SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.6.4 BETA

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Sobuno wrote:I am unable to do any tests of it atm, but I've thrown up yet another fix (*Crosses fingers*)

-Sobuno
Nope, "GetUserInfo" still returns a non-SOAP-response, not even a SOAP fault response.

/Z

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:43 pm

Zimoon wrote: PS: The first dot at the list, I mean classes such as Creature Resources and its sub-classes (for which there are no ISDroids), Water (which is only a few to waste a ISDroid on), and all the other classes, for any other reason.
Oh, thats why I love your work - I forgot this point! :lol: and that is an important one - hard work to get this stats the "normal" way :mrgreen:
Love to see, what ideas you have for this - just tell us, when you need some data from us - my harverster droids are ready :)

BTW: What do you think about implemantating the Hotspot-Feature of MyRes?
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:54 pm

Zimoon wrote:I appreciate your kind words and support and if there is anything I want some help with I would certainly let you all know.
Does that mean you want to know what's most important to us ?

If yes: I like nearly all features of MyRes. But the stuff i use most is:

Top 1:
Monitoring = Guard current resources (I would use MyRes as long as no other tool have this)

Top 2- 4 (you can't seperate that features i think)
Resource inventory
filters for resource classes and stats (together with my storage)
Current resource view with stats

Seldom used:
the "standard filters (=schematics)":
i prefer using my own filters at the right upper window (between Monitoring and Display)
Hotspot-Feature (i have a mailing list for that)

What i also love is that you can change the schematics by yourself. That's why MyRes still work: Even if the author abandoned the project - you can change them if they are updated ingame :)

What Myres don't have but i liked at other tools i saw earlier in my SWG-Career:
a Calculator of the crafting result in % after different resources to a schematic (= the tool knows the caps of all resources and it knows schematics. After all: If you use a resource tool that knows the schematics all subparts of the tools should know them also ;)
You select the resource you have for the different slots and the tool say the final result in %.
I saw that for BE-Tissues and medicals pre-NGE and liked it. The BE-tissues was a webbased tool (the URL i don't have anymore). It's a bit like http://www.swgcraft.com/restool.php just that it already know the schematics and is aware of resource caps. Also it show the influence of "missing stats".

Example:
Deneelin Fizz Pudding needs 10 Milk, 20 Bone and 20 Leathery Hide.
Exp rating (on nutrition) is: 33% OQ and 66% PE.
Bone and leather don't have PE, so the PE value comes from only milk.
Let's say i have OQ 1000 on bone and leather and i can select between 2 different milks:
milk a) OQ 550 and PE 999 = rating 840,8
milk b) OQ 999 and OQ 800 = rating 857,6
If you calculate the rating without the stats of bone / hide the "milk b" is better then "milk a".
But if you calculate the complete schematic with bones and hides the result could change drastically...

Best
Beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Notes taken, thanks Beli :)
/Z

Hellbound
Novice Crafter

Post by Hellbound » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:46 pm

SWEAide account verify seems to be working again.

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:57 pm

Confirmed :D
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Communication with this site should be working again now.

Bugs might pop up again as I've been rewriting the authentication system SOAP uses

-Sobuno

Sun-Tzu
Novice Crafter

Post by Sun-Tzu » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:00 pm

what is myres?

also graphical form of sales would be nice. there was another merchants tool which did this and you could compare them to the previous month's and upload and publish. i liked that one.

also total amount you've spent. thats been bugging me in merchants friend a lot. as has not being to filter your sales to just your own vendors and showing them slightly different to vendors of other people's where you offer stuff too...as a hardcore crafter i like to see the performance of my vendors and then yes the overall revenue but then a lot of trades are done by trade window so thats not always accurate...

But nice tool. Keep up the good work..

Sun-Tzu
Novice Crafter

Post by Sun-Tzu » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Also what is ISD?

I also can't get my swg craft account verified. I am putting in the correct details...

And lastly, once i installed it that was fine but i couldn't find it again to use. I had to pretend to install it again to find it again. is there no menu i can get it from?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Sun-Tzu wrote:I also can't get my swg craft account verified. I am putting in the correct details...
Did you remember to capitalize the right letters in your username (Sun-Tzu, not sun-tzu)?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:46 pm

Sun-Tzu wrote:Also what is ISD?

ISD = Interplanetary Survey Droids, a consumable "droid" which has a number of uses, is equipped with a survey tool, and sent out to a specified planet. It reports all current resources within 12 to 30 minutes depending on its speed quality. Also the survey tool is consumed but since you can craft them with cheap recycled resources it is affordable.

I also can't get my swg craft account verified. I am putting in the correct details...

Two things, there was an issue at this site's side with the password encryption. This is fixed now. Second, are you sure you have spelled username and password exactly right. If you have and you trust me I must ask you to PM or mail me your username/password.

And lastly, once i installed it that was fine but i couldn't find it again to use. I had to pretend to install it again to find it again. is there no menu i can get it from?

