Free Resource Crate

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Free Resource Crate

Post by redwhitenblue » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:42 am

Ok, so someone hands me a resource crate because I'm complaining in guild chat about how hard it is to find certain resources of good quality. So I finally decide what I want and head over to the list of old spawns and try to find the best quality only to be frustrated by the search options. What's the easiest way to find the best spawn of something?
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Free Resource Crate

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:11 am

Hi bro,

Before you hastily do anything you will ever regret, read through http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1270 and spend another minute at the last section of the first post, which is about the 30k crate.

Too many fledgling crafters realize what is read over there way too late, and .... :roll:

Should you have many crates, or can you afford buying them off of the market, that is another animal, but until then .... 8)

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:08 pm

I know I was hasty on my first resource crate. Just remember that the resource crate is worth about 30 mil on the market. So you're basically paying 1 mil per 1k on that resource. Search the Bazaar first and see if you can get something that is cheaper first before commiting on it.

I would save it up for only resources that require a specific named resource. IE. Bronzium Iron instead of just normal Iron.

Both of the resource crates I've gotten so far were used on Animal skins, I have the hardest time finding any animal skin for sale of good quality on the bazaar and it is usually in very small quantities. Most people who hunt don't gather a lot of skins.

Another thing thats good to use it on are the specific gasses you need for Jedi 4th/5th generation lightsaber crafting and certain weapon chambers. Those resources are usually priced very high or not available.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:58 pm

MoonDragn wrote:I know I was hasty on my first resource crate. Just remember that the resource crate is worth about 30 mil on the market.
Only about 12 mill currently on Flurry, but still far more valuable as a tool. I'd try the trade forums for resources, most resource sellers (myself included) don't bother with the forums anymore due to the dirth of crafters. Also, with the influx of folks from other servers, there's more HQ resources around. There's billions of resources sitting in houses, it's ferreting them out that's the tough part. Akhor, what are you looking for??

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:Ok, so someone hands me a resource crate because I'm complaining in guild chat about how hard it is to find certain resources of good quality. So I finally decide what I want and head over to the list of old spawns and try to find the best quality only to be frustrated by the search options. What's the easiest way to find the best spawn of something?
To actually answer your question, go to the find resources page on SWGCraft, enter the server, type of resource, and desired stats, and compare what's available. That's definitely the easiest/fastest way. It won't be as thorough as, say, going through every resource in the crate by hand, (since it's possible that not all resources have been uploaded to SWGCraft, especially on smaller servers) but there's always a trade-off to speed and ease.

But the fellows above are right too. Even if you have no plans to become a resource submitter, almost no resources are worth as much as the crate itself, literally. In context, a 12 million crate amounts to 400 cpu. Unless you're a wealthy Jedi, or you can make 400cpu on the items you're going to be selling, it's almost never worth it.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Oops, I forgot to reply to the question, ooh dear, how silly of me, I must have done that while at work 8)

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:46 pm

lol, yes I was hoping for a simple answer, and trust me I know how valuable these things are. My first crate I have been using as a tool, but with 4 accounts... that's 3 crates I'll be able to actually get resources from without having to spend a dime. I have definitely been hemming and haing over this for days, maybe weeks, but after a conversation with a friend of mine that bought a crate to get milk and then sold his leftover when he switched professions for a profit I figured it would be a good thing to use it on. Even though milking is now actually fun with starshine surprise I have no idea when the next good spawn will be so...

You don't happen to have any awesome milk laying around do you UncleFester?
1548, 75, -5884

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:03 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:lol, yes I was hoping for a simple answer, and trust me I know how valuable these things are. My first crate I have been using as a tool, but with 4 accounts... that's 3 crates I'll be able to actually get resources from without having to spend a dime. I have definitely been hemming and haing over this for days, maybe weeks, but after a conversation with a friend of mine that bought a crate to get milk and then sold his leftover when he switched professions for a profit I figured it would be a good thing to use it on. Even though milking is now actually fun with starshine surprise I have no idea when the next good spawn will be so...

You don't happen to have any awesome milk laying around do you UncleFester?
Ugh, you said a dirty word! I just realized a night ago that I am down to my last 2 crates of Bantha Butter. So, it's off to the dairy fields I go! the only advantage to this is with the Starshine Surprise you mentioned, it's easier to get Milk Collection done. Then I will just have to do the Egg collection and I can use the Ice Cream fryers that I have laying around! (or at least that's the rumor)
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:17 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:You don't happen to have any awesome milk laying around do you UncleFester?
I don't think so but you know I'll check for you. What stats? OQ & FL? Been waiting for a good spawn to try out that 'Starshine' but RL has been mercilessly eating into my SWG time of late. :(

Fester
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Yeah I know, and it seems everytime I see you I don't realize til you're logging off and I'm like, shoot I didn't get a chance to say hi. But anyways the stats I need the most are OQ and PE, there was an ok spawn the other week that I got a little of but it only takes my pudding to 144. It was then that I realized just how awesome starshine is, 107k from one session, although I can't remember how long I was actually out there before they pulled me into space. And I was told finishing the milk collection helps increases your chance to get more exceptional milks, and then those can be used in the fryer... right? I've made so many of the fryers for people but have no idea how they work lol, I think mine is in my yacht...
1548, 75, -5884