harvester vs hand sampling numbers?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Re: harvester vs hand sampling numbers?

Post by Tech Twin » Fri May 15, 2009 4:26 am

scepe wrote:please can someone help i have tried both the macros mentioned and i cant get the ui action lines to work to dismiss the pop ups and to trigger the scavenger buff

Thanks Trixie... I have corrected the typo. Check the capitalization on ui action commands. They are one of the few cases were caps matters. I've double checked my macro and it should work perfect now. The caps on Zimoon's macro are also correct (no reason to think otherwise, lol).
Last edited by Savacc on Fri May 15, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not discuss 3rd party programs for SWG please.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Reeth » Fri May 15, 2009 4:48 am

Trixie9819 wrote:now that they turned double XP on TCP again, I've been working on getting my toons there ready for my hand sampling experiments. I have 1 toon to create and get from 5 to 50, and then I have to get three of them that are at 42 now to levels 60, 70, and 80 respectively, then I'll be set. I don't know if I have enough resources for that, but I guess we'll find out.
Have you considered using TestCenter for this sort of test instead of Prime? The character builder terminals make setting up specific character attributes like this quite easy. Saves on grinding the levels, but you may want your TCPrime characters levelled up anyway though, in which case forget I said anything. :wink:

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Fri May 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Since we are talking about sampling mostly here:

I have been AFK sampling water on Talus. I don't have a pet for this toon so I have been using a droid for the /follow part (thanks to all that shared that!) so I haven't been drifting like before. However this morning while I was frantically getting ready for work I noticed that I was getting only fails on the samples. I didn't have time to really study the situation, other than check the survey tool to see if there was still a concentration and it was there like before, but I did see that I had not really gathered anything in the previous 4 hours or so. I had about 33k of the resource.

Any ideas or guess as to what happened or what I can fix? I don't have my macro handy (I'm at work 8) so I can't show what I'm using, but it seems to be a mix of all of the above.

Thanks in advance!
/slakkarr
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:56 pm

Sometimes, for no reason that anyone knows, you get a bug that leaves you either not sampling (despite the macro) or not getting anything when you do sample.

Most people say that logging completely out for 10-20 minutes, then back in again should reset the problem. It's worked for me in the past when I've had this problem, where as logging out for just 30 seconds didn't fix it that time.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Fri May 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Additionally, I've also notice times the pet buff doesn't seem to work. Just one of them things.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sat May 16, 2009 7:08 pm

OIC, a ghost in the system...
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Sun May 17, 2009 12:56 am

This is what I'm doing currently

9 Traders, levels 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. Tenth toon is a buffing Ent to work as a 'control' for non-trader comparison. She is level 90.

No expertise, I cleared all skill modifier clothing (after my first test run) and I have the following macro running, which I will modify as I get the timing expertise.

/sample;
/pause 2;
/ui action defaultButton;
/pause 5;
/pause 5;
/pause 5;
/pause 5;
/pause 5;
/pause 5;
/macro sample

This hits the default button every 5 seconds (obviously) and gets the sample command within a maximum of 32 seconds and a minimum of 7 seconds. The first being one complete missed cycle plus 2 seconds (to account for lag, I am running 10 accounts on one system after all)

Things I'm tracking.

Action points total
approx action used in a sample
approx time to regenerate all action
How many cycles
How many resources
How many failures
How many high quality (or whatever it's called) samples
I will also have information on how many time they got 5 resources, how many times they got 12, etc. through the logs and excel. I will have exactly what order they got the resources, but if you want that, let me know I'll send you the logs and you can parse it out in excel.

This is the baseline, no buffs, no expertise, no pet, no food/drink, no survey bonuses from old suits. I'm running a 3 hour test, much more than that and I'm afraid my system will crash before I can save the logs. But I figure 3 hours will give a decent sampling (no pun intended) being approximately 360 samples (30 seconds per sample at this level)

Does anyone see any flaws in my methods? Any suggestions for something else to check that might be interesting?

I'm at a 77% spawn, I was thinking to drop a personal harvester on the exact spot to get the exact number, but that would make me travel too far from a spaceport and take too long to set up. As it is, it took me about 2 hours and three crashes to get all ten accounts set where I wanted them to be with the right expertise (ie no expertise) and the macros and the chat tabs. The subsequent tests will be faster, since I have them all set up now.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Mon May 18, 2009 5:20 am

Dang sounds like you've got a good handle on it. I'd have given by now, lol.