My first entry

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

lat00uk
Novice Crafter

My first entry

Post by lat00uk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:16 am

I added my first entry into the swgcraft database last night.... YAY ME.

Do I need to do anything to the entry when the resource disappears?.

Obviously I know that resources only spawn for a few days or weeks, but will that resource spawn again on the same planet? and if so is it randomly generated spawn point?

Cheers.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: My first entry

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:59 am

Welcome around :D

No, a resource that has despawned will never ever spawn again. This is discussed in detail in the Beginners Guide in this forum board.

Moved to a more appropriate forum :)

/Zimoon

Ce'Nedra
Novice Crafter

Post by Ce'Nedra » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:59 pm

lat00uk wrote:I added my first entry into the swgcraft database last night.... YAY ME.

Cheers.
Again, welcome. When you submit a resources replacement (which I'm sure you will), it will automagically mark the older one as unavailable.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Ce'Nedra wrote:
lat00uk wrote:I added my first entry into the swgcraft database last night.... YAY ME.

Cheers.
Again, welcome. When you submit a resources replacement (which I'm sure you will), it will automagically mark the older one as unavailable.
Or another contributor noticing that resource has despawned and another has taken its place will mark it as no longer available. Unavailable resources are still kept in our database though, so your contribution will live on. :D

If you see your resource, or any other, is no longer available, you are welcome to update it. Knowing a resource is no longer in spawn is often as valuable as knowing when new ones do spawn.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Ce'Nedra wrote:... When you submit a resources replacement (which I'm sure you will), it will automagically mark the older one as unavailable.
This is true only for all Organic resources, nor the Inorganic as they do not "replace" each other.

If the Devs at this site have made it so the JTL replaces each other, which they do, I actually do not know.

/Zimoon