Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.12 Beta

Post by Rommel » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:36 pm

Zimoon wrote:Idea is noted, a manufacture tab. Possibly some other related ideas can go into such a tab too.
How about a harvester monitor, not high priority but would be cool.
I'll send you a PM with the spreadsheet I use.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:38 am

The other dev on the team is working on something and had some cool ideas. But please post your input as it might include something we never thought of :)
/Z

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Seems like that... just downloaded .13 Version... but I havent found anything new yet.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:12 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Seems like that... just downloaded .13 Version... but I havent found anything new yet.
From the history file on the SWGAide homepage:
0.7.13 Beta, Sep 17
Added a column displaying resource rating.
Fixed several bugs and added several features to the inventory panel.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.13 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:02 pm

SWGAide 0.7.13 was uploaded two hours ago (IRL caught me).

The new things is another column at the Current Resources page named Rate. It should show the rate for each resource, in the general case an average, but when filter values are present, or a guard is used, it should show the weight relative to 1000.

Right clicking a resource at the Current Resource page shows a dialog and you can add that resource to the inventory, or mark it as depleted at SWGCraft.

The Inventory now has filters at the bottom and it is possible to filter on characters.

We are aware of a bug with filters and guards that affects weighing and "calc no-stat". This will be addressed within a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience with new releases only days in between.

Finally, we encourage you to tell your Java skilled friends to contact me if they want to give a hand at the dev team.

Enjoy

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.14 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:22 pm

SWGAide 0.7.14 is available.

This update includes several fixes and some bugs regarding the current resources, guards, and inventory. Some was from your wish-list, for example the upper panel is now more flexible regarding its size.

Furthermore, now it is possible to freely choose coloring, and you can choose any text color as long as you choose black or white ;)

Removed the checkbox "Exp wgt" at the bottom row of the panel. SWGAide now understands when you enter values for experimental weights (their sum is close to 100), otherwise the values are considered plain filters. Weighed values will compute the quality of each one resource, shown at the column named "Rate", and sorted (assuming you are not sorting on something else). Plain filters will only show resources meeting the filter. Options, such as "Calc no-stat", are respected in both cases.

The rating column shows rates as the following:
  • If no values are entered at the bottom row and no guard is selected, the rating is an average of all stats of the resource, relative its cap.
  • If values at the bottom input fields form a weighed the rate is the exact quality of the resource relative the experimental weights.
  • If a plain filter is entered at the bottom row the rate is based on the filtering values, plus that only the filtered resources are visible.
  • Guards work in the same manner as described for weights and plain filters.
It is not totally clear to us if this is what is intuitive to you, feel welcome and discuss and argue what could be better. Especially so regarding the plain filter, which has no obvious "rate" to compute.

As always, we welcome bug reports and your feedback, and we welcome Java programmers :)

Cheers

Zimoon & Oarun

Teege-Odlo
Novice Crafter

Post by Teege-Odlo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:40 pm

Any chance we can get the same color codes on the inv as you use on the resource page?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:51 am

Teege-Odlo wrote:Any chance we can get the same color codes on the inv as you use on the resource page?
Naturally, it was a matter of time and fixing bugs. It comes :)

Welcome to this forum and congrats to your first post. SWGAide's top priority is to support this site by uploading/submission features, so it is god to see you here :D

/Zimoon

guijanitor
Novice Crafter

Post by guijanitor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:31 pm

I'm really looking forward to downloading and installing this app when I get home.

Is the Merchant's Friend part of this, or is it a seperate Application? The only app I ever used with SWG was SWGVendorSales, which I liked, however I don't want to start using it again unless it works along with SWGAide.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:13 pm

guijanitor wrote:I'm really looking forward to downloading and installing this app when I get home.

Is the Merchant's Friend part of this, or is it a seperate Application? The only app I ever used with SWG was SWGVendorSales, which I liked, however I don't want to start using it again unless it works along with SWGAide.
A feature very much like Merchants riend is included. U can imprt old mails from MF if you want to. Read the help files, press F1 while at the screens u want to know more about.

/Zimoon

Ahlora
Novice Crafter

Post by Ahlora » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:41 pm

Wow! I've been having a blast using SWGAide and ISD's ... well, until today ... lol.

