Military Stimpack (GCW) on a Trader?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

gosh
Novice Crafter

Military Stimpack (GCW) on a Trader?

Post by gosh » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:04 am

Is this possible?

I'm trying to figure out how to make my quasi-combat trader work, having some sort of heal would be nice. However, the only Stimpack D's left on Starsider are either incredibly weak, or retardedly pricey. I can't figure out how a trader would get access to the GCW stimpacks (besides respeccing combat and grinding that out).

Any ideas? Something I'm overlooking?
Dimon Exi Master SW/GE Gosh Krux Master Mando
Phlimey Ogatoo Master Chef/Tailor Samirah Lightmist Noob Medic
Fanntom Monstar Master Munitions Niivah Notion Master Entertainer
Rawrgle Flakes Master DE Krushim Noob BH/BM

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Military Stimpack (GCW) on a Trader?

Post by Trixie9819 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:43 pm

There's a discussion somewhere on SOE forums about trader generals. Some use the basebust (exploit or strategy, depending on your point of view) but there was one guy who pointed out that you can get and hold your GCW ranks via space combat and NPCs.

I suck at space so I didn't follow the discussion too well, but that would let you do it, and I'm considering taking my traders factional just so I can have access to the GCW banners (luck) etc. But I don't want to do basebusting (I'd only do it and keep one trader rank up) and I suck at space, so I don't know what else I could do.

As for PVE, get a Heal on Hit (brain fade, can't remember the real name and that shames me) and full luck, this will give you an automatic heal chance of almost 40% (I believe) and will keep you alive. Combat pet, even with 2 points in BM, very good armor and a very good weapon. Stims, as you say and some of the food/drink.

Someday (soon tm) I will be taking my traders to hunt krayts. It will be amusing, but I think I can do it with a little bit of help and the right macros.

gosh
Novice Crafter

Post by gosh » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Trixie9819 wrote:There's a discussion somewhere on SOE forums about trader generals. Some use the basebust (exploit or strategy, depending on your point of view) but there was one guy who pointed out that you can get and hold your GCW ranks via space combat and NPCs.
Yea I saw the same thing. I'm an ace pilot on most of my toons, so I planned on grinding faction in space, but then I found out that the med stimpacks are from controlling ground bases, rather than somethign you unlock at a faction rank.
Trixie9819 wrote:As for PVE, get a Heal on Hit (brain fade, can't remember the real name and that shames me) and full luck, this will give you an automatic heal chance of almost 40% (I believe) and will keep you alive. Combat pet, even with 2 points in BM, very good armor and a very good weapon. Stims, as you say and some of the food/drink.
This is exactly what I'm doing right now. I got almost-capped assault armor with kinetic layers, fully sea'd with glancing (melee), cabrine crit, and lots of luck/pre/agi, and carrying a custom just-about-capped elite carbine (heavy weapons is always an option, but there are just so few that a trader can use, and most of them are flame range 20m). Ent buff with heals, luck, and kinetic defense (been playing around with the 7% glancing buff as well), got chu-gon dar cube made buff stims and buff food. The heal stims I'm lacking in, as I was only able to find some gimpy D stimpacks (600pt heal) and those other healing items that work over time (drawing a blank on the name, but you can get a tick in while in combat). Right now I'm rolling with a droid, but I'm starting work on a new pet to replace it.

So really, the only two areas I could buff up is heals and my pet. I think?

Mind you, I call him a combat-trader, but he's not, and I'm not trying to make a trader pvp-viable. I would like to be able to harvest DNA without too many problems, as well as make myself as useful as I can in a hyrdo-hunting party. Being able to solo Krayts at some point would be a nice perk, but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks for the comments/ideas, love to have any more anyone can come up with.

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:02 am

I'm also curious which server :)

Starsider and TCP for me, but I have a few toons on others.

atox
Apprentice Crafter

Post by atox » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm

not sure if im reading this correctly. you are looking for healing stims? if so hit up an officer for a supply drop. there are 2 stacks in the standard crate. and i believe with expertise points you get more stacks and stronger stims.

gosh
Novice Crafter

Post by gosh » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:36 am

Trixie9819 wrote:I'm also curious which server :)

Starsider and TCP for me, but I have a few toons on others.
Starsider ftw. I have a entire clan of toons there, this post refers to one of my two "main"s, Dimon. Feel free to hit me up in game to bs/fight/etc etc. (Gosh, Dimon, Rawrgle, Fanntom, Phlimey, Krushim, Niivah - I'm bound to be on one of them)
atox wrote:not sure if im reading this correctly. you are looking for healing stims? if so hit up an officer for a supply drop. there are 2 stacks in the standard crate. and i believe with expertise points you get more stacks and stronger stims.
Apparently I need an officer friend. I haven't had a group of buds in SWG in years, mostly just keep to myself and the wifey. So if it's outside of Mando/Nub Medic/Traders/Ent I'm pretty clueless. I guess I have to be social! Agh!

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:47 am

Starsidergalaxy.com

Roleplayer's forum, you can hook up with officers there, tell them Trixie lured..um...told you about it. You'll see me over there a LOT, lol.

I have an officer, but she's only 67 right now. I have a medic but only 41, so I'm not much help yet.

gosh
Novice Crafter

Post by gosh » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:06 am

Trixie9819 wrote:Starsidergalaxy.com

Roleplayer's forum, you can hook up with officers there, tell them Trixie lured..um...told you about it. You'll see me over there a LOT, lol.

I have an officer, but she's only 67 right now. I have a medic but only 41, so I'm not much help yet.
Sweet. I've had that url in my bookmarks for awhile now, but never actually scanned it over, and since I'm not much of an RP'r, never really signed up. Now I've looked it over a bit deeper and I see a very large OOC section, hooray! (Not that I have an issue with RP, just not been my cup of tea - so far anyways). It's always great to find places to bs with SS and SWG ppl, outside of the sony forums, which sadly suck so bad anymore.

penumbralheart
Novice Crafter

Post by penumbralheart » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Trixie9819 wrote:There's a discussion somewhere on SOE forums about trader generals. Some use the basebust (exploit or strategy, depending on your point of view) but there was one guy who pointed out that you can get and hold your GCW ranks via space combat and NPCs.

I suck at space so I didn't follow the discussion too well, but that would let you do it, and I'm considering taking my traders factional just so I can have access to the GCW banners (luck) etc. But I don't want to do basebusting (I'd only do it and keep one trader rank up) and I suck at space, so I don't know what else I could do.

As for PVE, get a Heal on Hit (brain fade, can't remember the real name and that shames me) and full luck, this will give you an automatic heal chance of almost 40% (I believe) and will keep you alive. Combat pet, even with 2 points in BM, very good armor and a very good weapon. Stims, as you say and some of the food/drink.

Someday (soon tm) I will be taking my traders to hunt krayts. It will be amusing, but I think I can do it with a little bit of help and the right macros.

great post...i've been gone for a bit and things have changed since launch a bit...heh...

not to get too OT, but what is a good combat pet for an artisan or an ent? i fancy feline types, but i'm open?

i use my droid to distract/defend when i'm trying to survey or drop harvestors and it works well, but i'd like a combat pet--so i'd appreciate any advice--especially on pricing because i've seen a whole range of prices for basically the same thing...

finally i hear about 60 point pets vs 50ish... what do i need if i'm not going full out ground pvp?

thanks