No, this is a Java program and I have not added any installer to it. Please open the folder where you put it into and drag its icon to the desktop with your right mouse button and choose "Create Shortcut". Do not accidentially move it but make a shortcut.

After all, it is a beta version :)
Replies in red

/Zimoon

EDITED: Thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate all ideas and if they are easy enough they will come with the next upgrade, otherwise they are put onto my backlog.

EDITED 2: I am tired. MyRes is a tool launched about 3 years ago that also downloads resource data from SWGCraft and has some cool features. However, the author's site got hacked and he lost interest with that and the tool has been adrift since. It still does its job, crashes at times, and many of the ideas I suggested to Wendano will carry over into SWGAide in due time.

Sun-Tzu
Novice Crafter

Post by Sun-Tzu » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:42 am

Sobuno wrote:
Sun-Tzu wrote:I also can't get my swg craft account verified. I am putting in the correct details...
Did you remember to capitalize the right letters in your username (Sun-Tzu, not sun-tzu)?
*edits out sarcastic reply* Yes I am typing it correctly...
Last edited by Sun-Tzu on Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun-Tzu
Novice Crafter

Post by Sun-Tzu » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:45 am

Zimoon wrote:
Sun-Tzu wrote:Also what is ISD?

ISD = Interplanetary Survey Droids, a consumable "droid" which has a number of uses, is equipped with a survey tool, and sent out to a specified planet. It reports all current resources within 12 to 30 minutes depending on its speed quality. Also the survey tool is consumed but since you can craft them with cheap recycled resources it is affordable.

Two things, there was an issue at this site's side with the password encryption. This is fixed now. Second, are you sure you have spelled username and password exactly right. If you have and you trust me I must ask you to PM or mail me your username/password.

No, this is a Java program and I have not added any installer to it. Please open the folder where you put it into and drag its icon to the desktop with your right mouse button and choose "Create Shortcut". Do not accidentially move it but make a shortcut.

After all, it is a beta version :)
Replies in red

/Zimoon

EDITED: Thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate all ideas and if they are easy enough they will come with the next upgrade, otherwise they are put onto my backlog.

EDITED 2: I am tired. MyRes is a tool launched about 3 years ago that also downloads resource data from SWGCraft and has some cool features. However, the author's site got hacked and he lost interest with that and the tool has been adrift since. It still does its job, crashes at times, and many of the ideas I suggested to Wendano will carry over into SWGAide in due time.
Thanks. I'll pm you my forum details. And in over 3 years of playing swg and crafting for at least 2 and a half years I have never heard of myres!! Where can I get it from?

I couldn't see the file in the swg directory when I looked. I might be being a bit blind as it was late so I'll have another look. Thanks Z.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:21 am

Sun-Tzu wrote:Thanks. I'll pm you my forum details. And in over 3 years of playing swg and crafting for at least 2 and a half years I have never heard of myres!! Where can I get it from?

I couldn't see the file in the swg directory when I looked. I might be being a bit blind as it was late so I'll have another look. Thanks Z.
PM me the forum details, please. If you do it today I can look into it before I travel to London for a few days (without Internet and computer).

Hmm, your comments made me thing and I have to ask you:
  • Did you follow the instructions and created a folder somewhere at your disk?
  • Did you download the SWGAide.jar file as opposed to start it from the web?
  • Did you put it into the created folder, which should be populated with a few folders named "logs", "mails", "album", and a SWGAide.DAT file?
I ask since it is possible to run SWGAide from the web site. I will clarify that instruction immediately.

MyRes: http://myres.wendano.de/

/Zimoon

EDITED:
Sun-Tzu wrote:also total amount you've spent.
It has a sum for purchases at the Purchase tab, and also a "Netto" (will be changed to "Net cash") at the Statistics details. Possibly I miss what it is you want. Please elaborate on that, by example if you want to.
/Z

Sun-Tzu
Novice Crafter

Post by Sun-Tzu » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sun-Tzu wrote:Thanks. I'll pm you my forum details. And in over 3 years of playing swg and crafting for at least 2 and a half years I have never heard of myres!! Where can I get it from?

PM me the forum details, please. If you do it today I can look into it before I travel to London for a few days (without Internet and computer).

Hmm, your comments made me thing and I have to ask you:
  • Did you follow the instructions and created a folder somewhere at your disk?
  • Did you download the SWGAide.jar file as opposed to start it from the web?
  • Did you put it into the created folder, which should be populated with a few folders named "logs", "mails", "album", and a SWGAide.DAT file?
I ask since it is possible to run SWGAide from the web site. I will clarify that instruction immediately.

MyRes: http://myres.wendano.de/

/Zimoon
I'll need to re-trace my steps but I think I installed it in my swg directory. I'll take another look. I think it was late when I did it.

Zimoon wrote:EDITED:
Sun-Tzu wrote:also total amount you've spent.
It has a sum for purchases at the Purchase tab, and also a "Netto" (will be changed to "Net cash") at the Statistics details. Possibly I miss what it is you want. Please elaborate on that, by example if you want to.
/Z

Probably best I take another look at it and make sure what I was after wasn't there!