Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Locked
NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by NaeBliss » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi there i am currently using harvies on my alt toon a Jedi, but looking at the crafting expertise i see i can get very nice bonusses for harvesting.
Since im not doing anything else with the jedi atm i was thinking i might aswell get the bonus from the crafting expertise.
But here is the catch , i wanna be lvl90 as quick as possible, i read somewhere , someone did it in like 4 hours?, is this (legally) possible.?

In the future i would like to be able to build crafting stations (since we gonna need them in guild) and re-engeneer shipparts if its even possible in the same trade.

What pad should i take? and yes i know i wont be a good crafter to start, but thats a secondary objective, prim is having the harvest bonusses and to be able to put up a vendor.

Any help appriciated.!

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by Tinsel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Structures... you want this guide - and yes, it's perfectly legal, as it requires no external program. :)
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by NaeBliss » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:20 pm

cool thx, cant acces that site from work but will look when i come home.

thx again.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:20 pm

NaeBliss wrote:Hi there i am currently using harvies on my alt toon a Jedi, but looking at the crafting expertise i see i can get very nice bonusses for harvesting.
Since im not doing anything else with the jedi atm i was thinking i might aswell get the bonus from the crafting expertise.
But here is the catch , i wanna be lvl90 as quick as possible, i read somewhere , someone did it in like 4 hours?, is this (legally) possible.?

I guess 4 hours is doable within the legal domain, but you must definitely know exactly what to do and have prepared with resources and having a plan. I would say 6 hours is more like it for a newb, and only if you select Structure Traders 8)

In the future i would like to be able to build crafting stations (since we gonna need them in guild) and re-engeneer shipparts if its even possible in the same trade.

Then Structure Trader is your destiny

What pad should i take? and yes i know i wont be a good crafter to start, but thats a secondary objective, prim is having the harvest bonusses and to be able to put up a vendor.

Any help appriciated.!
There is a speed-level guide at the official Structure Trader forums, in the FAQ there, no need to write something that is spelled out already ;)

As you say, you will be absolutely clueless once reaching master, but don't despair, there is the beginners guide in this forum, take your time, crafting is not as simple as it might sound and look like, not overly complex either, but there are many, many small thingies you need to juggle with at the same time.

That is why I always advice newcomers to stay away from speed-grinding. Many of these that say crafting is boring and not fun have speed grinded, used to it from combat which perhaps can be speed-leveled even if you won't be the best PvP-er around for some time. But once they have become a master they don't knao what to do and realize they have to learn the n00b stuff, eeeh, I agree, that is boring and not fun. But doing it the other way around, that is fun and challenging :D

Good luck

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Tinsel wrote:Structures... you want this guide - and yes, it's perfectly legal, as it requires no external program. :)
Programmable mouses is discussed though 8)
In my opinion it depends on how much programmable they are :)

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by fridge33sam » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Tinsel wrote:Structures... you want this guide - and yes, it's perfectly legal, as it requires no external program. :)
Programmable mouses is discussed though 8)
In my opinion it depends on how much programmable they are :)
programmable mice!?! I can't even program my pc, lol! :roll:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

User avatar
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by Savacc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:51 am

I thought I had a link to Pawlin's guide in the Archy FAQ. I see the guide is a bit dated on the subject now.

Im in agreement with Zimoon that newcomers to Crafting should not use the "Speed Grinding Guide", that its best to learn the profession as you go. In your case, Ild say go for it though. Since you just want to get the harvesting bonuses and realize you will need to "catch up" on the necessary knowlege to actually do any crafting.

When the time comes that you do want to learn more about crafting, come back here and read some of the guides and FAQs, then if something is still not clear ask us here on the forums. :D

User avatar
Soxna_Burafett
Novice Crafter
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 am
Location: France, near Paris

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by Soxna_Burafett » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:47 am

and once you have a crafter with the harvester bonus, you can use it with all your toons, just have to use the /transferStruct command.
For this you just need to have your non trader toon standing near the harvester (even LD if both char are on the same account) and transfer the structure with your trader, bonusses will remain effectiv as long as you don't add maintenance or power.

