SWG legends support

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

vri
Novice Crafter

SWG legends support

Post by vri » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:25 pm

So seeing this website brings back good times, curious if you will be offering its support to Swg Legends they have a server and the traders to boot

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: SWG legends support

Post by Savacc » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Have an admin contact Sobuno

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Having had a look at the Legends site, this is Reborn that has been renamed. Reborn was rumoured to have used copyrighted code stolen from SOE, which we do not condone. We will not be supporting any server using stolen code.

Egelad
Novice Crafter

Post by Egelad » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:47 am

the reason for project-name-change was NOT in cause of using stolen code!! (where did you get this info? lol) in fact there is NO stolen code !!

the reason for "change everything" was trouble between the devs. different priorities for development and some kiddie-like "whinings" as well.

But now the server works fine and more and more ppl play there.

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk is my favourite crafting side and it would be nice when the current ressources show up here.

So please think about it again to add swglegends (the best NGE-version of an emulator for this great game)

ty for thinking about it ;)

greetings from "germany-outer rim"

Egelad Baish :wink:

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:25 pm

The following are my opinions only and not in any way the position of SWGCraft.

My own research into SWG Reborn was that the code being used was not in fact "stolen" or "hacked" as was often being reported, but rather "given" to you by a former SOE employee. The legality and morality of that transaction can be questioned, but you are correct that no "theft" was involved, from what I was able to find.

I am in agreement that, for now, SWGCraft would be wise to not get involved with any server using this code. However, we should certainly keep an eye on your story/progress. If, after a length of time has transpired, we find that Disney has not attempted to enforce their IP rights regarding your server, it would be foolish of us to take a high moral stand that Disney is not interested in taking for themselves.

Again, just my thoughts on the subject.

xhara
Apprentice Crafter

Post by xhara » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:53 am

I was wondering if this was revisited. There is another server I'd love to see added to SWGCraft but it's also an NGE version (Stella Bellum).

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:54 am

Are they using the "Wittengeld" code (they would almost have to be to have a functioning NGE sever)?

I am not sure enough time has gone by for me to be OK with this, as I hinted may occur in an earlier post. Ultimately, Slyvampy owns this site and it is his call to make.

xhara
Apprentice Crafter

Post by xhara » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:22 am

I'll ask. They've been working on the server for 2+ years and are close to launching :-)

madshammy
Novice Crafter

Post by madshammy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Has there been anymore thought or input from Sobuno on adding this server. I really don't like GH.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:28 pm

madshammy wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:42 pm
Has there been anymore thought or input from Sobuno on adding this server. I really don't like GH.
There has still been no clarification regarding the code mentioned previously in this thread.