Solar or Geothermal

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

HyperDragon
Novice Crafter

Solar or Geothermal

Post by HyperDragon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:29 pm

Which one is usually found in higher concentrations?
Generi Ige, Chilastra, former entertainer, currently structures trader.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Solar or Geothermal

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:53 pm

First off, Lunariels guide in http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70 does not include Geothermal, but it states that Solar is in the "low concentration" group, that is <= 70%.

I'd assume Geothermal can be a lot higher.

However, I am puzzled why you even ask. Please scatter the clouds since that as far as I know the two has nothing in common except for the "energy" aspect.

If it is energy you are asking for, then it is the higher classes of Radioactive you want; the reason is read in comparing the information on PE in the higher classes of Radioactive read in http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/resource_info.php?res=79 and the second last section in http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... 1650#p1650.

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:09 am

Well just speculating here, but could it be that HyperDragon can make medium harvesters, but not yet make heavy harvesters and is asking which medium harvester will be the best energy harvester till he can get a Heavy Fusion Harvester? If so the answer is a Medium Mineral Harvester and harvest radioactives. Radioactives are such a superior energy source that you should always use them over any other.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:27 am

Good thought S, good thought. Yes, radioactive is the power source, the higher classes anyway, and that is due to the caps on PE, not only an upper caps but also lower caps that warrant a minimum PE. That plus the power-bonus described in the guide that turns PE over 500 into an even better power source, twice as good in best case.

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:22 pm

But don't you want to save the good radioactive stuff for crafting and not for energy?
I stopped myself from using my pool of high OQ radioactive stuff even though I had a lot of it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:56 pm

You are correct, if the schematics call for Radioactive with high PE.

But if you are lucky some Radioactive spawns with only high PE, making your life easier :D

/Zimoon

GymQuirk
Novice Crafter

Post by GymQuirk » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Zimoon wrote:You are correct, if the schematics call for Radioactive with high PE.

But if you are lucky some Radioactive spawns with only high PE, making your life easier :D

/Zimoon
e.g. the current high grade polymetric radioactive spawn on Bria: 818 PE, 201 OQ. Nice for powering stuff, not so much for proton torpedoes.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:20 pm

GymQuirk wrote:
Zimoon wrote:You are correct, if the schematics call for Radioactive with high PE.

/Zimoon
e.g. the current high grade polymetric radioactive spawn on Bria: 818 PE, 201 OQ. Nice for powering stuff, not so much for proton torpedoes.
Exactly, and each unit added to a harvester or factory just withdraws 0.611 units from the crate. The closer to 1000 the better :)

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Yeah I have like 51k of Radioactives with like 400 OQ but 900+ PE so thats the stuff I use to power my harvesters.