EMU/NGE VS CLASSIC

A board for general discussion of the various SWG Emulators

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: EMU/NGE VS CLASSIC

Post by Savacc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Send me a mail when you get in game to "Savacc", Im on both TC Nova and Basilisk. Ill get you a swoop and help you get started, well not on TC, the frog will give you what you need there. :roll:

That offer is not just for Memnoc, Ill help anyone who sees this.

Oldbugss
Novice Crafter

Post by Oldbugss » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:35 am

I have been on the Exile server over on this site. Not as populated but it is building.

http://www.spraticnet.com/index.php?start=4

Doctors buffing, cities popping up and lots of fun exploring the way it used to be!

Just began my crafting/resource obsession again. It's like coming home again.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Oldbugss wrote:I have been on the Exile server over on this site. Not as populated but it is building.

http://www.spraticnet.com/index.php?start=4

Doctors buffing, cities popping up and lots of fun exploring the way it used to be!

Just began my crafting/resource obsession again. It's like coming home again.
Took me a while to figure out what this is all about. The forums are locked, seem to have been for 3,4 months. The server is "loading". It seems to be a private server running SWGEMU code. The earliest forum dates were from 2006, so it apparently has been around a long time.
There was a forum post about SWGCraft. They say they dont need us, have there own resource reporting site/system. Actually, in 2006 we would have not supported them if they asked anyway, though we would now.
I would be interested in hearing more about Exile. The main question would be, why Exile instead of Basilisk?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Savacc wrote:There was a forum post about SWGCraft. They say they dont need us, have there own resource reporting site/system. Actually, in 2006 we would have not supported them if they asked anyway, though we would now.
They actually did ask a while back and have been added to the list of servers

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:04 am

Sobuno wrote:
Savacc wrote:There was a forum post about SWGCraft. They say they dont need us, have there own resource reporting site/system. Actually, in 2006 we would have not supported them if they asked anyway, though we would now.
Wow, I never noticed. :shock:

I see the only updater is SWGCraft Parser. I assume you are "mining" whatever resource reporting system they had before us?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am

Savacc wrote:
Sobuno wrote:
Wow, I never noticed. :shock:

I see the only updater is SWGCraft Parser. I assume you are "mining" whatever resource reporting system they had before us?
It's the same import system as for the rest of the servers, so it's from GH :)

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey there. I was on the SWGEmu forums and noticed Savacc and thought I would pop back over here.

It has been a long time, but what can I do to help with SWGEmu and SWGCraft Project, to help with some merging.

I imagine some help with adding information on schematics, materials used, what to expect with % of experimentation?
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

thgilsrooc
Novice Crafter

Post by thgilsrooc » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:54 am

Goll wrote:
Savacc wrote:
Memnoc wrote:WHAT !!!! They need to hurry the hell up and finish the swgemu :evil:
It is actually very playable right now. Some important things are still missing: Space, but we played over a year before JTL was added, so it feeds my nostalgia to play only the ground game now. What I really miss are droids and pets, DE and CH.
I had to chip in here to agree. I'm in awe at how much work has been done since i last checked the emu out, it's playable now! Docs are buffing, ents are mind buffing and curing battle fatigue, people are shouting in Coronet selling their wares (droids are not active as they don't have the AI implemented as of yet, same as CH pets), you can grind up, pick and choose your template, just like the old days. Well worth a look if you miss the old style game, or even if you miss SWG at all. The monster is still the same, just different paths to get where you want to go.
I completely agree. I'm up to my neck in nostalgia ryht now. I like how the prof grinds aren't as bad as it was at release. Got to tka 0030 in 3 days, or roughly 5 hours of play.

Doc buffs aren't price set, the docs only ask for whatever you feel is right to pay. Same as entertainer buffs. The doc buff lines aren't in the starports as they used to be, but at med centers. People wait their time in line and the atmosphere is civil. You join the group to get buffed then run to do solo missions.

It's JUST like it was, with minor (unavoidable) differences.

I'm just waiting for BE to be coded in, as well as CH, so I can play my favorite crafting game.

Aerynne
Novice Crafter

Post by Aerynne » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:01 am

God, how I miss SWG. I was so happy to see this site still operating; I used to spend enough time here!

Does anyone know if any of the emulators out there plan to offer housing/player cities at some point? My town of Wrixwood Ford is much missed. :(

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 pm

SWGEmu has player housing and player cities. There are a few bugs with elections and whatnot, but that was true of SOE as well. Last I heard, Basilisk, the official "play" server was "capped" on cities, no openings for more. TC Nova, I believe, still has room for cities. In fact, there may be no limit on cities on TC for "testing" purposes. 0nyx would know for certain. :wink:

I was on "Project SWGs" website this week. They are trying to do an NGE emulator. They are, unfortunately, nowhere near having a server ready for people to play on, but said they have successfully "placed a house" on their testing environment. :mrgreen:

Aerynne
Novice Crafter

Post by Aerynne » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Savacc wrote:SWGEmu has player housing and player cities. There are a few bugs with elections and whatnot, but that was true of SOE as well. Last I heard, Basilisk, the official "play" server was "capped" on cities, no openings for more. TC Nova, I believe, still has room for cities. In fact, there may be no limit on cities on TC for "testing" purposes. 0nyx would know for certain. :wink:

I was on "Project SWGs" website this week. They are trying to do an NGE emulator. They are, unfortunately, nowhere near having a server ready for people to play on, but said they have successfully "placed a house" on their testing environment. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the info! I am now signed up and back on Corellia. I almost cried with happiness. :)

I may take you up on your offer of a swoop, if it is still open!

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:42 am

yes it is, contact me on Mi'to or Savacc