SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.6 Beta

Post by Rommel » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:27 am

Zimoon wrote:The three entries can be delimited by a comma, dot, semicolon, colon, or white space, exactly as it is already possible to delimit stats at the res.txt.
I didn't know you could do that...life just got easier.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.6 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:16 am

Rommel wrote:
Zimoon wrote:The three entries can be delimited by a comma, dot, semicolon, colon, or white space, exactly as it is already possible to delimit stats at the res.txt.
I didn't know you could do that...life just got easier.
Should I document every thingie you'd get the yellow pages :P
I made it this way rather to relax the formatting rules since it's so easy to slip and that would choke up.
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.7 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:18 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.7 is uploaded.

The major additions are the feature to filter and sort on experimental weights, and the display options. Still no documentation though so a few words:
  • Leftmost "resource class tree" makes it possible to narrow down on resources you are interested in. This selection of a resource class also affects the colorization, filtering, and weighing if "Consider caps" is selected.
  • "Consider caps" does just that, if selected the coloring and the filtering is relative the caps of the currently selected resource class. This is true both for experimental weights and filtering on lowest stat in which case the filter values may be viewed as percent, with an extra zero.
  • "Calc no-stat" toggles whether missing stats should make it as an asset or not. Compare the rule that "a resource must meet a stat called for at least once, if possible". If selected the resource must still have at least one of the stats. Notice that it is a question of whether the resource class has this stat or not, not if no stats are submitted or not for the particular resource.
  • "Max hours", self explanatory I believe ;)
  • "Exp wgt", when selected the filters only accept entries which sum is 98-100, otherwise no new filtering nor sorting is done. Deselecting this checkbox clears the filter entries.
  • The number input fields take numbers 0-1000 as the lowest acceptable value for its stat, considering both caps and/or no-stat if these are selected.
Minor fixes:
  • Fixed an error that could happen when selecting or deselecting "Consider caps" at the current resource screen.
  • To avoid annoying dialogs, now SWGAide remembers most recently selected character. To change to another character and/or galaxy you still need to select another character at the main tab.
As always, I appreciate all reports, suggestions, and bug reports. Even those that are only about things that annoys you, let's squash these :)

Heads up though:
Tuesday I leave for Portugal for 16 days, without computer. Gee if I will have severe abstinence problems for that time :P
Thence, nobody here to take care of your most acute bugs, but the more rested when I am back.

Have fun

/Zimoon

Raanfalle
Novice Crafter

Saving Emails

Post by Raanfalle » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:00 am

Ok...this question has probably been asked but I didn't see it anywhere so I'm going to give it a whirl anyway.

When I use /mailsave in the game and I get the message that all of the emails have been processed, and then go into SWGAide and see the information from those emails in the program, is it necessary to continue to save the original emails in the game?

I haven't deleted any so far since I'm not sure if the information from the processed emails will be retained in SWGAide if I delete the original emails then run /mailsave on subsequent emails I get.

Right now I only have about 100 or so emails and when I run /mailsave it takes a short amount of time to process them each time but I've noticed the processing time is getting longer the more emails I get so I can guess when I have 10,000 emails it will take quite a bit of time to process.

Thanks in advance to any that answer this question.

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:37 am

Once you mailsave and it says it is done your good to delete them.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:14 am

Rommel is correct.
The mails are moved by SWGAide to a path within the folder you installed SWGAide at: SWGAide\mails\YourStation\Galaxy\CharacterName

They are not stored in any file that SWGAide can corrupt but in files at your harddisk.

For further information, try to click F1 at the different panels you use, a few of them have their individual help text, otherwise you just get the general help text. I have put quite some effort into the help system, so why not use it? ;) :P

/Zimoon

Gaflem
Novice Crafter

Post by Gaflem » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:53 pm

Is there a reason why swgaide does not show the resource values? they are all blank. The first time i ran 7.7 it showed values for like 1 sec then changed them all to 0.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Gaflem wrote:Is there a reason why swgaide does not show the resource values? they are all blank. The first time i ran 7.7 it showed values for like 1 sec then changed them all to 0.
This sounds odd. Is this still a problem for you?

I have been out of town, that's why the long delay?

As I can see you are the only one reporting this issue, so if there still is an issue I must ask, what is your installed Java version and some specifics on your machine.

I know of one other user that have had other issues with "blank data". All I can say is that it works for the rest of us and there must be some odd problems within Java, and I don't know why.

/Zimoon

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Gaflem wrote:Is there a reason why swgaide does not show the resource values? they are all blank. The first time i ran 7.7 it showed values for like 1 sec then changed them all to 0.

As I can see you are the only one reporting this issue, so if there still is an issue I must ask, what is your installed Java version and some specifics on your machine.

I know of one other user that have had other issues with "blank data". All I can say is that it works for the rest of us and there must be some odd problems within Java, and I don't know why.

/Zimoon
Welcome back, did you had a great time?

Artax Wavingwalker

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:37 pm

panino76 wrote:
Zimoon wrote:

/Zimoon
Welcome back, did you had a great time?
Thanks, yes, great. Only one day with a slightly clouded sky, the rest was all sunshine. And they have decent beer :D

Dinger
Novice Crafter

Post by Dinger » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:08 am

is there a way to cross referance draft schematics, and have the program recomend which resource would be the best for each schematic?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:34 am

Dinger wrote:is there a way to cross referance draft schematics, and have the program recomend which resource would be the best for each schematic?
Not yet :D

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:24 am

Had a Resource=null on this Vintrium Extrusive Ore

There are the stats as I entered them...
Covei,Vintrium Extrusive Ore,994.987.983.529.865.936.982

Somebody else reported the resource so the stats on the page are correct.
If you need the error logs let me know.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:11 am

Rommel wrote:Had a Resource=null on this Vintrium Extrusive Ore

There are the stats as I entered them...
Covei,Vintrium Extrusive Ore,994.987.983.529.865.936.982

Somebody else reported the resource so the stats on the page are correct.
If you need the error logs let me know.
Hmm, please send the error log PLUS the ISDroid mail. Could it be some naming difference again? Must investigate.

/Zimoon

Dinger
Novice Crafter

Post by Dinger » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 am

really wish I knew how to code to offer assistance