Resource Arm

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Resource Arm

Post by Memnoc » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:50 pm

I finished gathering the resources to get the arm. My question is can I get two arms since there was three squares 1 left arm...1 left left and 1 right arm. Plus to cover the arm what armour could you wear to cover the arm.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Resource Arm

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:14 pm

I don't think you can cover the arm, i know it doesn't appear to have cover. I'm pretty sure the max arms you can have is 2.

/slakkarr
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:31 pm

I assume you mean RE-arm, that you get from the resource gathering collection.

The RE-arm is a left-side arm, you have to choose which left-side arm you want most of all as you cannot have more than one at a time.

All cyber-arms/legs will knock off the wearable items for some lots, in this case the bicep and the bracer. The net result from the lost Luck is still positive, but did you have any other mods they will sit useless until you remove the arm 8)

/Zimoon

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Giving up the wearable armor pieces is definitely worth the extra luck and RE chance, but I couldn't stand the way it looked lol. So I threw a jacket over everything in my appearance tab and voila! Back to my pretty self... well as pretty as an Ithorian can get...
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:49 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:Giving up the wearable armor pieces is definitely worth the extra luck and RE chance, but I couldn't stand the way it looked lol. So I threw a jacket over everything in my appearance tab and voila! Back to my pretty self... well as pretty as an Ithorian can get...
that's really the only reason i haven't done the arm yet! :oops:

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:06 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:Giving up the wearable armor pieces is definitely worth the extra luck and RE chance, but I couldn't stand the way it looked lol. So I threw a jacket over everything in my appearance tab and voila! Back to my pretty self... well as pretty as an Ithorian can get...
My Itho DE makes every pretty girl in ME cantina drool, I promise 8)

But this was an awesome tip, never thought of it

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 pm

OK, so I just went and added the arm. I wouldn't have done it without the appearance tab though! That was a great tip!

/slakkarr

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:25 am

When I went to Theed medic center to have this "resources" arm implemented, I was not sure of the result.
Curiously only two armor pieces (left biceps and left bracer) were unequiped after the operation ... gloves were still equiped.
I remember adding those two armor pieces (left biceps and left bracer) as "appearance" et voila :D
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Paria wrote:When I went to Theed medic center to have this "resources" arm implemented, I was not sure of the result.
Curiously only two armor pieces (left biceps and left bracer) were unequiped after the operation ... gloves were still equiped.
I remember adding those two armor pieces (left biceps and left bracer) as "appearance" et voila :D
I had the same result, but after a while the arm did reappear in my inventory as equipped. Curiously, we went to the same Dr., although on diffferent servers.

Ruh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ruh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:42 pm

I have four crafters, all of whom have the RE Arm. I also have equipped armor pieces on that side of the arm via the Appearance Tab with no problems what so-ever. Actually, I will take that back. There are some instances where the A-Tab will bug, and not show any or certain apperance items. However, this is a general bug and not restricted to Cybernetics as far as I can tell.

When you equip a piece of armor (bicep or bracer) over the cybernetic, it will hide the cybernetic entirely (and your arm will reappear) even if you are not wearing another piece of armor on that side. If you are wearing gloves, once you equip a piece of armor on that cybernetic the gloves will show. So basically, if you have a cybernetic arm, you can still make it look like you are wearing either armor or clothing and have no cybernetic arm at all. I would imagine that this would also work with the "invisible" A-Tab only clothing items if you wanted it to look like you were sleeveless, but still hide cybernetics.
Ruh [Bounty Hunter] - Ruh' [Smuggler] - Reh [Jedi] - Reh' [Spy] - Ryh [Medic] - Ryh' [Dancer] - Rih' [Commando] - 'Rih [Officer]
ShiodIndustries [Domestics] - ShiodInduztries [Engineer] - ShiodIndustriez [Architect] - ShiodInduztriez [Munitions]
Starsider

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Happy I could provide a useful tip! Eight months of playing and I still feel like a noob most of the time...

I had my girl make an invisible bracer to test the sleeveless look. Applying an invisible piece of armor over the cybernetic arm does make your real arm 'return' in appearance. I must say the appearance tab is my favorite update since I started playing... Skaebi refused to wear RIS armor before it lol.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:36 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:Happy I could provide a useful tip! Eight months of playing and I still feel like a noob most of the time...

I had my girl make an invisible bracer to test the sleeveless look. Applying an invisible piece of armor over the cybernetic arm does make your real arm 'return' in appearance. I must say the appearance tab is my favorite update since I started playing... Skaebi refused to wear RIS armor before it lol.
Eight months and you feel like a noob!?! I've been playing for 3 years and I AM still a noob. :mrgreen: