artisan assembly is for all traders?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

kissakias
Novice Crafter

artisan assembly is for all traders?

Post by kissakias » Sun May 24, 2009 9:48 pm

I search and see all those assembly and experimentations and i don't know something

so here i the list as i find them and put them in profs

assembly/experimentation profession
======================================
armor ammunition
weapon ammunition
clothing domestic
food domestic
droid engineer
power systems shipwright
shield shipwright
weapon systems shipwright
engine shipwright
booster shipwright
structure structure
advanced [component] shipwright (capacitors and droid interfaces and Cargo Holds)
chassis shipwright (Ship chassis and armor)

artisan ???????

Since artisan assembly is in all trader's expertise, does it count in all as a bonus assembly?

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Re: artisan assembly is for all traders?

Post by Reeth » Mon May 25, 2009 2:36 am

kissakias wrote:Since artisan assembly is in all trader's expertise, does it count in all as a bonus assembly?
No. Each kind of Trader has some items they can make that use the Artisan skills instead of their profession specifics, only those items benefit from the Artisan expertise. There is no connection between Artisan Assembly/Experimentation and the Trader's other skills.

For example, a Structures Trader will use only their Structure Assembly/Experimentation points while making a Moisture Vaporator, but Artisan Assembly/Experimentation for making a Personal Moisture Vaporator. This can sometimes be confusing as it's not always obvious which skill a schematic requires.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon May 25, 2009 3:49 am

Artisan skills are a visage of an older version of our game. Im sure you have heard talk about the the "NGE" and "Pre NGE". Simply put, the NGE (New Game Experience) was a total revamp of this game. We are now playing SWG II and not the original (Pre NGE) game. Originally this was a skill based game and character skill sets were totally customizable. Artisan skills were the beginning skills of the lines that led to higher level crafting skills such as Architect, Weaponsmith, Tailor etc. When the NGE came, we went from a "be anything you want game" to a "choose one of our nine professions game". A lot more thought and effort was put into the new Combat professions then the new Trader professions. For the NGE Trader Classes, the devs simply "cut and pasted" skills out of the old skill sets into the new. This is why we see all Trader professions with some of the old Artisan skills as their foundational skills, then two of the old advanced skill sets (Structures: Architect and Shipwright, etc.)

In my view, what we have now is a total mess. I would like to see it cleaned up into one over all skill called "Crafting", so there would only be a "Crafting Assembly Skill" and a "Crafting Experimentation Skill". Failing that, then I would at least like to see just four separate Skills for "Structures Assembly and Experimentation", "Domestic Assembly and Experimentation", "Munitions Assembly and Experimentation" and "Engineering Assembly and Experimentation".

kissakias
Novice Crafter

Post by kissakias » Mon May 25, 2009 11:54 am

Thank you both, i know the story of pre-nge
but i thought they left it for better chance to have a socketed item
so better stick in shirt/weapon/chest the assembly+experimentation+luck for every trader

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 25, 2009 1:26 pm

kissakias wrote:Thank you both, i know the story of pre-nge
but i thought they left it for better chance to have a socketed item
so better stick in shirt/weapon/chest the assembly+experimentation+luck for every trader
For a "warranted" socket you want 160+ Tailor/Armoursmith/Weaponsmith Assembly. Nothing else matters.

However, in your crafting suit you want X Experimentation+Luck for the experimenting :)

/Zimoon

kissakias
Novice Crafter

Post by kissakias » Mon May 25, 2009 1:34 pm

i meant to put all those 3 in 1 shirt for a specific trader (example domestic)
and for another trader to put the specific 3 for his prof (example ammunition)
only to not have many shirts/w/chests for every one of them

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon May 25, 2009 5:20 pm

If you were making an artisan item and wanted it to have a socket, for instance a "Survival Knife", then Artisan Assembly Skill would be the buff that you want.