear that verndor in my datapad...

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:20 am

I use a "storage vendor" too :wink:
Beware that such "storage vendors" are considered mild exploits. The GMs will not reimberse you for anything lost from a "storage vendor" as storage is not the "intended use" of a vendor. Game etiquette is that "storage vendors" be seperate from vendors used for sale and they not be "searchable", nor "advertized on the overhead map". Keeping a "storage vendor" in your data pad is probably an even better idea.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:22 am

Savacc wrote:The GMs will not reimberse you for anything lost from a "storage vendor" as storage is not the "intended use" of a vendor. .
If someone buy the stuff - its for sure that no GM helps. But what is if something got lost because for example vendor is bugged and stuff get lost insteat of beeing in the stockroom? (or other bugs) ?

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:04 am

Belisama wrote:
Savacc wrote:The GMs will not reimberse you for anything lost from a "storage vendor" as storage is not the "intended use" of a vendor. .
If someone buy the stuff - its for sure that no GM helps. But what is if something got lost because for example vendor is bugged and stuff get lost insteat of beeing in the stockroom? (or other bugs) ?

Best
Bel
My personal experience is that the GMs differ from case to case, so always be polite and truthful (as they can check the logs ;)).

However, if there is no policy in place, such as that the overaged items have fallen out of the stock room, then they tend to be quite helpful. Not always and exactly the way we want, possibly since it is out of their power, but hey use to help out. The problem can be to show that it really was a bug in the first case.

/Zimoon

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 am

Always seemed to me that storage vendors for valuable things like resources were not only too risky, but kind of a pain. You'd have to drop it any time you wanted to look at what you have, or pull anything out. And if you have multiple crafters, there's more of a pita. I use a storage vendor, planted in my crafting room, but only for stuff like components, and sometimes BM stuff. But usually, I just don't have that much of a problem finding storage to hold them. It was worth it to me to invest in both my main characters having the storage upgrades, that helps out a lot.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org