Placing attachment on pre-CU clothing with the same mod

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Sac
Novice Crafter

Placing attachment on pre-CU clothing with the same mod

Post by Sac » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:11 pm

G'day Guys,

I've recently been given some clothing items that have mods that were placed on them by pre-CU tapes. One specifically is a shirt which has 3 mods on it, one of which is Weapon Experimentation 9. The shirt has an open socket and the shirt's name is in yellow text.

The $64000 question is: if I place a Shirt Attachment with Weapon Experimentation, Assembly and Luck on it, will the Experimentation stack or will the old mods be wiped by the new ones?

You can see the importance of getting the right answer on this one, so if anyone knows for sure, I'd really appreciate an answer because I'm keen to give these new additions to my suit a try.

(I know if the mods are different they'll add to it with no problems. My concern is using the same mods).

Regards,
Sac

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Placing attachment on pre-CU clothing with the same mod

Post by Belisama » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Sac wrote:(I know if the mods are different they'll add to it with no problems. My concern is using the same mods)
I am nearly sure that the same mod will *not* stack. Thatwas true pre-NGE - and i doubt that they changed it.
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Beli is correct, they do not stack. What is new is that newly crafted armor and weapons that is crafted with an inherent modifier in the crafting process will stack.

Another issue is that much of pre-NGE items that state they have a socket, the socket is most often dysfunctional. It must read its name in yellow/green while looking at it in the inventory for the socket to really work. Annoying but ...

/Zimoon

Sac
Novice Crafter

Post by Sac » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

The name of the shirt is in yellow so I'm pretty confident it will take the new attachment if I dropped it on there. The concern is, if they don't stack as you say, whether the Exp 8 on the attachment will add to or wipe the Exp 9 which is already on it.

So the way I read what you're saying is "don't drop an attachment with Experimentation on the shirt that already has Experimentation on it". In that case am I best off just using my standard shirt with Exp 8/Assem 11 on it for the initial craft and then putting on the shirt with Exp 9 for the experimentation rolls?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Sounds good to me :)
/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Too bad the old SEA is on a shirt. :( If it had been on a hat, belt, pants, gloves etc. you would have been good to go, but who could have known? :?

Sac
Novice Crafter

Post by Sac » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Savacc wrote:Too bad the old SEA is on a shirt. :( If it had been on a hat, belt, pants, gloves etc. you would have been good to go, but who could have known? :?
Oh the other items I was given include hat, boots, belt and pants with a range of Weapon Experimentation on them also :P . I suppose I was getting greedy and hoping I could drop another 8 Exp onto the shirt too.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:44 am

Sac wrote:Thanks for the quick replies guys.

The name of the shirt is in yellow so I'm pretty confident it will take the new attachment if I dropped it on there. The concern is, if they don't stack as you say, whether the Exp 8 on the attachment will add to or wipe the Exp 9 which is already on it.

So the way I read what you're saying is "don't drop an attachment with Experimentation on the shirt that already has Experimentation on it". In that case am I best off just using my standard shirt with Exp 8/Assem 11 on it for the initial craft and then putting on the shirt with Exp 9 for the experimentation rolls?
Well, I had some pre-nge armor that did not have a yellow name but had a socket and a CS fixed it for me.

The response I got was this:

Some old armor created prior to the new attachments being added to the game unfortunately won't work with the new SEA's. However I was able to force the +35 luck stat onto each composite armor item and I removed the two SEA's. We appreciate your patience with this matter.

If you experience any further issues please submit a new ticket and we will do our best to assist you further.

Regards,

Senior GM
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html