Crafting suits broken?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Crafting suits broken?

Post by Kirneh » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi there,
I wonder if crafting suits are broken atm.

For my AS I use a crafting suit including pre-cu parts. So chest, shirt and weapon have the new modifiers, plus additional stats are on boots, pants, gloves and headwear. As I have no access to game right now, I cannot remember my stats, but I think for armor experimentation I have about +145 or even more.

As far as I understand it, you get your full exp points by reaching +125, plus an additional point if you get over it by at least 10.

Unfortunately, I still only get 13pts for experimentation, although I should have 14pts. Shouldn't I?

Please give me some hints.
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!

dmac1024
Novice Crafter

Re: Crafting suits broken?

Post by dmac1024 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Hate to burst your bubble, but to my knowledge experimentation points are capped at 13 no matter how much you have in experimentation.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:34 am

Experimentation Skill, for the purposes of determining Experimentation Points, in a Crafting Suit are capped at +25. The only way to get over +24 is with pre NGE SEAs.

You receive an Experimentation Point for every 10 points of Experimentation Skill.

Raw skill, from leveling, gives you 100 points of Experimentation Skill. A very few Shipwright Skills give 150 starting points.

An Expertise option gives you 10 addition Experimentation Skill.

As stated above, SEAs can give you upto +25 Skill.

The Helper Monkeys add +2 to Experimentation Skill, except for the Food (Chef) and Structure (Architect) Helper Monkeys which add +6.

The Diner, a building from the card game, can be substituted for the Food and Structure Helper Monkeys to add +6, but can not be combined.

So most Crafting Skills are going to max at 137 possible Experimentation Skill points and 13 Experimentation Points. Some Shipwright skills will max at 187 and 18 points, and the Food and Structure skills will max at 141 and 14 points.

There are some things that add to the "Experimentation Roll", for determing the success of Experimentation attempts (greats and amazings) but do not add to Experimentation Skill for determining Experimentation Points. These would be: Bespin Port (a Chef buff), The Research City bonus, possibly SEAs over +25 (this is debated), Crafting Tools and Stations (it was just discovered that Crafting Stations are not giving the bonus they are supposed to. Stay tuned for more details).

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:43 am

Savacc wrote:The Helper Monkeys add +2 to Experimentation Skill, except for the Food (Chef) and Structure (Architect) Helper Monkeys which add +6.
You know I'm going to ask....Helper monkeys..........how do you get them :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 am

Memnoc wrote:
Savacc wrote:The Helper Monkeys add +2 to Experimentation Skill, except for the Food (Chef) and Structure (Architect) Helper Monkeys which add +6.
You know I'm going to ask....Helper monkeys..........how do you get them :)
Have yourself and all of your friends do the collection http://swghuntersguild.com/codex/Collection.aspx?c=39
Started in the new Aurillia village, so you have to be CL60+ to be let in.
As a DE you need to craft 25 (?) of that schematic.

The other monkeys are the same, craft 20-25 schematics to fill the quota and you have a pet for life 8)

/Zimoon