SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.16 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:40 pm

SWGAide 0.7.16 is published

A creepy little bug had passed through. Now depleted resources should alarm.

Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.17 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:45 pm

SWGAide 0.7.17 is uploaded

This update fixes a really nasty bug I had thrown in that affected ISDroid uploads.

Thanks Malane that contacted me in-game about it :)

/Z

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.15 Beta

Post by Rommel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:46 am

Zimoon wrote:Several bugs were discovered, none reported from you guys though, have you stopped using SWGAide or are you simply not reporting them? ;) :P
Just haven't found or noticed any yet :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.15 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:00 am

Rommel wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Several bugs were discovered, none reported from you guys though, have you stopped using SWGAide or are you simply not reporting them? ;) :P
Just haven't found or noticed any yet :P
I try to hide them well, but yesterday I failed miserably, one showed its ugly face instantly :oops:
I am ashamed of myself and will clean toilets for a week :cry:
/Zimoon

Narat
Novice Crafter

Post by Narat » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:50 pm

I have the newest version but it doesnt seem to be updating stats from the site.
i was able to do the ISD surveys
they did populate correctly
i was able to update the stats on the web site
they did not update in the aid tool. going on 3 hours now but no stats.

Not sure if this is a bug or op error...

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:21 pm

Narat wrote:I have the newest version but it doesnt seem to be updating stats from the site.
i was able to do the ISD surveys
they did populate correctly
i was able to update the stats on the web site
they did not update in the aid tool. going on 3 hours now but no stats.

Not sure if this is a bug or op error...
I will test it more thoroughly. Actually, the new resources are supposed to make it into the tool right away and not have to wait for next hourly update. I am not able to test that tonight, but I sure will.

/Zimoon

alibegoa
Novice Crafter

Post by alibegoa » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:51 pm

What happens to me:
I usually update eclipse once a day with all the stats of new resources, but several days ago I updated some flora without the stats due to time constraints. The next day during the next update those showed in 4. Resources without stats in SWGAide and were in my res.txt. After updating and submitting them they now show the stats in swgcraft.co.uk. But now today they again show in 4. Resources without stats in SWGAide and are again dumped in res.txt even though they have stats in swgcraft.co.uk.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:24 am

alibegoa wrote:What happens to me:
I usually update eclipse once a day with all the stats of new resources, but several days ago I updated some flora without the stats due to time constraints. The next day during the next update those showed in 4. Resources without stats in SWGAide and were in my res.txt. After updating and submitting them they now show the stats in swgcraft.co.uk. But now today they again show in 4. Resources without stats in SWGAide and are again dumped in res.txt even though they have stats in swgcraft.co.uk.
Thanks for the report. Yes, I think I realize the problem. An effect of the extensive rework of the underlying data repository. Thanks for reporting it, I will look into this first thing when I arrive at home after work.

/Zimoon

Ahlora
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.14 Beta

Post by Ahlora » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Belisama wrote:
Ahlora wrote:...Imagine my ... erm ... surprise when they came back showing 50 (yep, count em ... 50) flora resources that were not listed at SWGCraft :)
Good thing about flora is: It stay 7 - 21 days. Imagine all flora would have a 7 day shift also. You would never be ready with updating ;)
Ahlora wrote:So, I take my trusty survey tool around the galaxy and get all the info and bring it back. My eyes are bleeding, but it's done <yawn>
You know how to use a resource deed for checking stats ? :)
Thanks, and yes, I know about the resource deed. Just don't have one yet :( But if things going as they've been going, I may be able to purchase one before too long :)

In the meantime, I'm having a bit of fun.

I'm still enjoying SWGAide ... still exploring different aspects of it. I even got a friend of mine to try it out, too. She was under the impression that it only worked with the old site.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.14 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Ahlora wrote:
Belisama wrote:
Ahlora wrote:...Imagine my ... erm ... surprise when they came back showing 50 (yep, count em ... 50) flora resources that were not listed at SWGCraft :)
Good thing about flora is: It stay 7 - 21 days. Imagine all flora would have a 7 day shift also. You would never be ready with updating ;)
Ahlora wrote:So, I take my trusty survey tool around the galaxy and get all the info and bring it back. My eyes are bleeding, but it's done <yawn>
You know how to use a resource deed for checking stats ? :)
Thanks, and yes, I know about the resource deed. Just don't have one yet :( But if things going as they've been going, I may be able to purchase one before too long :)

In the meantime, I'm having a bit of fun.

I'm still enjoying SWGAide ... still exploring different aspects of it. I even got a friend of mine to try it out, too. She was under the impression that it only worked with the old site.
LOL
It actually never has been working with that site, I had something in the going 3 years ago, but that wasn't even close to this one.

I am still struggling with the bugs from the deep changes in the infra structure. All of them (the known ones at least) are pinpointed and can be addressed, some are just more considerations such as this issue:
"I have resource Alpha of class Polonium Iron and with stats downloaded yesterday from SWGCraft, but somebody edits it to be Plumbum Iron, same name and same stats. This does not sound much, just change the class. OK, but is the edit correct? Should I raise a dialog? Or just do the change silently? Or put a line in the log maybe? Will the user benefit from whatever?" You see, a small thingie easily becomes a minor brain meltdown before I finally settle with "SWGAide adopt the new class (the guys updating SWGCraft probably know what they is doing), prints a line to the log but don't raise another irritating dialog!"

However, this will also break all links to this particular resource for monitors and inventory. Bad! Can it be corrected? Is it worth the time right now? How often will this happen? And how often will it affect the user? No, I won't do it right now.

Just an example of how a tiny little bug may cause several hours of research, pondering, rearranging, and development. In a way it is good because the code becomes more and more modular and robust, but all these things when stuff is interleaved takes time and the future features are put on hold.

Still having fun though :D

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:08 pm

I have a question about the guards:
Am I right, if I have to enter a guard for every resource I need to craft my product?
Just an example:
Lets say, I want to look for the resources for some fine Pyollian Cake and I want to push the Nutritional Value.
So in this case I create two guards:
1. "pyollian cake - oat "- OQ 33 PE 66
2. "pyollian cake - fruit"- OQ 33 PE 66

Right till this?

Okay, so what do I have to do with the treshold? Do I have to see this as a kind of rating I want to reach?

Ah, and another question: What kind of "alert" will I have to expect? A visual? A acoutical? :D
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

alibegoa
Novice Crafter

Post by alibegoa » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Another problem:
Quite a few of the resources I submitted yesterday with the stats now appear again today in
3. New resources at galaxy and planet (but only at the same planets that are already reported to swgcraft.co.uk, many of them being planet specific flora but some inorganics as well)
and are again dumped in res.txt :(

This may be a long standing bug but I only became aware of it recently.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 pm

maninspace wrote:I have a question about the guards:
Am I right, if I have to enter a guard for every resource I need to craft my product?
Just an example:
Lets say, I want to look for the resources for some fine Pyollian Cake and I want to push the Nutritional Value.
So in this case I create two guards:
1. "pyollian cake - oat "- OQ 33 PE 66
2. "pyollian cake - fruit"- OQ 33 PE 66

Right till this?

Okay, so what do I have to do with the treshold? Do I have to see this as a kind of rating I want to reach?

Ah, and another question: What kind of "alert" will I have to expect? A visual? A acoutical? :D
You must have a guard for every resource class you are interested in, which will alerts when the threshold is met and "alarm" is selected. The alarm is audiovisual :P
You will hear an otiinii and the guard will be colored orange. You can choose to not see guards that have nothing over its threshold.

In other words, you will build up several guards over time, but only a few should have anything to alarm for at any given time.

However, you can also click a guard whenever to sort the resources it filters for due to their rate.

I hope that I will have a new version out tomorrow, I am testing the changes now.

/Zimoon

Narat
Novice Crafter

Post by Narat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Yeah still not updating stats from web site. I even deleted the entire folder and reinstalled the latest version. Just not updating at all. Hope you get it fixed soon.......I was able to upload ISD reports from the tool but never got the stats back from the web site.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Narat wrote:Yeah still not updating stats from web site. I even deleted the entire folder and reinstalled the latest version. Just not updating at all. Hope you get it fixed soon.......I was able to upload ISD reports from the tool but never got the stats back from the web site.
I am running the final test as I type, just have to wait 40 minutes for the ISDroids I got from a friend :)

I threw in some more feature too, hardly visible ;)

/Z