JTL Resource Caps... Question.

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

JTL Resource Caps... Question.

Post by Imperial Outpost » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:01 pm

I've got my head around most of the calculations regarding resource caps, but I can't work out how the JTL resources fit in there.

For example, the one that got me thinking is the copper in a Generator Turbine. It requires 250 units and is 100% on the UT. So, copper in general is capped at 800 for UT, but the JTL copper on Tarquinas at the minute is 849 UT. Does that mean if I use it in the Generator Turbine schematic which only asks for copper it effectively counts as UT 1000, or do the JTL resources not work in the same way as the others...

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - I promise I did a through search first! lol!

Oh - and great site by the way!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: JTL Resource Caps... Question.

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:12 pm

If it asks for Copper it will ask for UT at 800, and for example the JTL copper may surpass that. It will still cap at 100% and will not count as more. That is a reason JTL resources are sought after. However, since Mustafarian Copper has a lower cap at 750 UT you will always find decent copper (> 93.75%) at Mustafar, if it is only UT you are after.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Thanks for asking, I just updated the Power Crafting chapter in the Beginners Guide for Traders with the reply on your question, see the ""JTL" resources" installment :)

/Z

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:35 pm

Thanks Zimoon! Much appreciated!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:20 pm

And I beg your pardon I missed the opportunity to congratulate you to your first post. Let me make it up for you and congrats to your second post.

Welcome around, in other words :D

/Zimoon