SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.20 Beta

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:17 pm

jt26077 wrote: Another thing I thought would be useful was to have an option to automatically add the hopper totals to the Inventory tab whenever certain events are triggered with an active harvester.

I am not so sure I like this idea because it relies on the harvester total being correct and to date I am noticing slight discrepancies between SWGAide and the Harvester itself in the actual extraction rate calculations.

jt26077
Intermediate Crafter

Post by jt26077 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Monty Burns wrote: I am not so sure I like this idea because it relies on the harvester total being correct and to date I am noticing slight discrepancies between SWGAide and the Harvester itself in the actual extraction rate calculations.
Unfortunately this is always going to be a problem. The underlying cause is due to the actual in-game harvester is sitting on a resource concentration that is most likely a floating point value, but the in-game UI only shows you a truncated integer value. EI: You have a harvester sitting on a spot that is 76%, but internal to the game it could be anywhere from 76.0 to 76.9 and we wouldnt have any idea. Im not sure how we would get around this other than reverse engineering the concentration % based on the actual extraction rate vs. BER displayed in-game.

The nice thing about features like this is that you can turn them off. The 'auto inventory add' feature is a just a checkbox on the activation dialog.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:23 pm

jt26077 wrote:
Monty Burns wrote: I am not so sure I like this idea because it relies on the harvester total being correct and to date I am noticing slight discrepancies between SWGAide and the Harvester itself in the actual extraction rate calculations.
Unfortunately this is always going to be a problem. The underlying cause is due to the actual in-game harvester is sitting on a resource concentration that is most likely a floating point value, but the in-game UI only shows you a truncated integer value. EI: You have a harvester sitting on a spot that is 76%, but internal to the game it could be anywhere from 76.0 to 76.9 and we wouldnt have any idea. Im not sure how we would get around this other than reverse engineering the concentration % based on the actual extraction rate vs. BER displayed in-game.

The nice thing about features like this is that you can turn them off. The 'auto inventory add' feature is a just a checkbox on the activation dialog.
Yep, it doesn't really worry me but I do think it pointless to add a feature that would in essence always be inaccurate to support a feature (inventories) that most people try and keep as accurate as possible, personally I would sooner see a "% Full" column to tell how close a harvester is to being full. This wouldn't need to be accurate as I tend to try and empty my harvesters at about 60-80%.

From my point of view (and obviously others have different opinions) I use the harvester tab to monitor my harvesters (tell me when I need to empty them, carry out maintenance etc.) I really have no interest about what is actually being collected other than whether it is up or not.

It is my opinion that if you can not get an accurate inventory from the harvester then people will always have to correct it themselves in which case you may as well leave it blank and let them enter the correct number themselves.

jt26077
Intermediate Crafter

Post by jt26077 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Monty Burns wrote: Yep, it doesn't really worry me but I do think it pointless to add a feature that would in essence always be inaccurate to support a feature (inventories) that most people try and keep as accurate as possible, personally I would sooner see a "% Full" column to tell how close a harvester is to being full. This wouldn't need to be accurate as I tend to try and empty my harvesters at about 60-80%.

From my point of view (and obviously others have different opinions) I use the harvester tab to monitor my harvesters (tell me when I need to empty them, carry out maintenance etc.) I really have no interest about what is actually being collected other than whether it is up or not.
To be honest, I use the harvester tab in the same manner as you. I use it more as a monitor to tell me when I need to add credits, power, or clear out the hopper. Not so much on how much is collected... once I have over 1 million in any given resource, I pretty much stop counting.

With that said though, there has been a decent amount of interest in it... so for those who don't mind a 1-2% margin of error this will probably be more of a feature of convenience even if it is slightly inaccurate.

As a side note, hopper % is actually displayed, but only when it gets close to critical mass. The warnings start firing off once you get within 6 hours of the respective deadlines for each of the time sensitive columns. Hopper capacity is one of the higher priority warnings, so once you get within 6 hours of your pickup deadline it will start displaying % full.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:05 pm

jt26077 wrote:With that said though, there has been a decent amount of interest in it... so for those who don't mind a 1-2% margin of error this will probably be more of a feature of convenience even if it is slightly inaccurate.
I guess if it is a selectable option it really wouldnt matter a whole lot.

As a side note, hopper % is actually displayed, but only when it gets close to critical mass. The warnings start firing off once you get within 6 hours of the respective deadlines for each of the time sensitive columns. Hopper capacity is one of the higher priority warnings, so once you get within 6 hours of your pickup deadline it will start displaying % full.

Is there any chance this could be a selectable value?

For example have a user selectable % for it to trigger rather than a 6 hours before you are screwed figure?

By the time I am done sleeping, eating, working and attempting to emulate a real life getting that 6 hour window is a pretty slim chance.

:)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:16 pm

maninspace wrote:okay, next problem:

just wanted to upload the ISD-res-file with my handwritten stats...
I start the upload and get an spash-screen:

Error in line: swgcraft_start

Missing stat(s)

and also for the line with the planets name and timestamp... :(

upload worked after this as it is supposed to...
I will do such a batch tomorrow then. I have only used the "long format" for the latest months I guess.

/Zimoon

jt26077
Intermediate Crafter

Post by jt26077 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 pm

Monty Burns wrote: Is there any chance this could be a selectable value?

For example have a user selectable % for it to trigger rather than a 6 hours before you are screwed figure?

By the time I am done sleeping, eating, working and attempting to emulate a real life getting that 6 hour window is a pretty slim chance.

Yeah, I was planning on introducing some display options like toggling between viewing hoppers as numerical data or as a percentage. I wanted each warning type (maint., power, and hopper) to have its own customizable limit... 6 hours was just an initial starting point. My list of ideas is fairly short right now, but I was leaving plenty of room for user suggestion.