That's what i do with my toons and this way, my smuggler's harvies work as well as my trader's 8)

It is a trick I read from Zimoon (what a surprise !) but i'm too lazy to try to find the subject and put the thread :oops:

Edit : of course you need to add the name of your toon in the command /transferStruct nameofthetoon
Chimaera : Soxna, Structure Trader and SaiSai, Smuggler
Farstar : Bartabas, Domestic Trader (Chef) and Abitop, Spy

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by NaeBliss » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:30 am

thats a nice tip aswell!

i have 1 q that popped in my mind: how do you fight of the mobs as a trader? its not a combat prof, can a trader use armor etc?
Or do traders dont get aggro?
I remember a nice resource spot 95% on Dathomir and nightsisters everywhere, took abit of fighting to clear things up.

cya ! and thx again all.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 am

Soxna_Burafett wrote:and once you have a crafter with the harvester bonus, you can use it with all your toons, just have to use the /transferStruct command.
For this you just need to have your non trader toon standing near the harvester (even LD if both char are on the same account) and transfer the structure with your trader, bonusses will remain effectiv as long as you don't add maintenance or power.

That's what i do with my toons and this way, my smuggler's harvies work as well as my trader's 8)

It is a trick I read from Zimoon (what a surprise !) but i'm too lazy to try to find the subject and put the thread :oops:

Edit : of course you need to add the name of your toon in the command /transferStruct nameofthetoon
Did you mean http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... 952#p12952? :D

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:52 pm

NaeBliss wrote:thats a nice tip aswell!

i have 1 q that popped in my mind: how do you fight of the mobs as a trader? its not a combat prof, can a trader use armor etc?
Or do traders dont get aggro?
I remember a nice resource spot 95% on Dathomir and nightsisters everywhere, took abit of fighting to clear things up.

cya ! and thx again all.
Oh, us poor defenseless crafters are still able to get aggro! A few ways to overcome this is to get a group together to pull your resources, or get a pet to help you. Some of the bigger defensive pets are almost designed for just such occassions. My Chef has 2 pets at the moment, I have one that works as a helper monkey, and one that I use to defend me when I am hunting resources. I haven't done the truffle pig stuff yet, so I guess that would be a 3rd pet!?! ugh.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 am

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by redwhitenblue » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:05 pm

Another point to be made is that you don't need to be a level 90 trader in order to max out the harvesting benefits. So you could grind enough levels to earn that and then slow down and take a look at everything you can make to actually figure out the trade. Having done the slow grind myself I highly recommend it as crafting can be very overwhelming anyways, I'm still figuring new things out. And since you'll be grinding structures there are many things you can make that are marketable at the lower levels, I found that much more rewarding than eye-straining carpal tunnel causing practice grinding which I did a lot of with my second trader.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Quickest way to lvl, read reasons inside.

Post by NaeBliss » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:13 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:Another point to be made is that you don't need to be a level 90 trader in order to max out the harvesting benefits. So you could grind enough levels to earn that and then slow down and take a look at everything you can make to actually figure out the trade. .
I was actually planning on writing that today !, i made it to lvl 42 like a rocket and did see i already could get all the benefits for harvesting
Im indeed now gonna take a look at all things, like vendors , wich resources are best for the trade.
And so it seems the pets :-)

I could not help myself and grinded to lvl90 just after i wrote this, i had to try it lol. (it was the dark side i say!)
But indeed for one who wants to be a good crafter from the start i agree take the slow road, in the end it will help you.

But im close to making my first factory!, got all the parts, afk hand sampling the steel on musti while i work, so when i come home ill try put it all together :-))
Next try will be a harvester . :wink:

cya soon!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest