Question concerning resources

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

HyperDragon
Novice Crafter

Question concerning resources

Post by HyperDragon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:11 pm

I know that i should only use capped resources but when im crafting i am forced to use a steel that is not capped but my iron is, if i used a capped chemical will it counter the un-capped steel?
Generi Ige, Chilastra, former entertainer, currently structures trader.

atox
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Question concerning resources

Post by atox » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:06 am

i would think it would depend on the average of the 3. id give it a try if the avg was 960.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:30 am

We would have to know what you are making, and what all of the stats are to give you a definite answer, but Atox is giving you the right info, all your resources are averaged togather, and resources with stats over 960 will be averaged with stats under 960 and could bring the average high enough to still "cap" a product.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Yupp, it depends on the weighed average of all resources in the schematic. And it somewhat depends on what you mean by "chemical", is it a Lub Oil or is it Fiberplast? Either way, if it is capped and contributes towards the stats called for by the schematic, yes, then it would help upping the weighed average. How much and if enough, that depends.

/Zimoon

HyperDragon
Novice Crafter

Post by HyperDragon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:10 pm

So for example a heavy mineral harvester I would want to cap hopper, if my steel is 950 my iron is 960 and my chemical is 970 (# is for all stats) then it should come out capped for the hopper stat?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:12 pm

I assume you by "# is for all stats" mean "# is for all relevant stats", that is HR, MA, SR, and UT since you also wanted the hopper size. And that "#" is average over the 4 stats.

Next thing to consider is the "weighed average":
Total units of resources: 1900 (components are not counted)
Steel counts with the weight 400/1900 ~ 21%
Metal counts with the weight 1100/1900 ~ 58%
Chem counts with the weight 400/1900 ~21%

Thus, it is possible for the Chem to help up the Steel; the Steel degrades about 10% and the Chem ups about 10%, but only on those stats that the Chemical has. No Chemical has HR.

In essence, what we try to say is that "sure, a chem might possibly up the loss from a not-brilliant steel, but it depends on the stats".

If I was you I would concentrate on the BER and only hope for a good hopper size. Only when you have an abundance of experimentation boxes and plenty awesome resources I would bother with the hopper. Later, when I have stocked up I would bother and then sell off my older fleet of harvies.

/Zimoon

HyperDragon
Novice Crafter

Post by HyperDragon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:53 am

I only said hopper because i saw chemical had no HR and that is 1/4 of the BER, the only capped steel that ive seen is always on mustafar but i dont have that expansion yet, and i would have to hand sample over 4k of the quantity I want.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:07 pm

HyperDragon wrote:I only said hopper because i saw chemical had no HR and that is 1/4 of the BER, the only capped steel that ive seen is always on mustafar but i dont have that expansion yet, and i would have to hand sample over 4k of the quantity I want.
OK, in that case the Chem might boost your result according to its stats.

Yes, it sometimes takes a while to find that awesome steel you want, and all by a sudden 2 or 3 spawns overlapping each other. Randomness at its best 8)

4k is hand-sampled in a few hours having a good macro. Should you also have completed the resource scavenger pet collection you do it the quicker. I left my toon at Mustafar over a few nights and have a few 100k Steel, but now when I have the stock and can machine harvest what I want when it spawns I am never sampling at Mustafar. I cannot recommend you buy that expansion just for sampling, possibly if you also want the Chu Gon Dar cube.

Fingers crossed you will soon see a decent spawn then :)

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Zimoon wrote:
HyperDragon wrote:I only said hopper because i saw chemical had no HR and that is 1/4 of the BER, the only capped steel that ive seen is always on mustafar but i dont have that expansion yet, and i would have to hand sample over 4k of the quantity I want.
OK, in that case the Chem might boost your result according to its stats.

Yes, it sometimes takes a while to find that awesome steel you want, and all by a sudden 2 or 3 spawns overlapping each other. Randomness at its best 8)

4k is hand-sampled in a few hours having a good macro. Should you also have completed the resource scavenger pet collection you do it the quicker. I left my toon at Mustafar over a few nights and have a few 100k Steel, but now when I have the stock and can machine harvest what I want when it spawns I am never sampling at Mustafar. I cannot recommend you buy that expansion just for sampling, possibly if you also want the Chu Gon Dar cube.

Fingers crossed you will soon see a decent spawn then :)

/Zimoon
I think I am going to have to change my macro then! I have been getting 40k or so on a 60%-70% spawn in 24 hours. I have been meaning to tweak it and set actual timers, but there are a bunch of excuses why I haven't :!: .
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:22 pm

For clarity, it was day & nights for a few days.

I think I averaged my toon to over BER 65 or something, it was a while back. But now you make me uncertain, did i have just one or did I have two toons there? Cannot recall, but I know I still have over 100k left and I have used it for a full factory run of Fusion harvies plus a few dozen Elites by hand.

Either way, hand-sampling is not my favorite and OP does not have ToOW so ...

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Zimoon wrote:For clarity, it was day & nights for a few days.

I think I averaged my toon to over BER 65 or something, it was a while back. But now you make me uncertain, did i have just one or did I have two toons there? Cannot recall, but I know I still have over 100k left and I have used it for a full factory run of Fusion harvies plus a few dozen Elites by hand.

/Zimoon
Agreed, we have gone off OP... gotta love open exchange of thoughts :mrgreen:

To follow up on the OP, is there a tool that I have missed that can compare the results of a build using different resources in inventory? (if that didn't make sense I will try to explain my question.)

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:09 pm

fridge33sam wrote:

/Zimoon

To follow up on the OP, is there a tool that I have missed that can compare the results of a build using different resources in inventory? (if that didn't make sense I will try to explain my question.)
I understand you as you want to see the combined result from some chosen resources in a specific schematic.

I have deliberately not looked into that, not to be accused of copy-cat in SWGAide, but I have seen the Structure Senator Andhanni mention a tool, something such as Archie's Little Helper or alike.

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Zimoon wrote:
fridge33sam wrote:

/Zimoon

I understand you as you want to see the combined result from some chosen resources in a specific schematic.

I have deliberately not looked into that, not to be accused of copy-cat in SWGAide, but I have seen the Structure Senator Andhanni mention a tool, something such as Archie's Little Helper or alike.

/Zimoon
pshaw - copycats.. ugh, i hate when people get catty like that. :?

Archie's little helper? I guess I will have to try that. I just d-loaded swgaide, but on the wrong computer, didn't realize it read game files!

I look forward to trying it on my main pc.

/slakkarr

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:58 pm

HyperDragon wrote:So for example a heavy mineral harvester I would want to cap hopper, if my steel is 950 my iron is 960 and my chemical is 970 (# is for all stats) then it should come out capped for the hopper stat?
Only if your assembly etc is high enough. You still won't cap it if you are only level 50 for example.

those stats are more than enough to cap the hopper if you have a good crafting station, a good crafting kit, and enough structural assembly and experimentation.