I decided to be generous, having a friend who uses Flora resources but has job, kids and hubby and no time to do a lot of surveying. Since I saw quite a few 'old' resources listed for Chilastra I sent out 10 droids with Flora survey tools (I have no life so I have more time than my friend). Imagine my ... erm ... surprise when they came back showing 50 (yep, count em ... 50) flora resources that were not listed at SWGCraft :)

So, I take my trusty survey tool around the galaxy and get all the info and bring it back. My eyes are bleeding, but it's done <yawn>

LOL ... well, I still had fun and will do this more often so there are fewer to list :P

I said all that, though, to say this. When the droid came back from Talus, it showed a Talusian Evergreen Wood with the name 'S*%#@a' ... of course, when I went to Talus I discovered that this was probably Stitta, and it was already listed. Just thought you should know how it was reading it.

Keep up the good work ... Having come back to SWG after leaving shortly after launch (during the mad 'grind all 32 professions to unlock your slot' era) I am really having fun with it.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:38 am

Ahlora wrote:...Imagine my ... erm ... surprise when they came back showing 50 (yep, count em ... 50) flora resources that were not listed at SWGCraft :)
Good thing about flora is: It stay 7 - 21 days. Imagine all flora would have a 7 day shift also. You would never be ready with updating ;)
Ahlora wrote:So, I take my trusty survey tool around the galaxy and get all the info and bring it back. My eyes are bleeding, but it's done <yawn>
You know how to use a resource deed for checking stats ? :)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:09 am

Ahlora wrote:Talusian Evergreen Wood with the name 'S*%#@a'
This has nothing to do with SWGAide but how SWG treats "bad words". You can turn that filter off, in your in-game options you need to turn off the bad-word filtering, whatever that is called and wherever it is found.

So, S-titt-a is such a bad thing? Titt not even being on its own but embraced by s and a, ooh my :roll:

I did Flora for a long time at Gorath but am in the process of changing galaxy so .... I sent them out every 3rd day and usually it was about 20-25 new resources. And I always use the 30k resource deed to lookup resources. The long-list option in SWGAide sorts the list in the very same order is it read in the deed (thanks to Rommel).

I actually started a new account +6 months ago just to get another deed should I loose this one. OK, I had one other reason too, but it was not that I don't already had multiple accounts :P

You will get the deed once your account turns 6 months.

Hopefully there will be yet another update within days. Monitors are now added and works like a charm, so far. Adding colors to everything. I find small bugs or possible pot holes as I go so it is not a bad thing I don't have unlimited free time to make a quick release.

My co-developer is looking into another features after he helped me squash some bugs with resource weighting, and I am talking with yet another player. So, hopes are that SWGAide can pick up speed in the future, adding the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Have fun

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.15 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:06 am

SWGAide 0.7.15 is available.

This update contains resource monitors, that is, you can select resources to monitor and the feature will alarm when the resource(s) are reported as depleted. Right click the different lists for further options on how to use them.

SWGAide will alarm at startup and at every hourly update from SWGCraft for all galaxies you monitor. Please, do not abuse the monitors as they download the resource files in full from SWGCraft for the galaxies you monitor, hence using quite some bandwidth. Guards do only download the galaxy files and alert when you actively visit the galaxy, to avoid unwanted downloads and minimize waste of bandwidth. I have trust in your consideration.

Coloring is upgraded and now works for Current Resources, including the Rate column, and Inventory. The column age is now colored in a 4 level scheme: warranted life time, within 25% into expected life time, within second quarter of..., and more than average lifetime. The levels are taken from Lunariel's guide on resource shifts and I believe it is still up to date. Remember though, it is the report date that is used, not the real spawn date, so ...

Several bugs were discovered, none reported from you guys though, have you stopped using SWGAide or are you simply not reporting them? ;) :P

A major rework of the underlying data structures supporting the resource views and ISDroid handling is done. Please notify us if you experience anything weird. This task was done to ease future maintenance and allow for new developers to get into the code the quicker.

Future: We are planning the schematic support, but also small additions such as uploading single/creature resources using notes files, similar to the ISDroid res.txt. In parallel we are addressing small features and options you guys have asked for. So, stay tuned! Continue to request features! Continue to report bugs and issues!

If you find anything that would ease the support of this site, SWGCraft, please tell us. After all, it is SWGCraft that is the hub in all this :D

Cheers

Zimoon & Oarun