Savacc and the EMU

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Savacc and the EMU

Post by Savacc » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Finally made a char. Not sure which server Im on, there is only one right? I started in Theed, Naboo because that was always my old home base. I was surprised to see vehicles and player housing. I had heard they were not yet available. The bazaar wasnt working and I didnt see any vendors in my travels, that kind of makes for a sucky economy.
I had forgotten how much I hate leveling a new char. I started my first char at launch, so it didnt seem so bad back then, we were all leveling and discovering the game. All of my subsequent alts got help from my first char. I have discovered that missions do not pay enough to cover training, let alone new equipment (if I could find it). So far spamming for training has not gotten any response. I figure the population of the game is low, and new players a rarity. Did they take the need to train others out of the requirements for "master" levels?
So, anyone out there interested in helping me out? A friendly guild, vehicle, newbie weapons, help with missions, etc. that kind of thing. My char name is "Mi'To Adoligh"
Ill be on evenings Pacific time.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Savacc and the EMU

Post by HydroTek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 am

HydroTek and Nosvi are two of mine on Basilisk server ..hit me up for training, I will do what I can. Take a few delivery missions from Doaba Gurfel for 1400 creds or higher, those will get you some pocket money. I have found several willing to train for free or maybe a trade.

The server is fairly "fresh" there was a wipe not long back, I have only been playing since July 1, so I am not certain how far back the wipe was. There are frequent crashes and restarts. Also an IRC channel for server status is available, usually over 2000 players on the server.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters: HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

crucius
Novice Crafter

Post by crucius » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 am

I'm not going to say theed is dead. Its not, its just umm strange there . Try going to cnet . That's where I get everything I need. People in theed usually busy sampling or watching the dancers in the cantina. Hit me up if I can help I will ... crucius/rhyder ... maybe you can catch me online , usually on strange hours tho .

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 am

I've got Onyx, Whitley', Kyttn and Romi on Basilisk currently, and am more than happy to help with training. Feel free to add my characters to friends' lists. I'm still a bit flabbergasted that someone got my chef's name before I did. I'd never had that happen on any of the live servers but it was taken on Basilisk in less than three weeks. I dislike apostrophes, but had to use one for Whit's name lol.

The wipe was not quite a month ago but I came late to the party as well.

I actually keep marveling at Theed lol, it's so wonderful to see bunches of people again :)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 am

I have begun building my characters again as well, so far Montgomery Burns is back up and I will look at others over the next few days but I do not have a lot of time to throw at games currently.

Yeah I landed in Theed myself and there were people all over the place selling things and offering training, I doubt I saw that many people combined on Sunrunner in the last 6 months I played.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 pm

My impressions so far after a week or so:
  1. I had forgotten how much I loved this game
  2. I was pleased to see housing and vehicles after hearing they were not yet in the game
  3. I was surprised to find that harvesters can be improved by experimenting. In the original pre CU, this was not the case and I am glad to see the EMU is willing to add some "improvements".
  1. My number one complaint would be no Bazaar or vendors. This is a killer because it means the game has no functional economy. This should be the priority of the devs. It must be fixed.Hey they listened to me. The Bazaar is up now
  2. There are no droids or pets. You cant have Star Wars without droids. After crafting, Creature handler was my second love in SWG. I really want to do it again.
  3. Resource spawns are not following the original game, specifically, resources do not spawn on as many planets as they should be. For instance, there are what,14 irons that spawn? And only one is in spawn on Naboo. Most of the metals (steel, copper, allum, radioactive) used to spawn on 6-8 planets. On Basilisk they are only spawning on one or two. I would be really interested in hearing what the EMU devs thinking is on this.
  4. My last complaint would be that every resource currently in spawn is crap. But I remember the original game having long stretches of the same.