The Surveyor Bracelet, is there any point to having it once

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

The Surveyor Bracelet, is there any point to having it once

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:23 am

level 90?

I have been debating whether to continue carrying it around or drop it in the bank and let it gather dust, are there any advantages to having the extra 20 surveying?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: The Surveyor Bracelet, is there any point to having it once

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:46 am

Monty Burns wrote:level 90?

I have been debating whether to continue carrying it around or drop it in the bank and let it gather dust, are there any advantages to having the extra 20 surveying?
My guess it doesn't matter. The range does not expand further, it is capped at 320 meters. Hence only sampling rate can get boosted, and possibly the average yield from sampling.

So, easily figured out if you have the time: Find a good spot somewhere, start a sampling sequence for 60.00 minutes without the bracelet and read how much you gathered. Continue 60.00 minutes with the bracelet and read the new result. Any significant difference? If there is, or you believe there is, continue but let's say 4 hours a set.

While they are sampling you can easily time the sampling rate over let's say ten sampling events, right?

Please let us know your experience.

However, what we know for sure is that the Expertize works, but exactly how that is implemented we don't know.

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:50 am

Well for what its worth I have obtained the following results:

- 75% Concentration.
- No Buffs.
- All runs were one hour of hand sampling ±3s.

With Bracelet: (+20 Surveying)
Run 1: 3024 Units
Run 3: 3088 Units
Run 5: 3108 Units

Without Bracelet (+20 Luck one used in its place)
Run 2: 2580 Units
Run 4: 2516 Units
Run 6: 2692 Units

While there is a clear difference between the two sets of numbers I really cant see why there is a difference so I am still skeptical of these numbers.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:13 am

Looks like a 17% boost with the bracelet, quite consistent even if it was only 2 x 3 sets.

Why, since Surveying skill adds to the range up to its cap, it adds to the sampling as well. Now you did not tell us what the sampling rate was in the two cases, shouldn't take hours to figure out tho :)

I don't know if the survey skill affects the probability function for the yield, or if it affects the probability for failing, or both.

We know that the yield always differ, mainly with the concentration, but also between each one sampling event. It becomes the better the higher up the ladder the Trader is. So it is quite possible, even probable, that the skill affects the yield.

We know that the higher level Trader the less failings while sampling, so it is quite possible/probable that the skill affects this too, the less failings.

If it also affects the sampling rate, the time time between the samplings, then it will also affect the yield.

Thanks for taking the time for an initial investigation. A great start indeed.

If you, or anybody else, want to continue with this I'd suggest you turn on the chat log (either /chatlog or /logchat) and continues for one hour periods as mentioned before. Scrutinize the logs and see how the yields compare, also how the number of failings compare. Plus the rate of course.

Enjoy the weekend, now when you have got something to fill it with ;)

/Zimoon