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:54 am

Zimoon,
are you planning to implement schematics somehow? Like a "filter resources by schematic" or such a thing?
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:25 am

maninspace wrote:Zimoon,
are you planning to implement schematics somehow? Like a "filter resources by schematic" or such a thing?
It is definitely on the list. I never anticipated that the resources panel would steal this much time, but it turned out that it did and we are still not finished. But definitely, I want to have it for my own good so ... :D

Now when we are more guys in the team anything is possible: Expertize calculators, RE-support, you name it. Whatever somebody feels for is possible to add as another tab. Adding a ready made tab takes almost no time, it is making the tab that takes time, certainly so if it involves communication and taking care of possible ambiguous data. So, Java programmers this direction :)

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:05 am

Hoi,

i just start to test the inventory feature and the resource sections.

First: Why can't i name the storage?
At the moment i have to pick a name - but i would like a different type of sorting the resources (I have at MyRes 4 storages: Domestic food / BM-stuff / old schems / jedi - and that dont compare with the character who have it (ok, it compares partly: Belisama have 2, the other 2 are on 2 other toons)
Also: When i import the inventory from MyRes he wants to know if he want to important my current character. But of course he important the complete storage to this character.

That means of course i have to manualy sort my complete inventory. Did i mentioned that i have a really large inventory (383 different resources).

And then: I can't import all filters. I have a really large amount of filters - and SWGAide importants only 3. (a really large amount means: 210 filters.) Did i mentioned that Arnaud is resource merchant ? 8)

When i retry it - its importants the same 3 filters. You need my logs?

Best
Beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:14 am

Belisama wrote:Hoi,

i just start to test the inventory feature and the resource sections.

First: Why can't i name the storage?
At the moment i have to pick a name - but i would like a different type of sorting the resources (I have at MyRes 4 storages: Domestic food / BM-stuff / old schems / jedi - and that dont compare with the character who have it (ok, it compares partly: Belisama have 2, the other 2 are on 2 other toons)
Also: When i import the inventory from MyRes he wants to know if he want to important my current character. But of course he important the complete storage to this character.

That means of course i have to manualy sort my complete inventory. Did i mentioned that i have a really large inventory (383 different resources).

And then: I can't import all filters. I have a really large amount of filters - and SWGAide importants only 3. (a really large amount means: 210 filters.) Did i mentioned that Arnaud is resource merchant ? 8)

When i retry it - its importants the same 3 filters. You need my logs?

Best
Beli
OK Beli, hold in to the inventory then and I will see what I can do quickly. Nobody mentioned your needs when I asked for ideas, or I forgot(?), so... But it is doable, no problem. Most probably it won't happen with the upcoming release, tomorrow or Monday, but it will happen.

Filters: That sounds odd, I have had no trouble importing these that comes straight from MyRes, and I even tried to evilly corrupt them, please send the logs and the filters to me, you have my email :)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Zimoon

Kaelyyn
Novice Crafter

Post by Kaelyyn » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Zimoon,

You might want to check your d/l .ZIP file for SWGAide. I d/led it 3 times and when I ran the replacement SWGAide file I kept getting the update available message. The file I kept getting out of the ZIPs compairs to v0.7.19 size & date wise. I then d/led the single file which upgraded me to the current v0.7.20.

Thx

Kaelyyn

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:27 pm

Kaelyyn wrote:Zimoon,

You might want to check your d/l .ZIP file for SWGAide. I d/led it 3 times and when I ran the replacement SWGAide file I kept getting the update available message. The file I kept getting out of the ZIPs compairs to v0.7.19 size & date wise. I then d/led the single file which upgraded me to the current v0.7.20.

Thx

Kaelyyn
You are perfectly right, my bad, I have no idea why I missed that one, distracted by family or whatever :oops:
Uploading as I type ... done now.

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:36 pm

Zimoon wrote:OK Beli, hold in to the inventory then and I will see what I can do quickly. Nobody mentioned your needs when I asked for ideas, or I forgot(?), so... But it is doable, no problem. Most probably it won't happen with the upcoming release, tomorrow or Monday, but it will happen.
Zimoon wrote:Filters: That sounds odd, I have had no trouble importing these that comes straight from MyRes, and I even tried to evilly corrupt them, please send the logs and the filters to me, you have my email :)
Thank you. Mail sended :)

BTW i have another idea - not sure if its mentioned before:
the filters and stuff calculate the quality of a resource. But sometimes the quality deend also of what other resources you need for the schematic.

Is it possible to doa schematic section ?

Example:
Deneelian Fizz Pudding - Nutrition need 66% PE and 33% OQ It use Milk, Bone and Leather.
Of course Bone and Leather don't have PE so the PE of milk is much more important then 66%.

If i could select on a given schematic the resource i want the tool could calculate how good (in % not in stats) the result would be. (Of course you need to mark if you have the resource quality expertise bonus).

So if i have 2 different milks:
Milk A OQ 995 PE 826 and
Milk B with OQ 606 PE 980
If I calculate the rating of the Milk accoding to the schematic and dont look at the other resources Milk A have rating 88% and milk B about 85%

But i i use them together with a near perfect bone and Hide i could select in the schematic:
Milk A + Bone X + Leather Y the total rating in combination would maybe 84%
but with milk B it would be 94%

You understand what i mean ? :)

best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:38 pm

Belisama wrote:...
BTW i have another idea - not sure if its mentioned before:
the filters and stuff calculate the quality of a resource. But sometimes the quality deend also of what other resources you need for the schematic.

Is it possible to doa schematic section ? ...
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 8399#p8399