New Trader

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Graves
Novice Crafter

New Trader

Post by Graves » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:40 pm

When looking at the stats of resources I was told to only look at the OQ and ST is this true? Or should I be looking at all the stats? I'm a new AS just to let you know what resources I'm looking for. Also when I find a resource on SWGcraft where is the WP listing to go check it out?

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Re: New Trader

Post by Tinsel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Graves wrote:When looking at the stats of resources I was told to only look at the OQ and ST is this true? Or should I be looking at all the stats? I'm a new AS just to let you know what resources I'm looking for. Also when I find a resource on SWGcraft where is the WP listing to go check it out?
For armorsmiths, OQ and SR will be enough for most of what you can make. UT used to factor into condition, but armor no longer decays, so this is a useless stat. CON is also a factor in the recharge of PSGs, as I recall. However: depending on how much time you have, how many free lots you have, how interested you are in collecting resources, you might consider broadening your scope, once you're used to what's required for armorsmithing. There's a fortune to be made in knowing which resources are valuable to other traders, and very often you'll be glad you stockpiled stuff you don't use, if ever you want to trade for something you do, or even switch professions altogether.

This Armorsmith Component/Schematic Listing thread on the official SOE forums might be of great use to you. The first part lists all of the schematics and their resource and experimentation requirements; the second lists all of the resources required by armorsmiths, in alphabetical order, with gates for relevant stats.

If I understand the second question right, you're asking for specific waypoints, not just the planet(s) on which the resource is currently located, and that is far beyond the purview of SWGCraft. For that, you'll need to get your survey tool and dig up your own waypoints, or join a resource group (if one exists) that shares or trades such waypoints on your server. If I've misunderstood the abbreviation then apologies in advance. :)
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:07 pm

First of all....Welcome to SWGCraft. It is the Premier site for all things crafting.

Now on to your questions. The first thing you should do is read this http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/guides.php?id=3 and then download Zimoons SWGAide tool. It is an Awesome tool that no trader should be without. It tracks all the resource spawns and allows alot of filtering to find what your looking for.
It can be found at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/SWGAide

As a general rule yes...most Armorsmith resources are OQ/SR 50%50%. However, you are in luck. I recently redid the armorsmith Guards for SWGAide. it includes some of the 33/33/33 resources and it will alert you when a good AS resource spawns. Found at http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... =11&t=1532

As to the final question....there isnt a WP. Once you have found the resource you want, go to one of the planets it has spawned at and use your survey tool to find a spawn with the highest concentration that you can. then either place a harvestor or sample away.

If you need any more help, feel free to post your questions here

Graves
Novice Crafter

Post by Graves » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Ty very much. You answered everything perfectly!! TY again!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Moved to the General Crafting forum as the other forum is rather for discussing issues and improvements on this site. No harm done though :)

Welcome around and happy to see you here :D

/Zimoon