SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.9 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:53 pm

Fellows,
I know it has gone an awful long time since the last update but now it is finally on its way. The new feature will be the resource guards, which is the possibility to use filters which will optionally alarm if a resource is found that is better than the filter. Hence it may guard for new resource spawns of various classes and qualities.

However, I have implemented it as one set of guards per galaxy. Do you feel that it must be one set of guards per character? If so, elaborate a bit so I can see if it is worth to delay the release two extra days.

/Zimoon

milkiee
Novice Crafter

Post by milkiee » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:53 pm

heya,

Ok so I have a few questions after using swgaide for a few days now :p

1) When I /mailsave my ISD reports, then select them in swgaide, sometimes all the 4 sections of the ISD Screen in swgaide are blank? What does this mean? And if it is not listing them in SWG Aide how do I then create a res.txt?

2) On SWGcraft.co.uk some planets are not showing any resources at all....? Is this because no-one has submitted any resources for them planets yet? Is this what is affecting my first question?

3) Put simply...if the resources my ISD is bringing back, say for Lok, have never been input on SWGcraft will SWGAide not list them?

thanks,

milk
Perl & Milkiee - Infinity Elders
Creator Of http://www.swgreunited.com

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:13 am

milkiee wrote:heya,

Ok so I have a few questions after using swgaide for a few days now :p

1) When I /mailsave my ISD reports, then select them in swgaide, sometimes all the 4 sections of the ISD Screen in swgaide are blank? What does this mean? And if it is not listing them in SWG Aide how do I then create a res.txt?

2) On SWGcraft.co.uk some planets are not showing any resources at all....? Is this because no-one has submitted any resources for them planets yet? Is this what is affecting my first question?

3) Put simply...if the resources my ISD is bringing back, say for Lok, have never been input on SWGcraft will SWGAide not list them?

thanks,

milk
  1. If all four lists are blank, and you know for certain there are resources at that galaxy/planet that have depleted or are new and that they are not updated at SWGCraft, try to select any other character you have and select the ISDroid panel and then back again, that should enforce SWGAide to reload all mails for that character. Usually it reloads itself but I have seen it happen it does not but I have not been able to reproduce it consistently to debug it.

Another possibility is that everything at SWGCraft is up to date, then all fields are blank.
  2. SWGCraft is very much dependent on what you and others submit, yes. This should not affect SWGAide and how it works, on the contrary.
  3. On the contrary, the less resources "known" at SWGCraft the more in the lists at SWGAide.
SWGAide works as this: it downloads everything current for the galaxy the ISDroids are about (normally the galaxy you chose in the Options>>SWGCraft); it compares the ISDroid reports with the content of the download and anything in the download that is not in the reports is considered depleted (this is tricky if you did not send out droids for all 10 planets), and anything in the reports that is not in the download is considered new; planet availability is compared the same way; resources in the download that lack stats are listed in the 4th list.

In essence, if nothing is listed at SWGCraft for you galaxy you would see all resources mentioned in the droid reports. And if SWGCraft is 100% up-to-date nothing at all will show in the ISDroid panel in SWGAide.

Extensive details is read in the help files, just hit F1 when at the ISDroid panel.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:20 am

Doing some tests at the current resources for the fake test server named SWGCraft.co.uk I wonder if it is that galaxy you play with, is it? How have you got ISDroids for that galaxy as it does not exist in game? What are you trying to do?
/Z

milkiee
Novice Crafter

Post by milkiee » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:04 am

Zimoon wrote:Doing some tests at the current resources for the fake test server named SWGCraft.co.uk I wonder if it is that galaxy you play with, is it? How have you got ISDroids for that galaxy as it does not exist in game? What are you trying to do?
/Z
Hey/Z,

Thanks for your reply,

I submitted stats to test server to ensure that everything my end was working, without risking messing up the proper stats.

Milk

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:49 am

milkiee wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Doing some tests at the current resources for the fake test server named SWGCraft.co.uk I wonder if it is that galaxy you play with, is it? How have you got ISDroids for that galaxy as it does not exist in game? What are you trying to do?
/Z
Hey/Z,

Thanks for your reply,

I submitted stats to test server to ensure that everything my end was working, without risking messing up the proper stats.

Milk
But did you do that using SWGAide?

milkiee
Novice Crafter

Post by milkiee » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:17 am

Zimoon wrote:
milkiee wrote:
/Z
Hey/Z,

Thanks for your reply,

Milk
But did you do that using SWGAide?
No, manually. I went through the ISD report, edited it into a suitable report format, input all the stats in swg then submitted using the form at the bottom of swgc page.

Milk

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:11 am

OK, that should work, but remember that there is no data to download for the testing galaxy named SWGCraft.co.uk. Actually I have never tested against that galaxy, so how did it work? :)
/Z

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Zimoon wrote:However, I have implemented it as one set of guards per galaxy. Do you feel that it must be one set of guards per character? If so, elaborate a bit so I can see if it is worth to delay the release two extra days.
I don't really see a reason.

When you get to the inventory feature is it going to be the same? One per galaxy or per character?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:45 pm

Rommel wrote:
Zimoon wrote:However, I have implemented it as one set of guards per galaxy. Do you feel that it must be one set of guards per character? If so, elaborate a bit so I can see if it is worth to delay the release two extra days.
I don't really see a reason.

When you get to the inventory feature is it going to be the same? One per galaxy or per character?
Character :)
Reason is that some players have split up resources between different Traders still at the same galaxy. But it will be optional.

Thanks for the input. No I don't see the reason either, but wanted to ask before everything is so much harder to alter.

/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide v0.7.10 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:06 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.10 is uploaded

The new main features is found at the Resource tab as Guards. To save myself some lengthy typing, while at the Resource panel viewing Current Resources, press F1 to bring up the help documentation for that view.

In short guards/filters works as saved filters usually do, with one exception, if "ALERT" is selected for any of them the resource download from SWGCraft is checked regularly for any resource that meets the filter, and if so you will hear it. You can of course click a filter to filter the resource table accordingly.

Hence, filters with alerts == guards. Handy when you are watching out for that rare resource class with somewhat better stats than what you have.

If you have used for example MyRes, export your filters from MyRes and import them into SWGAide. Right clicking is your best friend.

Furthermore

Image album is updated due to the change SOE made. Screen shots are now found in StarWarsGalaxies\screenshots. SWGAide will not move them anymore since SOE promises that they will not be deleted anymore.

Irritating dialogs can now be suppressed for that session.

Players at Kettemoor can now use ISDroid reports and successfully upload submissions to SWGCraft.

Minor fixes to many to mention

Future

My next priority is to make SWGAide open source. I have offers from skilled engineers and programmers that want to help, and I welcome any submission, just send me a PM. SourceForge is the site and SWGAide is the project name.

This will lead to some minor changes in licensing to conform to common open source standards but that means nothing to you my friends.

After that Personal Inventories are top priority.
Not to complicate these too much, but still provide best services, I have a few ideas and I want your opinions with motivations:

I plan for one inventory per character. Imports will be done to the character currently selected at the main panel. While using the Inventory panel you will have the option to choose between any other character you have made an inventory for at the current galaxy, or all characters.

Adding resources will look up stats from their unique names assuming SWGCraft has the resource in the database. That requires exact spelling of the resource name.

File import will require the file format used by MyRes:

Code: Select all

characterName,resourceName,resourceClass,swgcraft_id,amount,ER,CR,CD,DR,FL,HR,MA,OQ,SR,UT,PE
characterName will be disregarded and replaced by the currently selected character. Split up the MyRes export file on several files to import for several characters. Some name must be present anyway, of compatibility reasons.
resourceName is the resource name, no spelling errors thank you.
resourceClass and swgcraft_id, none of them is required but the MyRes export file has them both. You may replace them with a blank space, but retain the comma signs for now.
amount is an integer
stats may be omitted and the SWGAide will try to find the resource name at SWGCraft, thence it is important that you have selected the correct galaxy. If you provide stats, all of them must be there as 0 or a value, all of them can be 0 and also in that case SWGAide tries to look up the name at SWGCraft.

There will be another option to Import Notefile; you may type a file in-game on a shorter format using the in-game notepad and import the notefile.

Code: Select all

resourceName,amount,optionalText
The resourceName must still be spelled correctly, and amount is understood. As before SWGAide will try to look up the resource at SWGCraft for the proper galaxy. optionalText will be use in the case the resource cannot be looked up, presented in a dialog to help you continue, abbreviation of resource class or whatever.

As always I appreciate all reports and suggestions.

Happy playing guys

/Zimoon

Haylia
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.10 Beta

Post by Haylia » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Woohooo !! Thanks for the update! I just uploaded to Kettemoor successfully and I couldn't be happier! Thank you SO much for all the hard work you do!

- Haylia :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Haylia wrote:Woohooo !! Thanks for the update! I just uploaded to Kettemoor successfully and I couldn't be happier! Thank you SO much for all the hard work you do!

- Haylia :D
And I am happy to see SWGCraft supported by resource submissions, anything that can ease that burden :P

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:28 am

Great thing mate!
Was just unhappy with the Filters of Myres (they dont calculated correct anyone, I found out)... wanted to write you a message about filters... and here they are :)

Now I just need the inventory thing, then I can totally retire Myres. *cheer*

Can you maybe give any ETA when that feature will be available?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Can you maybe give any ETA when that feature will be available?
As anyone else I want to have a life to, or rather, my family wants me to ;) :P
No ETA, please